Is Bryson OK?

Gritty

17 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The challenge that Dunk got his 2nd yellow should've been a straight red and as for the fake dive for a penalty (either Kayal or knock-knob) against Cyrus in the 2nd half :angry: The general antics on the field by some of the Brighton players was very disappointing. 

Wasn't the dive against George - who clearly got the ball but slipped and caught the Brighton player ever so slightly as the ball was rolling out for the corner.....

Knock-knock did seem a bit of a dipstick but did do some good runs in the first half particularly when he waltzed through olsson Hughes and George. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Quite right. There seemed to be one or two "moments". The right back who went down clutching his head when it looked like part of his problem was the ball hitting him.

I like most of Brighton's players and they play decent football, but Bruno is an embarrassment to the game and the concept of masculinity in general.

26 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Didn't see it as a dive tbh. There was contact after Thorne got the ball. No foul, no dive. Ref got it 100% right.

Which was a good job as the Lino was about to waive for a penalty.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Yeah I saw that. Keogh was livid as it was him the ball was thrown towards and then they got the corner from it 

I did have a bit of sympathy for them. They threw it back to Keogh who then wasted time in the corner. They had to pressure him at some stage and that's when he had to kick it out for a throw-in. They were playing for promotion and were one-nil down. How long do you leave a man unchallenged in those circumstances?

Hope he's fine because that midfield 3 is immense when its firing. 

Thorne, Hughes and Bryson... its taken 18 months to get them on the pitch together again... and that pass from Hughes for Weimanns goal, it deserved to be put away first time but weimann had to take 2 didn't he lol

Bryson's pass for Ince as well.. Ince looked like a player not wanting to get injured before the playoffs today so can't really hold it against him regarding his display, he's been great the past month.

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

looked to me like his calf had stiffened up. (slightly)

He didn't look gutted and definitely no point risking it.

Not enough has been made of the fact Brighton chased the ball down from the throw in from the ball Bryson put out.

Poor sportsmanship in light of the way it's done in the modern game.

Not sure what Keogh was doing, lack of mental strength again, the ball wasn't going out for a corner and he took an eternity to do something before kicking it out, putting us under needless pressure. As stated above Brighton had to come for the ball at some point, and Richard could have managed the situation far better, took control and put his own team back on the front foot instead we are defending, when the ball could have been controlled and looked after in midfield instead and it should have been a case of simply running the clock down, what was he thinking and what was he expecting? As a Derby fan watching, and the keeper coming up, unfortunately I feared the worse.

2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Not sure what Keogh was doing, lack of mental strength again, the ball wasn't going out for a corner and he took an eternity to do something before kicking it out, putting us under needless pressure. As stated above Brighton had to come for the ball at some point, and Richard could have managed the situation far better, took control and put his own team back on the front foot instead we are defending, when the ball could have been controlled and looked after in midfield instead and it should have been a case of simply running the clock down, what was he thinking and what was he expecting? As a Derby fan watching, and the keeper coming up, unfortunately I feared the worse.

A couple of you have said the same thing so you must be spot on. I fully agree the centre half shouldn't be trying to fool around with it, hoof it, get set and go again.

I must admit I didn't count how long he dallied, just noticed knockaert closing him down.

I meant to say the ball wasn't going out for a goal kick and that's what Richard Keogh was hoping for when he dallied, when he had plenty of time to put the ball up the line but instead he opted to put it out for a throw in to them and put us under further pressure.

1 hour ago, zaragozaram said:

No he wasn´t, He flagged for the foul (the dive). If he was flagging for the peno his flag would have been across his chest.

think he was flagging to get the refs attention to tell him it was a corner not a penalty.

2 hours ago, zaragozaram said:

No he wasn´t, He flagged for the foul (the dive). If he was flagging for the peno his flag would have been across his chest.

Right and wrong. If it's a penalty you wave a few times and then put the flag across your chest. We couldn't see the end of the play with the camera but I imagine the referee spoke to him and said corner and that's what he corrected it to.

If he was giving a corner straight away you simply point at the corner and as I think Daveo said, if it was a dive you would point the other way after flagging, but again, we couldn't see the end of the play. Either way, he was giving a foul of some type, just don't know which one.

Maddeley actually had a half decent game for once.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Didn't see it as a dive tbh. There was contact after Thorne got the ball. No foul, no dive. Ref got it 100% right.

Disagree... I can't recall such a 'look at me I've been shot' dive for quite a while. There was contact after he got the ball but he made such a meal out of it it has to be a booking for diving imo.

8 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

A couple of you have said the same thing so you must be spot on. I fully agree the centre half shouldn't be trying to fool around with it, hoof it, get set and go again.

I must admit I didn't count how long he dallied, just noticed knockaert closing him down.

Keogh certainly wasn't ready to be closed down but I think he had quite a few seconds to react that unsporting behaviour. Poor play from both of them, different reasons obviously. I'd say he had seconds to clear it 'cause it felt like eternity.

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Disagree... I can't recall such a 'look at me I've been shot' dive for quite a while. There was contact after he got the ball but he made such a meal out of it it has to be a booking for diving imo.

Think you've got black and white glasses on tbh :)

12 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I did have a bit of sympathy for them. They threw it back to Keogh who then wasted time in the corner. They had to pressure him at some stage and that's when he had to kick it out for a throw-in. They were playing for promotion and were one-nil down. How long do you leave a man unchallenged in those circumstances?

I wouldn't have thrown it back to them in the first place. Bryson didn't have to kick it out, he chose to. 

Brighton were under no obligation to give it back. That moral responsibility would only have been valid imo if Derby had kicked it out to allow a Brighton player treatment. 

20 hours ago, rammieib said:

Right and wrong. If it's a penalty you wave a few times and then put the flag across your chest. We couldn't see the end of the play with the camera but I imagine the referee spoke to him and said corner and that's what he corrected it to.

If he was giving a corner straight away you simply point at the corner and as I think Daveo said, if it was a dive you would point the other way after flagging, but again, we couldn't see the end of the play. Either way, he was giving a foul of some type, just don't know which one.

Maddeley actually had a half decent game for once.

FIFA's 'laws of the game' were updated about a year ago and the sign convention changed - assistant referees shouldn't put their flag across their chest anymore for a penalty and just wave for a foul in the normal way, though you sometimes still see it. He actually waved for the penalty, which the ref rightly overruled. 

Archived