what is channel 5 problem

B4ev6is

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it was BBC and Sky that hated us? lol

None of them care. 

Apart from the Mirror newspaper. That does seem to find time to write about us. Negative lies quite often. Bit of a long grudge?

But yeah, none of them care either way about Derby. It's a large out the way town who don't really do anything newsworthy and don't divide opinion up until recently with the money we've spent. 

I was more disappointed with Sky to be honest. They spent ages waxing lyrical over Wednesday and sucking up to their manager in away that was toe curlingly embarrassing. 

I presume their ex-player was angling for a coaching job with them :-)

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Thought it was BBC and Sky that hated us? lol

None of them care. 

Apart from the Mirror newspaper. That does seem to find time to write about us. Negative lies quite often. Bit of a long grudge?

But yeah, none of them care either way about Derby. It's a large out the way town who don't really do anything newsworthy and don't divide opinion up until recently with the money we've spent. 

That used to be a Mark Lawrenson thing, and went back to the days when Cap'n Bob sold Deano from Oxford, and coincidentally a totally different Cap'n Bob bought Deano for Derby. Lawrenson was manager at Oxford at the time, and resigned over the matter.

I think Lawrenson wrote a weekly article in a national newspaper (probably not the Mirror though, because another totally different Cap'n Bob owned that too).

Ok, just watched back. Don Goodman gave us plenty of credit during the game.

There was no analysis for either side directly after the game and no mic muting at all. 

Highlights started on 25mins 30 seconds and finished on 31 minutes 37 seconds (total 6 minutes and 7 seconds)

33 minutes 23 seconds they started the analysis after the Cardiff game and started with them showing their goal, they then went on to show Bannan's goal and Chris Powell saying game of real quality, quick mention that our play off place was secured and looked at Sheff Wed and Cardiffs remaining fixtures. Finished on 34 minutes 57 seconds. A total of 1 minute 34 seconds before moving on to Hull.

Preston v Burnley started 2 minutes 12 seconds, finished 5 minutes 5 seconds (total 3 minutes 7 seconds) 

Boro v Ipswich started 5 minutes 14 seconds, finished 6 minutes 25 seconds (total 1 minute 11 seconds)

Can't believe I've just done that. Hope it helps the paranoia.

13 minutes ago, David said:

There was no analysis for either side directly after the game and no mic muting at all. 

Highlights started on 25mins 30 seconds and finished on 31 minutes 37 seconds (total 6 minutes and 7 seconds)

33 minutes 23 seconds they started the analysis after the Cardiff game and started with them showing their goal, they then went on to show Bannan's goal and Chris Powell saying game of real quality, quick mention that our play off place was secured and looked at Sheff Wed and Cardiffs remaining fixtures. Finished on 34 minutes 57 seconds. A total of 1 minute 34 seconds before moving on to Hull.

Preston v Burnley started 2 minutes 12 seconds, finished 5 minutes 5 seconds (total 3 minutes 7 seconds) 

Boro v Ipswich started 5 minutes 14 seconds, finished 6 minutes 25 seconds (total 1 minute 11 seconds)

the fact haters will be after you now. Once you are eliminated they can continue their fantasy life....just you stands between them and a life of fantasy.

I love how bbc (state broadcaster) is viewed as fine. Indoctrination began young as never used to be a choice of channels. Sky were rubbished initially, yet showed a start up company could out shine bbc for Sports coverage.

30 minutes ago, David said:

When's your breakfast meeting with the head of channel 5?

Archived