Connor Sammon > Nick Blackman

Harry_Forsyth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scapegoat of the week is sorted then.

I'm not going to pretend I wasn't upset with his touch, but the lad has hardly played and clearly wasn't expecting it to get past Bent.

Should have done far better, far better. But we should save the lynching of him until after he's finished with us imo

Reckon he'll be gone in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Scapegoat of the week is sorted then.

I'm not going to pretend I wasn't upset with his touch, but the lad has hardly played and clearly wasn't expecting it to get past Bent.

Should have done far better, far better. But we should save the lynching of him until after he's finished with us imo

Reckon he'll be gone in the summer. 

was watching the game on Sky and they stated that the deciding factor in him coming to Derby was the chance to work with Paul Clement, so he must be completely hacked off.

hes not the scapegoat for us not winning the game, but it was a bizarre moment for him.

2 April - 10 minutes against Cardiff 

12 March - 14 minutes against Rotherham 

8 March - 11 minutes against QPR

5 March - last start

So...prior to today's 13 (from memory) or so minutes, the bloke's been on the pitch for 35 minutes in 46 days. He's not practiced at it either (unlike Bent).

There's precisely the reason why his reactions are slow atm. As someone has already said, it was a bad move for Blackman.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

was watching the game on Sky and they stated that the deciding factor in him coming to Derby was the chance to work with Paul Clement, so he must be completely hacked off.

hes not the scapegoat for us not winning the game, but it was a bizarre moment for him.

Dont think he was expecting it (which is his fault), so his swing was mis-timed; made it go from an attempted shot to an awkward touch that took it behind him. Then I guess he was hoping the keeper wasn't coming out.

Generally poor play, but it happens.

As you say, he can't be all that happy here at the moment. The coach he came for has been sacked, he's not getting any game time (not that he deserves any).

13 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Can't understand why we signed him.

Cover for Martin?

Remember when so many wanted to burn him at the stake?

That said, I agree. It seemed to me an odd move for a side targeting promotion to pay £2m for a Championship player. At 26, he'd found his mark. Smacked of panic buying...or money burning a hole in someone's pockets.

He's not been good but don't really think he's been bad enough to get angry over. 

Sammon had time to settle. He had a run in the team when the team was playing well. He was utter crap.

Blackman has been a victim of circumstance as well as playing poorly. 

42 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Not bothered how many games he's played, it was hilarious. 

I see Hughes missed 8 months but is still pure class. 

And Bent can still do it when it matters too.

Yeah that back heel to bannan to score was pure class 

On today's evidence, hard to justify why Weimann or Camara shouldn't be getting the nod late on in games now. Or Zanzala, or Calero, or... Pretty much anyone nominally an attacker at the club.

Feel a bit bad for writing him off, but we have 5 games to get the perfect recipe, and that was really his chance.

PistoldPete2

Was just thinking its about time one of our forgotten strikers came off the bench and did something. bent weimann and Blackman must be getting splinters in their bums with all the bench warming they've been doing. bent did the biz today , shame Blackman couldn't do the same . He looked short of confidence , but maybe his time will come. if he'd scored today it would have been no more than the Rams deserved , we had so many chances. 

Archived