Connor Sammon > Nick Blackman

Harry_Forsyth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

Connor Sammon was given multiple opportunities, started most games, and showed himself to be inadequate. 

Nick Blackman has not. 

You're right. He has to play a bit more before he can convince some people he's truly inadequate. Only then can you say told you so

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Wasn't even the easiest chance of the match.

Thread for Bryson?

Bryson shot would have been blocked by the defender if he hit it any further to the keepers right hand. He aimed to go for that side but had a defender pretty much directly in front of him.

his first half shot was superbly saved.

and he has achieved loads for us both in the past and in this game.

8 hours ago, Harry_Forsyth said:

No words today, lack of match focus or not, just terrible 

I said it all long since he's signed for us. SELL HIM ASAP 

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

Bryson shot would have been blocked by the defender if he hit it any further to the keepers right hand. He aimed to go for that side but had a defender pretty much directly in front of him.

his first half shot was superbly saved.

and he has achieved loads for us both in the past and in this game.

I wasn't saying we should all have a go at Bryson.

I was pointing out that Blackman wasn't the only one to miss easy chances today. Anyone can do it.

If we can accept a good in form player to do it then we can accept a player who's barely played, is low on confidence and playing with fear to do it. 

He missed a chance. There's no need to pounce on him. And I never wanted us to sign him. I moaned about it when we were linked. 

But the guy hasn't done that much wrong. He's been poor in a time that plenty of others were just as poor. He missed chances where others have missed chances. 

No big deal

42 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

One of the worst signings the club has ever made, up there with Lars Bohinen, Mikkel Beck, Grenet etc etc.

Whatever the 'recruitment team' we're doing when we signed Blackman and Camara, it must have been seriously strong acid. 

They were the PE Teacher's signings weren't they? Think it's called giving someone enough rope to hang themselves with. Shame we didn't realise that he was already kicking away the chair when they were signing.

40 minutes ago, valleyram said:

I said when he signed he wasn't very good and was ridiculed on here , he's never derby county class , sell him in the summer and move on 

Who the hell will buy him and why would he agree to go when absolutely no one else will be daft enough to give him the salary he's on now?

5 hours ago, Anon said:

It isn't Blackman's fault that Reading stitched us up. Thankfully the person responsible for the signing has been deservedly sacked. We paid several million on the basis that a 26 year old striker had the first and only goalscoring purple patch of his career at the start of this season. It was, is, and will remain a mind boggling purchase.

Reading certainly got the better of that deal.. 1.5m? for a player with 6 months left on his contract... I don't think we can be heavily critical of Blackman though, he's not been given any game time in weeks. 

And where have they stuck Camara this time, on the bench V Charlton and not seen since, I don't think he even came on in that game so what did he do wrong whilst on the bench?, did he squirt Ipro juice in his pants again? and MM took offence to it...

Watched him miss, felt embarrassed. Read some posts on this thread, felt embarrassed.

**** happens, if he's good enough he will prove his worth, this team now creates plenty of chances again. There were games around the time when when Blackman was signed when there was barely a chance created, the answer then was ridicule Martin and look for another option.

Now Martin is scoring and creating because we are getting him involved. Look at Bent, first touch goal. Up to Blackman to get in the right positions and make it happen. If he's good enough he'll score goals in this team, playing how we are now.

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

If Blackman is that bad as some of the folks here make out then why are they not directing their vitriol at the person who thought he was worth paying millions of pounds for a player with a matter of months left on their contract.  

because hes no longer at the club.

10 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I said it all long since he's signed for us. SELL HIM ASAP 

Bet you said the same when Martin was on loan here or Butterfield before he regularly got to play. Can't call a player bad when he hasn't been given a chance. 

Archived