what is channel 5 problem

B4ev6is

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

What is channel 5 probleam with derby they never give us any good comments does not seem to matter we are playing great football again. Even when we beat chalton they talked about them and even when they did nrothing but slag us off and same thing for bolton game

At pp. It is really starting to piss me off. I dont know what derby got to do to be on more than 2 secounds flat.

:angry: 

It might sadly having something to do with the fact we are not amoungst the top three chasing an automatic place.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Bet you were nice and snug with your tartan blanket and matching flask in the West Stand mate?

is this cluedo ?

cut to the chase and ask is it upper or lower, and which block

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Behind Chairman Mel whispering in his ear all the time "I'd bring Razza on right now, it's the right thing to do...."

As if.

when razza finally gets on, Del would shout "this!" In his tab ole.

20 hours ago, Diag Ram said:

I think B4 makes a fair point.

There are a large number of pundits that appear to be very anti Derby and are very reluctant to give credit. That George bloke on Channel 5 despises us, not sure if he's a Forest fan or something but rarely talks about us favorably, doesn't lead the conversation on to us when the pundits are talking, and after we sacked PC was banging on about with Tweets about "oh look, I found the Derby Way" with a picture of a road sign. 

It possibly boils down to simple perception. When you think of areas of the country, you think of teams, you think of their rivals. In many cases, there is a large rival and a small rival, and you often revere the large club and pity the small one.

In our case, Derby and Forest are of comparable size, you could argue both big clubs, but more likely both smaller clubs that were briefly successful once. As Forest were more successful in that time, they are perceived by the lazy football fan to be the "big club" in this rivalry, and we are the "small, bitter, scummy club" and therefore in being more successful we are upsetting the status quo. We're the small club, we're not supposed to be successful. Likewise, we're not small enough (eg Bournemouth, Wigan) to be an underdog, so no-one roots for us. 

Of course, all that is total rubbish, but as we're not a top 6 PL club, the wider football community isn't interested in the facts, they just have their own perceptions that they can't be bothered to check. 

I think you're reading far too much into it.

I doubt the presenters and pundits given a second thought about Derby in the same way they wouldn't give a second thought about the vast majority of teams they have no connection with. 

What do you think of other clubs and why? Do you care about them all? Are your perceptions of them well thought out and reasoned? 

The C5 coverage is no different, better or worse from the BBC1 coverage. At least they saw sense and got rid of all the fans clogging up the studio. Certain folk just want 59 minutes of Derby and 1 minute of every other game, and for everyone to blow smoke up our backsides. We get our fair share of coverage.

I tend to have it on record, then whizz through it on Sunday if I can be bothered.

On 4/27/2016 at 10:31, B4ev6is said:

At least bbc used to share main games about 

No they didn't.  Like Channel 5, the main games are those covered by Sky at lunch/tea time.  The only difference is, Sky appear to have favoured a more or less the same teams this year (us, Leeds, Boro, Brighton etc.)  I also seem to remember people moaning at how we were always the last game to be shown on the BBC...

11 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

No they didn't.  Like Channel 5, the main games are those covered by Sky at lunch/tea time.  The only difference is, Sky appear to have favoured a more or less the same teams this year (us, Leeds, Boro, Brighton etc.)  I also seem to remember people moaning at how we were always the last game to be shown on the BBC...

In fairness, MOTD's analysis, especially of newly promoted teams seems to have been far more fairly distributed since we were last in the prem.

Plus, the last time we were in the prem, what was there for them to say? Every goal conceded was terrible defending, we didn't ever do anything particularly well, if we came close to getting a result or heaven forbid got one, it was entirely down the amount we ran, basically. 

As Carragher put it in his article on Villa, Derby were a team of 30 something championship players. The players tried, but there was no analysis necessary on why we were constantly losing.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

In fairness, MOTD's analysis, especially of newly promoted teams seems to have been far more fairly distributed since we were last in the prem.

Plus, the last time we were in the prem, what was there for them to say? Every goal conceded was terrible defending, we didn't ever do anything particularly well, if we came close to getting a result or heaven forbid got one, it was entirely down the amount we ran, basically. 

As Carragher put it in his article on Villa, Derby were a team of 30 something championship players. The players tried, but there was no analysis necessary on why we were constantly losing.

BBC had the rights to the football league last couple of seasons ;)

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I was actually on about The Football League Show, people moaned about us not being the centre of attention on there as well.  Manniche & Claridge never gave us any credit, even when we were tearing up the league...

As for MOTD the last time we went up, I spent the majority of it, cowering behind the sofa every week.  The stuff of nightmares...

Just now, ramsbottom said:

I was actually on about The Football League Show, people moaned about us not being the centre of attention on there as well.  Manniche & Claridge never gave us any credit, even when we were tearing up the league...

As for MOTD the last time we went up, I spent the majority of it, cowering behind the sofa every week.  The stuff of nightmares...

Haha, I do remember the FLS

Anytime we did anything good the verbal analysis consisted of "this is what you expect from Derby". Which is complimentary, but also transparent and lacking of any real insight.

Archived