Scores on the doors

i-Ram

There is much on this forum about the management and direction of the club, but much of it is wordy and open to interpretation and nuance. Let's cut to the chase, and keep it brief. Like we do our players each week, let's give Mel a score out of 10 based on performance since takeover.  I think a 6 for me, but perhaps generous? What do you guys think?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

3, much like the mobile network of the same name promises the earth but reception and delivery are decidedly patchy.

Get yourself a home signal box from Three, it's free and plugs into your router to give you maximum signal, great things. Helps battery life as well.

The club talks about the dangers of instability, and then they throw it at us in bucket loads.

5/10. It's only that high because we remain within FFP and the top 6. But Mel has spent millions, and in most areas we've gone backwards in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Get yourself a home signal box from Three, it's free and plugs into your router to give you maximum signal, great things. Helps battery life as well.

As a member+, should I be seeing adverts on the forum?

4/10.

As I've said before, the vision is a commendable one but for me, I just question if it's truly something Mel can actualise.

I compare it to being on the football pitch. You're a midfielder and you receive the ball in the centre circle. You might have the vision to see the defence-splitting pass, but do you have the skill and composure to execute it?

His head says no, his heart says maybe and his ego says go on sahn! Mel has the vision. But the execution thus far has been "heads up Row G!" not "chance...goal...must be!" He is struggling to make what proves to be a visibly competent decision due to this tug of war between his heart, his head and his ego. 

Twelve new signings, two managers, one football adviser, £25 million spent, eight months of football akin to a bag of Revels and it's shaping up to be the inspiration for the next Netflix original series "How To Win Friends (But Not Promotion) and Influence People Without Feeding Them Bacon"

The crazy thing is that there are still nine games to go and his stock could yet rapidly increase with a Hail Mary-style promotion. But for me, I'm looking to next season and hoping he comes back in the summer having learnt a few valuable lessons.

At the time Paul Clement was a great coup and he backed him like anyone would hope a chairman would back a manager.

After seeing that PC was not the right man for the job Mel was decisive and sacked him, which we mostly all agree was the correct decision. 

After appointing Wassall till the end of the season, which most people don't agree with, Mel has once again adapted and brought in an experienced football figure to help guide Wassall. 

The on-field situation is a bit out of his hands as that is down to the coaching and playing staff. However I think that Mel Morris tries to give the coaching and playing staff the best conditions to go out on to the pitch and play well, which is all you can ask of a Chairman.

Mel is still new to this and, although is plans are brilliant, it's naive of anyone to think that it's going to just be plain sailing.  However to Mel's credit we've already seen this season that he learns from his mistakes and isn't afraid to make a big decision.

Just looking at the ambition for the club, names now linked with the us and the plans for the training ground and acadamy, it's clearly still an exciting time to support the club.

Mel gets a 7 / 10 from me.

7 from me, decisive action after realizing a mistake had been made, DW in charge was the only

option (no replacement worth there salt can step in yet)

Rednapp is a bold move, and may pay off - we have nothing to lose at this stage - its worth a try.

Everything depends on the next major decision, this is the big one, and it can't be rushed!

4.5/10...

Like I say time and again... Less spin and rhetoric, more integrity and a tad more honesty please...

Not angry, but severely disappointed.... 

Dont buy this new to this rubbish either... He's invested in football before.... And been around boardrooms etc... Niave to think otherwise. 

I would say 5/10.

Should have been 7/10, but going into the dressing room is such a grave error of judgement in my opinion. We will never truly know it that created, compounded or continued the rot setting in for Paul Clement and there will always be the element of doubt which says maybe Clement would still be manager, and the team doing slightly better, if Mel had kept his nose out of footballing matters.

I also deduct points for allowing a seemingly scattergun approach to signing as many left footers as possible and not having the strength of conviction to tell the head coach to just get on with coaching, instead of recruiting so many uninspiring players.

There are still many positives.

You start with a perfect 10 then deduct for each faux pas as appropriate.

So we're about down to 2 now. I must confess that I deducted one for each sausage and rasher I didn't get.

Archived