McClaren rejected.

McRainy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not very likely though is it unless he was knocked back because of his likely wage demands?.

I actually quite like Rotherham (even went & saw their playoff final at Wembley a few years back) but I can't see why he would see them as an attractive proposition given they don't have the fanbase or income and that bottom half Championship is probably the best they can realistically aspire to in the next few years at least.

Unless he's still really in love with DCFC and it's like deliberately bumping into your ex, just to try & find out if they miss you.

TBH, if true, why would they when they see what he did here.

Start something good then if a bigger club comes sniffing he'll be turned.

Needs to go to a prem club or bugger off abroad.

But spending 80mill and still having a hand in getting the club relegated won't fair well with prem club owners.

Unfortunate, as I believe he could have done something great here if he had given us his 100% attention.

For all the conspiracy theorists I'll stress yet again that McClaren was sacked by Derby County.

I do agree that he'll have to go abroad again though. His spell at Newcastle was an unmitigated disaster.

I cannot help but think that Newcastle performance has finished his chances of getting a good job in England until he rebuilds hid reputation. Still,hes not poor.

He needs a good job next time, as in club on the up that had their manager poached but has a good team for example. If he goes into another turn it around situation it could be terminal.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I don't see how people can call him Judas for taking another job after getting sacked by us.

I don't want to open up that can of worms again really but they are two things surely?.

1. He's a "Judas" because he enjoyed the attention from Newcastle, refused to rule himself out of the job and (in the eyes of many) caused a distraction that derailed our promotion campaign.

2. He was sacked due to us finishing 8th, due (in full or part) to number 1 above.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I don't want to open up that can of worms again really but they are two things surely?.

1. He's a "Judas" because he enjoyed the attention from Newcastle, refused to rule himself out of the job and (in the eyes of many) caused a distraction that derailed our promotion campaign.

2. He was sacked due to us finishing 8th, due (in full or part) to number 1 above.

6th of Januray 2015 - "I love it here. I don't want to let people down… like it or lump it, I'm staying."

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

See Cannable's reply.

Also, I'm no biblical expert, but I don't think Judas is reviled because he merely enjoyed the attention of being asked to betray Jesus, more the actual betrayal.

36 minutes ago, cannable said:

6th of Januray 2015 - "I love it here. I don't want to let people down… like it or lump it, I'm staying."

Statement made after being poked and prodded more than Katie Price has been. If he'd of ruled himself out from day dot he'd probably still be our manager now. 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Statement made after being poked and prodded more than Katie Price has been. If he'd of ruled himself out from day dot he'd probably still be our manager now. 

You like a week or so after the reports? Say like a week into January? Like the quote from @cannable?:huh:

19 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

TBH, if true, why would they when they see what he did here.

Start something good then if a bigger club comes sniffing he'll be turned.

Needs to go to a prem club or bugger off abroad.

But spending 80mill and still having a hand in getting the club relegated won't fair well with prem club owners.

Unfortunate, as I believe he could have done something great here if he had given us his 100% attention.

As I said when the rumours were circulating, there was always a very real chance it was going to end with tears. With us he was rebuilding his reputation, he had a chance to do something special with a young squad that he could mould over years. Instead, he went to Newcastle which is tough at the best of times and his reputation is in tatters. Completely deserved too. 

Archived