King Arthur

richinspain

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem for Arthur was he got us to 5th in the prem and there was suddenly no money to carry it on due to Maxwell. So the decline set in and to get out of the ongoing critism his back gave him a way out without it getting messy. I thought he did a great job and would love to see him come on the pitch at the ipro.

Really think if we had been able to have got those two Cheq players we would have challenged for the title.

8 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

The problem for Arthur was he got us to 5th in the prem and there was suddenly no money to carry it on due to Maxwell. So the decline set in and to get out of the ongoing critism his back gave him a way out without it getting messy. I thought he did a great job and would love to see him come on the pitch at the ipro.

Really think if we had been able to have got those two Cheq players we would have challenged for the title.

He would not allow the Czechbook to be opened. :D

Sith Happens

Arthur spent a lot of money, but I think everyone wanted instant success, sure he signed Craig Short I'm sure at a world record price for a defender. Did a great job before this maybe if the club had been prepared to wait, but then it seems there are comparisons with today.

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

'The beginning of the renaissance'! Love a bit of Graham Richards. 

If you are born after the early 70s then Arthur was the first great boss. Then we had TBE. We're due another... Time for Wass?

Hopefully, but don't think Wass has got the presence or charisma to follow in the footsteps of Arthur or TBE and become the next great boss. Happy to be proven wrong though.

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

'The beginning of the renaissance'! Love a bit of Graham Richards. 

If you are born after the early 70s then Arthur was the first great boss. Then we had TBE. We're due another... Time for Wass?

Burley was nearly magnificent

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Probably one of, if not the worst transfer out of the club in the 35 years I've been supporting the Rams

Seem to remember hearing there was a promise Goddard could go back down south due to family reasons, was that true?

Arthur Cox teams gave me so much pleasure, we had some great players at this time, like Shilton in goal, Mark Wright at centre half, George Williams at centre midfield, Gregory in midfield, Dean Saunders up front,Goddard up front, Bobby Davison up frontand Ted macmin on the wing, and on the over wing Gary micklewhite, we also had Rob hindmarch at the back, such great days, and my fav away game ever, at Sheffield United when we took 10 000 fans, in a gate of just over 19 000, and Phil Gee scoring the only goal of the game through Burridges legs, great days, I was only 16 at the time, I think Arthur's team was the best since the Brian clough days.

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Arthur Cox teams gave me so much pleasure, we had some great players at this time, like Shilton in goal, Mark Wright at centre half, George Williams at centre midfield, Gregory in midfield, Dean Saunders up front,Goddard up front, Bobby Davison up frontand Ted macmin on the wing, and on the over wing Gary micklewhite, we also had Rob hindmarch at the back, such great days, and my fav away game ever, at Sheffield United when we took 10 000 fans, in a gate of just over 19 000, and Phil Gee scoring the only goal of the game through Burridges legs, great days, I was only 16 at the time, I think Arthur's team was the best since the Brian clough days.

A great few years and my favourite away game too. The 11th away win of the season and I think I went to about 8 of em. Sunderland, Grimsby etc etc and we always took loads. Those numbers would make b4 weep! 

All to the soundtrack of Graham Richards.

And Bobby still one of a handful of players (yep, a legend) to be known by just his first name. 

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

I think Dave Mackay's team was a bit better than Arthur's - personal view - and maybe better than Sir Brian's

4 hours ago, hiltonram said:

Little story for you on Knoflicek and Kubic.

One of the lads from Cleethorpes who came with us had an uncle who was a DCFC scout.He told us to get down to a café down the prom and introduced us to these two players.Both players were holed up in a Cleethorpes B&B for a fortnight but had to leave when Maxwell had the transfers blocked.

Real shame as these two would have added quality - typical of the luck that has followed DCFC throughout my time supporting them.

Archived