Connor Sammon > Nick Blackman

Harry_Forsyth

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Its harsh to right him off from this. But surely, strikers instinct is to hit that first time into the far corner? He hits it first time and keeps it on target there, hes scoring 9/10.

Yet to see anything from him to impress me, hope he turns it around.

I dont think his touch was intentional. Think the ball caught him off guard. He's clearly making some sort of effort to swing his leg at it, just before it hits him.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'll defend him has being rusty, I will not accept people's damning criticism of him at this stage frankly.

Having said that, "whatever you do it's not going to be right" is a difficult statement to throw into this discussion as even as a defender of him, he's done nothing for us that's even worthy of holding a debate as to whether it was right. 

Was a slight throwaway comment to be fair but what I meant is that if he scores that I don't think threads pop up praising him, but he misses it and a thread pops up like this.

He might not be much good but it's hard to blame him.

59 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

and frustratingly Bent was perfectly placed to head it on target

I'm really surprised more isn't being made of this haha, the commentators especially just ignored it.. and you're right, Bent was right in line before Martin got his head on it.

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

thanks for posting what you and I saw. Very correct, but as Mel liked player I best say no more.

So what he played poor today? Doesn't mean I never want him to play and he is a poor player. 

47 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I dont think his touch was intentional. Think the ball caught him off guard. He's clearly making some sort of effort to swing his leg at it, just before it hits him.

Yea I think he was expecting Bent (?) to just head it in, which tbf I was as well

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wasn't even the easiest chance of the match.

Thread for Bryson?

I'd argue it almost wasn't a chance for Blackman, given the manner in which it came at him.  Bryson did okay with his effort, just could find the corner.  

I feel sorry for him, he's not suited to the way we play and wont ever be either, he's not going to be able to adapt like Ince did imo. It makes it more baffling why we signed him when they knew they were getting rid of Clement, and same goes for Camara as well, two players that would do a job in most teams in this league and yet they've ended up at the one club that just doesn't fit. Some god awful decision making this season with some of our signings, Weimann being another baffling one. 

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You don't don't think Hughes played well then? I think he played very well irrespective of your criticism. He's the best player we have.

I'd say an inform Thorne is better than inform Hughes. Thorne can dominate a whole midfield on his own when he is on it. Shame we haven't really seen that since 13/14. Also say an inform Ince is better than inform Hughes because Ince is a match winner but it is hard to tell who is truly our best player because they have different roles. How lucky are we to have all 3 in our team though? Who knows all 3 may be England regulars in the next few years.

51 minutes ago, Srg said:

So what he played poor today? Doesn't mean I never want him to play and he is a poor player. 

he mostly plays poor when in midfield. And is behind the three who played today, and behind Thorne Johnson and Hendrick.

so I hope he doesn't play again this season as that will mean a fair few of our better midfielders are injured. Sorry to not be biased towards home grown players. Ever since Jason Kavanagh, Kris slewenhok were touted as good players I judge whether they are better than what we have already. Huddlestone and Hughes and Barnes were all instantly first team players due to their ability.

12 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You don't don't think Hughes played well then? I think he played very well irrespective of your criticism. He's the best player we have.

Hughes was superb. Obviously was tiring but was not massively noticeable. He was frustrated a few passes were not made to him by Butterfield in the second half when will moved more forwards.

Thorne, Bryson and Will is our first choice midfield. I can see Bradley if fit playing the away semi final....and Will the home leg. Harsh on Butterfield, but we need beat players on the pitch and Will proves he could last 75minutes quite comfortably.

Johnny Russell must miss a higher proportion of chances per minutes played then Blackman yet I don't see any threads about him on here. At the time I was glad when he got taken out when clean thorough in the play off final as I knew inevitably he would have missed.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'd say an inform Thorne is better than inform Hughes. Thorne can dominate a whole midfield on his own when he is on it. Shame we haven't really seen that since 13/14. Also say an inform Ince is better than inform Hughes because Ince is a match winner but it is hard to tell who is truly our best player because they have different roles. How lucky are we to have all 3 in our team though? Who knows all 3 may be England regulars in the next few years.

All good players. I would say Hughes is the most likely to play for England. There's no one like him. He's a Prem standard player and we're lucky to have him. 

It isn't Blackman's fault that Reading stitched us up. Thankfully the person responsible for the signing has been deservedly sacked. We paid several million on the basis that a 26 year old striker had the first and only goalscoring purple patch of his career at the start of this season. It was, is, and will remain a mind boggling purchase.

39 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

In my quote I don't criticise. It was meant as a tongue in cheek joke. 

Archived