"I've been a Derby fan now for 100,000 years...

wixman1884

28 minutes ago, rynny said:

Everyone just needs to have a think just before they hit that submit button and think "do I really need to post this?"

I'd never post anything if I followed that rule!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

How about this one...?

Absolutely RAGING. Mel Morris can polish his head with my season ticket renewal right now. 

I really think that we need a poll - maybe give an award to the poster of the most OTT comment.

I said in the podcast, If I could, I'd happily pay these "fans" ALL of their ST money back, and even double, but they have to renounce Derby County. They cannot jump on the bandwagon when it goes right in the next couple of years. Don't come crawling back when it comes to wanting a ticket for Wembley or tickets for Man United etc in the PL.

If you're out, you stay out.

One thing's for sure ; we need to put on a united front on Saturday & get behind the team and DW, otherwise we will embarrass ourselves even more!

On a light note I wanted to start a new thread but as a newbie wasn't sure how to

clichés we never want to hear again 

Mine 

It's a must win game

1 minute ago, Nishfan said:

One thing's for sure ; we need to put on a united front on Saturday & get behind the team and DW, otherwise we will embarrass ourselves even more!

On a light note I wanted to start a new thread but as a newbie wasn't sure how to

Mine 

It's a must win game

"We have 9 cup finals left"

they aren't cup finals as all the fans that didn't want season tickets or have not renewed them because their favourite ever football manager isn't managing "their club" aren't on here and other message boards begging for customer numbers from other fans to buy a ticket for the said cup finals.

5 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

Mine 

It's a must win game

'The Pub' forum is where you need to head. Plenty of cliche threads there.

8 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Lol spot on Mostyn !!.

Although I don't agree I would say Newcastle are the only team that do worse than us in this respect....but yes you are correct.

I will try and put it another way. Fans give money by voting with their feet and wallets to go to football matches,if one club gets more said fans constantly over a long period of time you would think that said club would over a long PERIOD of time have a bit more success than the ones that don't.

And before I get the bright alec post of money don't guarantee success no it doesnt but it sure helps otherwise we would have baldies achademicles winning the league lol

Baldies Achademicles are my second team!

47 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I said in the podcast, If I could, I'd happily pay these "fans" ALL of their ST money back, and even double, but they have to renounce Derby County. They cannot jump on the bandwagon when it goes right in the next couple of years. Don't come crawling back when it comes to wanting a ticket for Wembley or tickets for Man United etc in the PL.

If you're out, you stay out.

why should someone who decides not to renew based on what they perceive to be poor decisions and management not have the right to change their mind? Which is basically what you are saying. Giving up a season ticket for some could be a case of "I could just about afford it but I'm not sure I will enjoy going so why stretch myself. I think I will go match by match and maybe see about a half season ticket at Christmas"

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

why should someone who decides not to renew based on what they perceive to be poor decisions and management not have the right to change their mind? Which is basically what you are saying. Giving up a season ticket for some could be a case of "I could just about afford it but I'm not sure I will enjoy going so why stretch myself. I think I will go match by match and maybe see about a half season ticket at Christmas"

Difference between demanding a refund and not renewing though. 

5 minutes ago, davenportram said:

What he said below! I have no issue with people not renewing, I have no problem with people picking and choosing games. Demanding refunds etc  I do have an issue.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Difference between demanding a refund and not renewing though. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

What he said below! I have no issue with people not renewing, I have no problem with people picking and choosing games. Demanding refunds etc  I do have an issue.

did anyone demand a refund on the phone in? I only heard one ask if they would offer it based on the uncertainty of not knowing the manager. He could quite easily be one whose thinking like I was saying and would chose the match by match option if he didn't have faith in who was going to be in charge.

you know "If I know its a decent manager (in their opinion) ill push my finances and renew, if its a manager I dint think is upto it I wont"

uncertainty is a killer on morale.

did anyone demand a refund on the phone in? I only heard one ask if they would offer it based on the uncertainty of not knowing the manager. He could quite easily be one whose thinking like I was saying and would chose the match by match option if he didn't have faith in who was going to be in charge.

you know "If I know its a decent manager (in their opinion) ill push my finances and renew, if its a manager I dint think is upto it I wont"

uncertainty is a killer on morale.

text or tweets saying basically "ask Mel if he's giving our money back now he's given up on the season?" type stuff.

did anyone demand a refund on the phone in?

Mostyn posted:

I said in the podcast, If I could, I'd happily pay these "fans" ALL of their ST money back, and even double...

So he's offering refunds. Nothing about not renewing. Can't hold him accountable for words he didn't write. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Mostyn posted:

I said in the podcast, If I could, I'd happily pay these "fans" ALL of their ST money back, and even double...

So he's offering refunds. Nothing about not renewing. Can't hold him accountable for words he didn't write. 

I was replying to his reply to me where he was talking about people demanding refunds. He mentioned it.

Archived