"I've been a Derby fan now for 100,000 years...

wixman1884

and I have to say this is the first year I've considered not renewing my season ticket."

This seemed to be the general theme of the phone in tonight. What utter toss. In the relatively short space of time that I've been a Derby fan, this doesn't even make it into the top 5 crises we've been through. We have a great, albeit underperforming squad, an average but passionate manager in the position till the end of the season and we're poised for a crack at the play offs. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but some people's overreaction and level of entitlement is repugnant. 

Whats the plan? Burn down the iPro? 30,000 person mass suicide at the next home game?

What's the best way of letting the powers that be know that our uninspiring choice of stand in manager has been... uninspiring? because I really don't think they've got the message yet. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

and I have to say this is the first year I've considered not renewing my season ticket."

This seemed to be the general theme of the phone in tonight. What utter toss. In the relatively short space of time that I've been a Derby fan, this doesn't even make it into the top 5 crises we've been through. We have a great, albeit underperforming squad, an average but passionate manager in the position till the end of the season and we're poised for a crack at the play offs. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but some people's overreaction and level of entitlement is repugnant. 

Whats the plan? Burn down the iPro? 30,000 person mass suicide at the next home game?

What's the best way of letting the powers that be know that our uninspiring choice of stand in manager has been... uninspiring? because I really don't think they've got the message yet. 

You always know which way the conversation is going to go once their opening gambit is about how loyal they are.

These fools have allegedly suffered the stewardship of Robert Maxwell and 3 Amigos and watched dross served up by the likes of Tommy Docherty, John Gregory and Phil Brown and yet the tipping point was when we are sat 5th in the league being bankrolled by a local businessman...I really can't find words to describe the contempt I have for these fools

People are so wrapped up in their delusions of self importance, grandeur and narsacism that they believe their own hype.

"I'm not getting a season ticket or renewing until X, y, z are all sorted to my satisfaction"

lol. Oh no. Jimmy Jones from belper isn't getting his season ticket, how will the world continue to turn.

the same fans giving it the most, will be the ones all over that forums offering to pay for other fans customer numbers if we get to the playoff final.

also this sense of entitlement that some have to be so arrogant as to believe they should somehow we able to hear in the public domain everything and everything to do with the club. You are paying to be able to access a stadium for a duration of time before, during and after a game of football. Nothing more, nothing less.

and before anyone jumps at what I put. I include myself in all the above.

13 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Seppuku by spork?

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

100% agree. I loved on the moan in when a fan said to Sam that we are a "laughing stock" and Sam replied "I don't know what that says about the teams below us then".

Yep I thought that was a good comeback too,some of us need to get real,we are in and around it for the third year on the trot,these should be good times!

Ah at last.

And how many times did we have to hear "We the Fans want this... or All the the fans think this...

BTW brilliant post Wixman.

I just feel for Mel. It was only two months ago that "He's one of us.." was ringing round the ground and now there are fans on here that would be outside the Ipro with pitch forks and lit torches if we don't win on Saturday.

The irony is it was probably the self same people calling for Clement to be sacked at the end of August.

It isn't the club that's a laughing stock, its increasingly a section of our fans (sadly)

I've been banging this drum for a while and finally I have some likeminded fans :D

i get hacked off for an hour or two after a match then something actually happens in my life that requires attention and I'm over it. 

I actually feel more annoyed at the ridiculous fans than at the performances or results. 

Yep, the only laughing stock around at the moment is the Derby fans (well apart from  Fawaz whos a special case, he's certifiably bonkers) 

Just now, Chris Mills said:

It's easy to get carried away by the emotion at the minute. I've found myself doing so. 

Sometimes it's important to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. 

Is that bigger picture of the Pirelli Stadium?:ph34r:

Just now, TrueLou said:

Is this the thread where I can look down on the unwashed masses and laugh at their stupidity while inflating my own sense of self superiority? 

in not superior in any way, I just don't think whipping up a load of anger and indignation is cool beans :p

8 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I've been banging this drum for a while and finally I have some likeminded fans :D

i get hacked off for an hour or two after a match then something actually happens in my life that requires attention and I'm over it. 

I actually feel more annoyed at the ridiculous fans than at the performances or results. 

Yep, the only laughing stock around at the moment is the Derby fans (well apart from  Fawaz whos a special case, he's certifiably bonkers) 

If Derby fans actually stopped claiming that we are a laughing stock, ironically they would stop being a laughing stock.

3 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

It's easy to get carried away by the emotion at the minute. I've found myself doing so. 

Sometimes it's important to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. 

And take a step back and take a long hard look at yourself!!, it's football FFS

I don't mean you by the way lol

Archived