Classless Hull Fans

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

We did lose though hence the sour grapes.

Yeah we lost. I did notice.

Don't begrudge the fans wanting to come on and celebrate their getting to Wembley. It's an achievement after all.

But a small minority who seemed to be picking fights with our skipper, who was only trying to get off the pitch plus a couple of other instances gave a good natured celebration an air of menace.

Quite unnecessary. 

Why you're calling sour grapes I can't work out. Where? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yeah we lost. I did notice.

Don't begrudge the fans wanting to come on and celebrate their getting to Wembley. It's an achievement after all.

But a small minority who seemed to be picking fights with our skipper, who was only trying to get off the pitch plus a couple of other instances gave a good natured celebration an air of menace.

Quite unnecessary. 

Why you're calling sour grapes I can't work out. Where? 

You get idiots everywhere look at the Man Utd coach at West Ham the other evening, it isn't even worth giving those idiots the oxygen of publicity, we lost the game let the idiots have their fun, move on forget about it

There's a massive difference between running on the pitch and trying to congratulate your own players which is fine, and trying to wind up the opposition when your team has just made it to a playoff final which is sad.

All clubs have their idiots though,  and I don't doubt there would have been some Derby 'fans' who would have done the same. That said I hope they get a ban, its those types of idiot which ruin it for the rest of us.

19 minutes ago, davenportram said:

its not sour grapes at all. Its only sour grapes if losing is the cause of the comments - and it isn't.

Sweet dreams can continue this debate tomorrow going to try to dream of Wembley next season

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Good to see some shook hands with our lads. 

With all those people I think Hull fans ended up looking quite good out of it.

I remember us doing that to brightons lads, we shook their players hands as they made their way down the tunnel

2 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Plenty of great hull fans and we have our own berks too

A lot of Hull fans came over to applaud the Derby supporters. A night when a lot of pride was restored.

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

A lot of Hull fans came over to applaud the Derby supporters. A night when a lot of pride was restored.

They did @eddie and the ones that spoke to me when I was walking back to the car were very complementary to Derby. Before the game I wondered if I could motivate my self for this game. Once inside the ground it was no problem.

I agree. Several fans came over to shake hands with us at the end. The blokes I spoke to were raving over Hughes and Hendrick. I felt obliged to remind them about their injuries in an effort to explain why Hendrick in particular didn't play in the first leg. 

Anyway I wished them well at Wembley even though I want Weds to win it - I  quite like going to Hull!

That flipping car park at Hull is a pain in the neck. We were still stuck on there at nearly quarter to 11 - then of course there were mile after mile of fecking cones with not a single person doing anything on the motorway.

Saying that though, we stopped for a bite on the motorway on the way home, at McDonalds for heaven's sake - and loved it. Peri Peri chicken wrap.

Now into my second bottle of Straffe Jeff Hendrik Quadrupel. Lovely.

The guy who confronted Keogh has been convicted for hitting a granny so there you go.

There were many Hull fans who consoled our fans and Wassall and I'd rather focus on that.

There are always idiots at clubs, in this case 2 fools tainted a game in which we regained honour and which Hull showed their class.

Lets face it, I've felt like confronting opposition players many times. I've also felt like if I'd had a weapon in my hands I'd have used it, I've been that angry in the heat of a game. The difference is that I have the brains to know it's not the right thing to do. Hope the Hull idiots get their dues and aren't allowed to go to Wembley and also get a stadium ban so they can't watch next season. 

No it's not sour grapes, by saying that you're condoning it and that's disappointing. 

Also, it's easy to be gracious when you've won and shake hands but much harder when you've lost. 

Fans being fans. I hope Hull get beat at Wembley. 

PistoldPete2

What made the scenes bizarre was that there was nothing that could have prompted such ugliness. Hull had won the tie and reached the play off final, so should have been in celebratory mood. There were no controversial moments like dodgy penalties or sendings off. It was a remarkable tie, and Derby were gallant losers. So why would anyone turn ugly... I hear the guy who confronted Keogh has previous. 

Archived