Rams as Cars

RamLad1884

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Is it sad to know virtually every car on there?  As for nostalgia, it still nearly brings me to tears when I think of my dad trading our 1975 Triumph 2500 for a brand new 1979 Granada 2.0L...

no. not at all sad. At least I think not! :(

I miss seeing those cars on the road, and recently went to the British Motor Museum and almost got emotional seeing all the classics. I much prefer seeing an old cortina to one of the generic Jap/Korean crap cars that ruin my commute nowadays!

12 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Bradley Johnson is a very expensive Jag. One of the new ones. Doesn't drive nearly as well as its cheaper counterparts and loses half its value overnight. 

Overpriced and overrated... Oh and his satnav ain't all that either. 

:lol: You've driven the XE then?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Harry Redknap again........

SECOND HAND FORD TRANSIT 15 SEATER MINI BUS.

........not exactly a coach is it?

And blooming uncomfortable but if it gets you and your mates to the party are we really worried .. And we only rented it for the evening. 

Buxton

Reliant_Robin.jpg

Reliant Robin - Essentially does what other cars do, bit is little more than a cult classic.

Christie

screen-shot-2011-07-29-at-10-56-40-am.pn

Electric BMW - It's a BMW, but something's not quite right.

Shackell

Suzuki_WagonR%2B_front_20070831.jpg

Suzuki Wagon R - Bit boxy and stiff... reminds everyone of how great Postman Pat used to be, but then you see it in 2016 and you think 'what on earth is this crap?!'

Bryson

pn_9078.jpg

Peugeot 208 1.6 Blue HDi - Small and is the most economical car on the market with over 94mpg.

Martin

16.jpg

Pink Stretch Hummer - Sturdy and bulky, with added impracticality, low mpg, flamboyance and feminine turns.

15 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

After reading another thread (Big thanks to @B4ev6is for his Tractore reference) I got thinking....who in the current squad would be what car: make,model etc?

First that came to mind would be Bucko as a old banged up Ford KA: was picked up cheap a while back when money was tight and couldn't buy better, but surprisingly keep running for alot longer than we all expected. Now we've spent big on flashy cars we still have our little KA in case something goes wrong, but we mostly keep it out of pure sentiment to remind us of when we were the little spenders :ph34r:

Great thread Ram Lad. Has brought a smile to my face this morning and nice to have something a bit light hearted from all the forest build up :)

This had me thinking about cars my dad had.

Bucko would be his FordZephyr-big,solid,never let you down and nobody would mess with it.Not very quick though.

George would be his Jaguarxj6-total class but it had a serious mechanical failure once and was never quite the same.

Benty is like a Fiat 131 Mirafiori he bought once when he was pi**ed.It looked great and was quick but his feet went through the floor due to it getting increasingly rotten over time.

The upside down car/keogh one has left me incapable of performing any of life's basic tasks today?.

Archived