Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Because any Derby/Forest argument really isn't complete until both sets of fans have got the spreadsheets out and start talking about debt

Get your spreadsheets out, get your spreadsheets out :)

Derby and Forest the return spreadsheet match at the Ipro..

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing Spurs' result against Man U yesterday it got me thinking: Just how much are ALL non Spurs fans going to hate them if they end up overtaking Leicester now.

Worth them letting Leicester win it now if only to ensure decent PR from the inevitable film.

I won't hate them - Leicester fans were waving 'Champions' scarves last night. A collapse at this point would be more hilarious than anything else. Would also be funny to see Spurs beating Arsenal to the title and it would infuriate Arsenal fans even further when Wenger stays on and buys three players from the French third division.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

After seeing Spurs' result against Man U yesterday it got me thinking: Just how much are ALL non Spurs fans going to hate them if they end up overtaking Leicester now.

Worth them letting Leicester win it now if only to ensure decent PR from the inevitable film.

I kinda want Spurs to win. I don't have anything against Leic, and I know it would be an amazing story and all, but I'm just a really big fan of Spurs' players, manager etc.

I picked them as the team I wanted to see win the league at the start of the season and I don't really want to change that because an ending more story-book has reared its head.

Leicester will probably win though, and good for them, good for football. 

It's great that Leicester look like breaking the 'big four' monopoly of the Premier League. They're one of those clubs for which I feel a complete indifference towards so them winning the league or getting relegated - it makes no odds to me.

However, the drop in standard of the PL compared even to 3 or 4 years ago is incredible so unless things start improving, any promoted side should feel optimistic about staying up. Of the 3 promoted sides from last season only Norwich look in danger of a swift return to the Championship and if they can turn over Sunderland next weekend then they to are probably safe.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It's great that Leicester look like breaking the 'big four' monopoly of the Premier League. They're one of those clubs for which I feel a complete indifference towards so them winning the league or getting relegated - it makes no odds to me.

However, the drop in standard of the PL compared even to 3 or 4 years ago is incredible so unless things start improving, any promoted side should feel optimistic about staying up. Of the 3 promoted sides from last season only Norwich look in danger of a swift return to the Championship and if they can turn over Sunderland next weekend then they to are probably safe.

Often overlooked because of Leicester's story, but Spurs are also in the process of doing that, West Ham also have an outside chance of adding to it. 

We need Leicester and Spurs to have decent transfer windows with the new draw of the CL that they have, personally if I was a top player I could have my head turned by both of them right now, with the way they play. I'd not have been interested in he "big 4" for the last few seasons.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Often overlooked because of Leicester's story, but Spurs are also in the process of doing that, West Ham also have an outside chance of adding to it. 

We need Leicester and Spurs to have decent transfer windows with the new draw of the CL that they have, personally if I was a top player I could have my head turned by both of them right now, with the way they play. I'd not have been interested in he "big 4" for the last few seasons.

I still think they will get relegated next year.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

I still think they will get relegated next year.

Who? Leicester?

I mean anything's possible, but I can't imagine a world where they don't strengthen quite heavily. And to their strengths.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Who? Leicester?

I mean anything's possible, but I can't imagine a world where they don't strengthen quite heavily. And to their strengths.

Yes Leicester, they will strengthen but look at teams that have got into the top 4 without any other competitions and how they have performed the following season, even some of the bigger teams, like Liverpool and Man Utd recently, and they have struggled in the league.

Just now, rynny said:

Yes Leicester, they will strengthen but look at teams that have got into the top 4 without any other competitions and how they have performed the following season, even some of the bigger teams, like Liverpool and Man Utd recently, and they have struggled in the league.

I'm not saying they'll challenge again, I just find it very unlikely they get relegated.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not saying they'll challenge again, I just find it very unlikely they get relegated.

I know, just think they will struggle to get going in the league next year, bit like Chelsea this but will not be able to turn it around. Just my thoughts :)

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 22:20, Ramshankered said:

Did I ever mention I was born in Leicester?

did I mention that not only was I born in Leicester but I lived bang centre of it, I lived overlooking the town hall, those chimes every hour did my box in. (no tramp jokes please)

still hope vardy and mahrez both catch an STD and the balls swell to the size of a basketball for the last seven games, not bitter though :lol:

2 hours ago, LesterRam said:

did I mention that not only was I born in Leicester but I lived bang centre of it, I lived overlooking the town hall, those chimes every hour did my box in. (no tramp jokes please)

still hope vardy and mahrez both catch an STD and the balls swell to the size of a basketball for the last seven games, not bitter though :lol:

I see your Leicester upbringing and I raise you....

1) One Mother who graduated from Leicester uni

2) Spending first 2 years of my life in Shepshed.

3) The icing on the cake - my dad made me have Leicester as my subbuteo team. He got DCFC you see. Meanwhile if memory serves, my brother got the (least) famous team in red. 

19 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

I see your Leicester upbringing and I raise you....

1) One Mother who graduated from Leicester uni

2) Spending first 2 years of my life in Shepshed.

3) The icing on the cake - my dad made me have Leicester as my subbuteo team. He got DCFC you see. Meanwhile if memory serves, my brother got the (least) famous team in red. 

you poor *******, glad to see you made it through ok though

I was born and brought up in Sileby - between Loughborough and Leicester. In the factory where he worked my dad was the only Rams fan! Thank goodness he had the sense to remain so! Mind you, in those days ( late 40s, early 50s) the rivalry was just a bit of mickeytaking. We used to go to Filbert St if we fancied watching the visiting team.

33 minutes ago, archram said:

I was born and brought up in Sileby - between Loughborough and Leicester. In the factory where he worked my dad was the only Rams fan! Thank goodness he had the sense to remain so! Mind you, in those days ( late 40s, early 50s) the rivalry was just a bit of mickeytaking. We used to go to Filbert St if we fancied watching the visiting team.

it still is, I don't know a single Leicester fan that hates Derby, it's all about pisstaking

Archived