Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

4 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Couldn't agree more. He's having a shocker of a season. The only thing that surprises me is that there's nobody on here leaping to his defence. The apologists had us believe that Bryson's return would result in magical edge of the box interplay. Well, Bryson's doing his bit,where's CM?

He scores or assists over half of our goals.

Look what happened when Bent replaced with at Rotherham,

Look what happened when Bent replaced him last season.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Martin - 13 Goals, 8 Assists this season. Hes been involved in at LEAST 21 goals for us this season. Not bad considering he has had barely any service from the midfield for the majority of the season.

He was average yesterday, but so were a lot of players for both sides.

Hes started scoring again, would be stupid to drop him because of one average game.

We've just won an East Midlands Derby FFS stop scapegoating and enjoy the win!! :)

4 hours ago, Ninos said:
10 minutes ago, dcfc_ryan said:

Chris Martin - 13 Goals, 8 Assists this season. Hes been involved in at LEAST 21 goals for us this season. Not bad considering he has had barely any service from the midfield for the majority of the season.

Hes started scoring again, would be stupid to drop him because of one average game.

We've just won an East Midlands Derby FFS stop scapegoating and enjoy the win!! :)

Is 13 goals and 8 assists really that good from someone who has CMs reputation? People are enjoying the win but you can't let it blinker everything. We're hopefully heading for the playoffs but Chris Martin's performances (and BJ's) are a legitimate cause for concern.

37 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Couldn't agree more. He's having a shocker of a season. The only thing that surprises me is that there's nobody on here leaping to his defence. The apologists had us believe that Bryson's return would result in magical edge of the box interplay. Well, Bryson's doing his bit,where's CM?

3 goals and 2 assists in his last 5.. What do you actually expect? 10/10 performances every week? Hat tricks against Forest? He had a big hand in our goal yesterday. 

He is playing a lone role in a team that has been so stop start for the past 3 months it's unbelievable. 

Like a few others do, you might as well throw the falling over and "lack of effort" into the argument to get in the way of the facts. When he was in the torrid run there was no defending him and he even admitted he'd been below standards, now he's starting to produce again I think you can take your agenda and shove it up your arse tbh. 

"Shocker of a season". By his standards set in the first two seasons maybe, in one of the most fluid and attacking sides we've had in years. By this years team and Championship? Far from having a shocker. 

Why can't we go back to the years where our strikers barely reached 10 goals a year but tried really hard. I miss those days. Theo! 

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Calling it exactly as I see it. The flopping and lack of effort game in a team that clearly doesn't have multiple off the ball  runners and short passing around him has gotten away from him. Don t think you'd find too many impressed by his performances this season, including himself. I'll keep my comments to what I see on the field you can choose to keep focusing on me and name calling, I'm cool with that. 

Yes I can see how many people agree with you. One.

33 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

There was a rumour going around that Wassall and Christie had a disagreement, which I heard prior to the team announcement and frankly laughed off. Well, until the team was released anyway. 

Hanson played well, anyway. 

Waffle probably tried to convince him that playing on the left wing would be a good idea. Or in goal....

Thorne provided the meaningful distribution as always.  Massive player for us during the run-in and potentially the play-offs. Tom Ince looked like he was enjoying his football again, which is certainly an important factor for his outcomes.  As Clement would have said...'On we go'.

2 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

This also happens alot with Bent

linesman-flag-1411121584.jpg

A bit harsh blaming Bent alone for the Rotherham debacle. Don't think he's the solution to our striker problems though. We'll have to stick with Martin. Hope he can up his performances and deliver on the run in and playoffs.

37 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

A bit harsh blaming Bent alone for the Rotherham debacle. Don't think he's the solution to our striker problems though. We'll have to stick with Martin. Hope he can up his performances and deliver on the run in and playoffs.

Have a look at this.

@Ninos as well. What more can you ask of a striker?

6 hours ago, dcfc_ryan said:

Chris Martin (I refuse to call him Chrissie as it is a girl's name) is really a Marmite man -  people either love him or hate him. Perhaps he should be renamed Chris Marmite. For me he has the qualities of a striker but doesn't always show them. But the best of strikers have bad games. I saw Best (George that is ) three times and each time he was poor

Chris Martin is the best striker we have - suits our style of play, and should be the first pick up front. But that statement says more about our present options. I was desperately disappointed with him yesterday - given the fact it was a game against Forest and in many ways a must win game to maintain a points buffer from seventh. I thought he was lethargic and going through the motions. Fortunately after seeing Martin's limited effort to get to his earlier 3 crosses Ollson opted for a shot of his own with the fourth. Hopefully, over the coming weeks he will deliver a bit more quality, and a lot more effort. Seems half the player he was in 2014 / 2015.

Not spotted any ratings yet

Carson 7 Didn't have a difficult shot to save, but caught crosses well, Calm distribution.

Hanson 6 Solid defensively, but missed a couple of passes, one to Ince would have created a 3 on 2.

Olsson 8 Got forward well, 2 greta crosses and a goal, Decent defensively, Couple of 1st half mistakes deny him a 9

Keogh 7 Solid with mainly good distribution

Shackell 6 Solid but distribution slow and predictable

Thorne 7 No killer passes, but broke up play and fed Bryson and Hendrick's runs well

Bryson 8 Got everywhere like dogsh1te outside a blind school

Hendrick 6 Constantly ran into trouble, but picked up in the last 20 and played a part in the goal

Ince 7 Great pass to Olsson and worked hard but far too greedy

Martin 6 Struggled to get in the game, but not helped by poor service/support

Johnson 5 Poor. Poor passing, never won a second ball or header

Subs

Russell 7 Changed the game with his energy, lifted Hendrick, Ince and Martin's game

Bucko 10 Man love cannot be denied

Christie Too late for a mark

1 hour ago, sage said:

Not spotted any ratings yet

Carson 7 Didn't have a difficult shot to save, but caught crosses well, Calm distribution.

Hanson 6 Solid defensively, but missed a couple of passes, one to Ince would have created a 3 on 2.

Olsson 8 Got forward well, 2 greta crosses and a goal, Decent defensively, Couple of 1st half mistakes deny him a 9

Keogh 7 Solid with mainly good distribution

Shackell 6 Solid but distribution slow and predictable

Thorne 7 No killer passes, but broke up play and fed Bryson and Hendrick's runs well

Bryson 8 Got everywhere like dogsh1te outside a blind school

Hendrick 6 Constantly ran into trouble, but picked up in the last 20 and played a part in the goal

Ince 7 Great pass to Olsson and worked hard but far too greedy

Martin 6 Struggled to get in the game, but not helped by poor service/support

Johnson 5 Poor. Poor passing, never won a second ball or header

Subs

Russell 7 Changed the game with his energy, lifted Hendrick, Ince and Martin's game

Bucko 10 Man love cannot be denied

Christie Too late for a mark

I know what you mean about Johnson not winning a 2nd ball....he dunt seem to read the game very well.

Archived