Connor Sammon > Nick Blackman

Harry_Forsyth

29 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No need for all this at this stage of the season. If you are not for us you are against us. Game on. I'm a supporter at this stage of the season not a critic. 

This. 

Hanson, for example, did worse than him today. Don't see threads on that.... Because there's no need. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it wasn't really mentioned on Sky but after the cross came in, a Derby player in the middle got a touch on the ball which meant Blackman was about 5 yards offside.. I honestly think he knew this and that's why he stopped - expecting the flag to go up, but the linesman missed the flick by our player. 

Edit - video of Martin's flick

32 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No need for all this at this stage of the season. If you are not for us you are against us. Game on. I'm a supporter at this stage of the season not a critic. 

people are commenting on what they observed and correctly predicting he will leave in summer and very unlikely to play for us again.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

This. 

Hanson, for example, did worse than him today. Don't see threads on that.... Because there's no need. 

thanks for posting what you and I saw. Very correct, but as Mel liked player I best say no more.

6 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

just watched a video of it again and it was Martin who made the flick on the edge of our box - clear as day.

and frustratingly Bent was perfectly placed to head it on target

I can't see how he can keep getting in ahead of camara. He offers us nothing really and he was definitely a panic buy. Connor probably would have either missed the ball completely or shinned it in for us to won the game. 

As far as blackman is concerned he is not in anyway a replacement for Martin just a waste of a space on the bench. Imo.

Bent gets his chance and scores. Blackman gets an even easier chance a royally messes up says enough really. 

Ridiculous. He made 1 mistake. He along with Russell and Bryson spurned great opportunities to score. Why are we only suggesting one of them is worse than Sammon? 

He might not be what we needed but the fact we signed him ISNT his fault! He doesn't deserve this sort of criticism. Literally some would rather we lost today to give them something to moan about! 

Yeah, bit of a stupid comparison. Blackman dominated the Championship earlier this season whereas Sammon's only pedigree is one half-decent season in Scotland. 

He deserves a shot against Ipswich, at the very least I want to see if he does anything over 90 minutes. 

I think he needs 90 mins under his belt

As bent shown today we might need our options off the bench. Might as well try to give blackman a go. If ince or russell go off in the playoffs he's an option and id rather try him for a full 90 in the league first

I think he just needs a goal and some confidence he has some quality just lacking a run of games to find some constance

he certainly isnt worse than sammon... Sammon is on a par with nathan tyson & mikkel beck   

If he had as much game time as Olsson has been getting with no proper competition. I am in no doubt he would be as good. Just also to say, Olsson was a mountain today, great at every part of the the game. Showing why we signed him, as opposed to the shower of a defender I saw against Wolves, QPR and Rotherham.

Just now, nottingram said:

He must be wondering what on Earth he's done joining us. Very difficult to motivate yourself when you know that whatever you do it's not going to be right 

I'll defend him has being rusty, I will not accept people's damning criticism of him at this stage frankly.

Having said that, "whatever you do it's not going to be right" is a difficult statement to throw into this discussion as even as a defender of him, he's done nothing for us that's even worthy of holding a debate as to whether it was right. 

Its harsh to right him off from this. But surely, strikers instinct is to hit that first time into the far corner? He hits it first time and keeps it on target there, hes scoring 9/10.

Yet to see anything from him to impress me, hope he turns it around.

Clement specifically asked for him because he remembered him from the brief spell he had as coach

at Blackburn. Which is why Blackman did the last minute  change  of mind and finished up in Limboland.   If Clement does get  the   Swansea job perhaps he will send for him again. We are not in a position to judge

Archived