Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

He has made the club a laughing stock.

Not really. 

If we win promotion this season, playing good football at the same time, then you have to give him credit. 

What we're doing now is purely predicting what could happen. 

Under Clement, we were boring, slow and created scraps. Nevertheless we grinded out enough wins to get us into the top six. The football was uninspiring and it would have continued in the same vein until something stopped it. 

Under Wassall, we have been more exciting and the attacking football is all but back. Nevertheless, we seem incredibly naive and Rotherham wasn't exactly a shock - especially when we conceded the first. 

Under Wassall & Redknapp? Who knows, it remains to be seen. If we win eight of our last nine games and finish the season as the form team then we will stand a good chance at being a Premier League side next season. 

it's nine games for both Wassall and Redknapp to put some sort of plan together in order to help us achieve something none of us at the minute expect. I'm willing to put all my faith in them, purely because we don't have a choice. 

I wouldn't have picked him, but at the same time we don't know the full story. I've seen cries for Rodgers, Moyes, Pearson...etc but these are probably waiting to see what's available in the summer before taking a, what would be in their opinion, backward step to Derby County from their previous roles. 

For what it's worth, I'd bank on him not being here next season. Promoted or not. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Maybe, certainly doesn't read that way to me, but then most of the posts I post never read the way I meant, so maybe it's just me.

Anyway Eddie, what your view on our latest appointment ?

Come on, you all know my answer to that.

Outwardly, he gets my 100% support from the day he is appointed until the day he leaves. Inwardly, that's for me to know and for you to speculate upon.

This is brilliant. 

No idea how it's going to work or what will happen next but it's a move that's so utterly unexpected it might just be a masterstroke. 

'Arry loves Jim TBE so there's a karmic circularity there.

I think I read that in the playoff final he was talked our of the sub he was proposing by the captain Clint Hill so let's be careful in our expectations of his expertise in substitutions.

How on earth have he and Mel become friends? I wouldn't have thought their paths would naturally cross.

If the hoddle plus 'array stories have any truth in them then that would be more concerning. As has been noted elsewhere 'arrys commercial transfer dealings have been hit and miss over the years.

Given his record in play-off finals this appears to be an eminently sensible move by a Chief Executive and owner who thus far have been far from sensible. Waffle clearly isn't up to the job. I wonder whether Harry will bring his dog who not only is his financial adviser but also probably knows more about football too.

For the 1st time in ages, I'd like to say well done Mel, Sam and the rest.

Seen the problem, and have taken steps to address it by appointing just about the best available person to sort it out.

Wassall can coach a performance, we saw that Saturday for 80 mins, now he can learn off one of the very best English managers of the last 20 years.

We get the benefit of Arry's wisdom now, and Wass gets the benefit going forward beyond this season.

Oh, and if it's true that Wassall asked for this appointment, that's a true sign of character , to ask for help when needed, and recognise your own shortcomings takes a truly strong man indeed.

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

Given his record in play-off finals this appears to be an eminently sensible move by a Chief Executive and owner who thus far have been far from sensible. Waffle clearly isn't up to the job. I wonder whether Harry will bring his dog who not only is his financial adviser but also probably knows more about football too.

Every Rosie has a Thorne. 

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Seen the problem, and have taken steps to address it by appointing just about the best available person to sort it out.

Wassall can coach a performance, we saw that Saturday for 80 mins, now he can learn off one of the very best English managers of the last 20 years.

We get the benefit of Arry's wisdom now, and Wass gets the benefit going forward beyond this season.

Oh, and if it's true that Wassall asked for this appointment, that's a true sign of character , to ask for help when needed, and recognise your own shortcomings takes a truly strong man indeed.

If. However if my auntie had a big hairy dangling pair...

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

The other day i said that appointing darren wassall was reminiscent of when we appointed colin murphy.

now we're going for the modern day version of his successor - harry redknapp / wheeler and dealer / tommy docherty?

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Which bit of 'It is for nine games' did you miss?

Murphy's successor, not wassalls successor you muppet /plonker/ (other cockney insult)

33 minutes ago, eddie said:

Come on, you all know my answer to that.

Outwardly, he gets my 100% support from the day he is appointed until the day he leaves. Inwardly, that's for me to know and for you to speculate upon.

Its the inwardly bit we're after.

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Is your missus still helping you with your posts/laces/tie? (delete as appropriate)

Archived