Rams as Cars

RamLad1884

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Shackell is a Toyota Landcruiser. Big and reliable, but a little slow and terrible at passing. It's actually the second time you've owned it because you never quite managed to replace it properly before. It can be a bit problematical though, so you'd never trust it with your wife. For some reason it's never a good idea to take to the West Midlands - it just doesn't like Walsall, or something like that.

Cornwall .. You are a man after my own heart .. You understand footballers AND cars .. Brilliant !

shackle .. As per Cornwallis description

Jonny Russell is a Honda with VVT .. great when it's revving its balls off but gutless below about 6,000 RPM

George Thorne .. Definitely an Alfa ( not Alpha chaps .. Alfa is is an achroym for Automobile Lombardese Fato in Arese = Lombarian autos made in Arese ) high tech, low price amazing when on song but .. Somewhat fragile not 100% reliable but joyful to see 

Keogh .. A bit mad .. Some sort of sooped up Focus .. Thoroughly sound in design but it's got a bad boy exhaust and folk not entirely qualified have messed with it. Sometimes it's hot stuff but can be catastrophic. Can hesitate if you put your foot down sometimes because there is a glitch in the dodgy performance chip.

Bradley Johnson .. Market traders used X5 BMW .. One day it's super cool and your best rough tough mate next day your finger count doesn't add up and you're not sure why. We thought we got an Imprezza 

Darren Bent .. 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo ... Nuff said 

Weiman .. Some sort of rally version of a skoda .. All the figures add up but somethings missing

Chris Martin ... A Merc .. Quality .. But sadly only with 4 cylinders even though he thinks he is an S class

Will Hughes .. 246 Dino Ferrari  fragile exquisite classical maybe missing a few BHP but who cares 

Tom Ince .. Nissan Skyline .. Lots of tech and great ability but automotive God ? Missing some soul I think

Hendrick and Bryson .. Golf GTI's ...effective all rounders but are they GTI or the budget one with the fancy wheels but the ordinary motor ? 

Bucko .. Land Rover defender in olive drab matt paint 

Cyrus .. Lotus .. Fast, interesting but fragile 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

Cornwall .. You are a man after my own heart .. You understand footballers AND cars .. Brilliant !

shackle .. As per Cornwallis description

Jonny Russell is a Honda with VVT .. great when it's revving its balls off but gutless below about 6,000 RPM

George Thorne .. Definitely an Alfa ( not Alpha chaps .. Alfa is is an achroym for Automobile Lombardese Fato in Arese = Lombarian autos made in Arese ) high tech, low price amazing when on song but .. Somewhat fragile not 100% reliable but joyful to see 

Keogh .. A bit mad .. Some sort of sooped up Focus .. Thoroughly sound in design but it's got a bad boy exhaust and folk not entirely qualified have messed with it. Sometimes it's hot stuff but can be catastrophic. Can hesitate if you put your foot down sometimes because there is a glitch in the dodgy performance chip.

Bradley Johnson .. Market traders used X5 BMW .. One day it's super cool and your best rough tough mate next day your finger count doesn't add up and you're not sure why. We thought we got an Imprezza 

Darren Bent .. 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo ... Nuff said 

Weiman .. Some sort of rally version of a skoda .. All the figures add up but somethings missing

Chris Martin ... A Merc .. Quality .. But sadly only with 4 cylinders even though he thinks he is an S class

Will Hughes .. 246 Dino Ferrari  fragile exquisite classical maybe missing a few BHP but who cares 

Tom Ince .. Nissan Skyline .. Lots of tech and great ability but automotive God ? Missing some soul I think

Hendrick and Bryson .. Golf GTI's ...effective all rounders but are they GTI or the budget one with the fancy wheels but the ordinary motor ? 

Bucko .. Land Rover defender in olive drab matt paint 

Cyrus .. Lotus .. Fast, interesting but fragile 

There was me thinking that you were saying he had a fat arse :lol:

Wassall has to be brand new Lada. Cheap and reliable option but just not good enough. You recognise it pretty soon and decide to get another one in, old Chevrolet which has had many owners. Some of them has been happy with it, some not so especially after they realised it was too expensive to keep. And those ******* dog's hair are everywhere!

Our first eleven from the Rotherham game as British cars form the seventies,

Carson (Austin Maxi; innovative design (first large hatchback and had a bed(!?!)); but re-used of parts fom other BL projects meaning despite reasonable performances it just looked a bit odd)

Christie (Triumph Dolomite Sprint: impressive turn of pace (0-60 in 8.4secs), agile and responsive; obviously though being a 1970's British car it was also guaranteed not run consistently over extended timescales)

Keogh (Reliant Robin: impressive performance and economy; only has three wheels so prone to falling over)

Shackell (Triumph Stag: just obvious)

Olsson (Triumph TR7: alluring European styling; performance doesn't live up to the looks and without a sack of cement in the boot was liable to be backend twitchy (ooer missus)

Hendrick (Morris Marina Coupe: looks like it has all the attributes to be a sports coupe but isn't; despite this remains illogically popular with the public which means Johnny Russell is one too)

Thorne (Hillman Avenger (and I quote): Tidy handler, good looking, practical saloon, with plenty of tuning potential.  Low survival rate due to shocking build quality)

Bryson (Hillman Imp: impressive diminutive performer and possibly more fun to drive than a mini; broke down a lot)

Ince (Lotus Elan Sprint; electrifying performance (when running properly); downside - high maintenance)

Martin (Austin Princess: massive arse and unsteerable without power assistance)

Johnson (Austin Allegro: nicknamed all-agro; more aerodynamic going backwards; square steering wheel)

Razza Camara - Koenigsegg. Flashy with lots of speed but rarely ever get to see one in action.

Bucko - Ford Galaxy. Been around for years and seen some sights, lots of great memories whilst the kids were growing up and even now with crisps trampled into the carpet and ribena stains on the back seats and rusting wheel arches, theres something special about it as you gaze at it - thinking of all the fond memories it holds.

Nick Blackman - BMW z4. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Quite expenisve for what it is really

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Is it sad to know virtually every car on there?  As for nostalgia, it still nearly brings me to tears when I think of my dad trading our 1975 Triumph 2500 for a brand new 1979 Granada 2.0L...

Archived