Gary Neville is available

toddy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Valencia appointment was crazy stuff. Doomed to failure from the off. He needs to learn the job and work his way up. The ability to draw groovy lines on a computer screen and explain tactics to the sky-watching public does not a manager make and it's debatable whether it's even evidence of a so called "football brain". Maybe in 3 or 4 years depending. We need someone with some kind of track record. Ian Holloway anyone? Seriously, well kind of.

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 10:48, Shuff264 said:

A far worse appointment could be made, and Valencia was like a baptism of fire. Team in a tough position, in a country he didnt speak the language of and fans that didnt want him there.

Bit like Derby then...

I hope he goes back to telly. By far best (English-speakin) pundit in recent years as he sometimes actually talks about something meaningful.

It's a shame Petri Pasanen doesn't do pundit in English (or at least hasn't done yet). Easily the best ever, his tactical analysis makes every other **** talking ex-pro look so lost.

4 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Chris Coleman could be an interestin appointment , out of contract after euros , done a wonderful job with wales , plays good football

Only if Uncle Mel also signs Gareth, I fear.

Do it now and I will renew my season ticket.

• 5 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37341354

"The FA invested in me for four years. I'm the most experienced I've ever been yet you get chucked overboard,"

"I've been to eight tournaments as a player, three as a coach, I'm probably the only English coach that's managed in La Liga at a top four club in the last 15 to 20 years, even if it's only for four months."

Utterly delusional. To stick with his seafaring analogy, I'd suggest that the reason he's been chucked overboard is because he nearly sank the bloody ship. A very expensive and prestigious ship that normal midshipmen who don't have friends in the admiralty wouldn't even get to set foot on.

Archived