Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burton apparently want Ward. I'd absolutely love him back tbh, we haven't replaced him since he left. One of the underrated players in the McClaren team as he never gave the opposition defenders a moments peace. He effectively did Martin's running too which allowed Martin to focus on his own game.

Great as it is to get players like Wilson and Vydra  and seeing lots of "reports" of us being linked with this and that forward but don't see a lot about defence. I know goals win games but not conceding helps a bit too :) I'd be a little happier to see rumours of solid defenders (or a keeper) coming in. De Laet gone. Wisdom gone. Hart gone (ok he wasn't linked!).

Maybe I'm just being a boring old git. 

1 minute ago, BucksRam said:

Great as it is to get players like Wilson and Vydra  and seeing lots of "reports" of us being linked with this and that forward but don't see a lot about defence. I know goals win games but not conceding helps a bit too :) I'd be a little happier to see rumours of solid defenders (or a keeper) coming in. De Laet gone. Wisdom gone. Hart gone (ok he wasn't linked!).

Maybe I'm just being a boring old git. 

Surely our defence and keeper are already good enough? We had our best defensive record in years last season and despite our poor start this season, we've still conceded the least goals of any team in the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Surely our defence and keeper are already good enough? We had our best defensive record in years last season and despite our poor start this season, we've still conceded the least goals of any team in the Championship. 

Which shows that if we could start scoring we would be in a good position.

Owen Bradley on Twitter doesn't reply to anyone asking about Derby incomings but does to burton fans? Does he know something and can't reply

6 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Owen Bradley on Twitter doesn't reply to anyone asking about Derby incomings but does to burton fans? Does he know something and can't reply

Or maybe he's ignoring them so they don't abuse him when he replies with an answer they don't like

18 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I agree, you make a fair point and we have improved a lot but it's about having that edge. We still have too many defensive cock-ups (lapses in concentration etc) resulting in scrambled clearances, or concede late goals in my opinion. Just an observation....

Archived