what is channel 5 problem

B4ev6is

I'm not a fan of the C5 show, purely because they have so little time to talk about anything - and when they do talk it always seems to be vapid - I much prefer to watch all the highlights of the football league in my own time on the SkySports website.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

What is channel 5 probleam with derby they never give us any good comments does not seem to matter we are playing great football again. Even when we beat chalton they talked about them and even when they did nrothing but slag us off and same thing for bolton game

At pp. It is really starting to piss me off. I dont know what derby got to do to be on more than 2 secounds flat.

:angry: 

Surprised that a man of your standing watches such crap anyway, if you had tuned in to 'Yesterday' [Freeview Channel 19] you could have watched The Old Grey Whistle Test - 70's Gold or you could have watched 'Not Going Out' courtesy of Dave [Freeview Channel 12].

Then again you could have switched the TV off and availed yourself of an early night in bed.  ;)

The one thing that any pundit  tends to mention is how much Derby have spent. If we win its because we've spent big so we should, if we lose its 'they should win 'cos of all the money they've spent'. If we draw they say say the same. They focus on that more than anything else regardless of performance. It's irritated me all season,even opposition manager interviews after games say it.

Just now, dcfc the 1 4me said:

The one thing that any pundit  tends to mention is how much Derby have spent. If we win its because we've spent big so we should, if we lose its 'they should win 'cos of all the money they've spent'. If we draw they say say the same. They focus on that more than anything else regardless of performance. It's irritated me all season,even opposition manager interviews after games say it.

Yep. it's all we're known for. They just forget how much Burnley spent, how much Boro spent etc, and they didn't have the injuries to 2 of their best players to replace.

I think B4 makes a fair point.

There are a large number of pundits that appear to be very anti Derby and are very reluctant to give credit. That George bloke on Channel 5 despises us, not sure if he's a Forest fan or something but rarely talks about us favorably, doesn't lead the conversation on to us when the pundits are talking, and after we sacked PC was banging on about with Tweets about "oh look, I found the Derby Way" with a picture of a road sign. 

It possibly boils down to simple perception. When you think of areas of the country, you think of teams, you think of their rivals. In many cases, there is a large rival and a small rival, and you often revere the large club and pity the small one.

In our case, Derby and Forest are of comparable size, you could argue both big clubs, but more likely both smaller clubs that were briefly successful once. As Forest were more successful in that time, they are perceived by the lazy football fan to be the "big club" in this rivalry, and we are the "small, bitter, scummy club" and therefore in being more successful we are upsetting the status quo. We're the small club, we're not supposed to be successful. Likewise, we're not small enough (eg Bournemouth, Wigan) to be an underdog, so no-one roots for us. 

Of course, all that is total rubbish, but as we're not a top 6 PL club, the wider football community isn't interested in the facts, they just have their own perceptions that they can't be bothered to check. 

55 minutes ago, Boycie said:

How was your view of the game from the North Stand Del?

Never been in that stand so no comment. 

52 minutes ago, rynny said:

He is an Eastander, down near the away fans. Block J at a guess.

stadiumplanlarge129-2747173.jpg

No I'm not an east stander LOL. :lol:

Sith Happens

If we do happen to be on MOTD next season, it will be the same, if man utd beat us it will be all about them beating us, if we beat them it will be all about how they lost.

4 hours ago, igorlegend said:

the fact haters will be after you now. Once you are eliminated they can continue their fantasy life....just you stands between them and a life of fantasy.

I love how bbc (state broadcaster) is viewed as fine. Indoctrination began young as never used to be a choice of channels. Sky were rubbished initially, yet showed a start up company could out shine bbc for Sports coverage.

Don't get the BBC bashing. Infinitely more balanced than Sky or the printed press.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Don't get the BBC bashing. Infinitely more balanced than Sky or the printed press.

Apart from when Newcastle play if shearer is on

Archived