Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

Sat 19th March

12:30

The iPro Stadium

This is it ladies and gents, this is it. The big one.

Today was a bad day for Derby County Football Club. Anger that has been building for weeks has boiled over tonight, with many calling for Darren Wassall's head, including my hero #ChrisTheRedeemer himself. Now who knows whether Wassall will be in charge on Saturday? It doesn't matter, as no matter what, no matter how much you love or hate Mel Morris, Sam Rush, Wassall and the players, there is nothing more important than getting behind the boys against the dirty red dogs on Saturday.

Historically, the team that has been having the worst of it in terms of recent form has come out on top in this fixture, which sets it up perfectly for us. The players will be absolutely livid after today, and I'm positive that this anger will transfer onto the pitch and the boys will bring that Brian Clough Trophy back where it belongs.

Look at the positives from today: Chris Martin and Tom Ince seem to have found form; Craig Bryson is finally fit and ready to destroy the red dogs once again, and for 80 minutes it sounded like we played some excellent stuff. 

It might seem difficult right now but let's put today behind us, call it a blip on the road. We start again on Saturday, and I just know that if we win, everything will be fine again and we can look ahead to really get some momentum heading into the play-offs, be that with or without Wassall.

We go on. COYR.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally think this is their cup final, but on Saturday it's actually ours and has become by far the biggest game of the season.

A resounding win still, even now, raises the prospect of finding form before the playoffs and even driving onwards and upwards into the Premier League. A bad defeat and the atmosphere is so toxic right now that the club will disintegrate and it may need major surgery to rebuild everything. Our local rivals have no pressure and nothing to play for - their season has long been over - and their form is equally terrible.

My plea to everyone going is to support the boys resolutely all game and after the final whistle, whatever happens. Sing your guts out. If we go behind, sing even louder. Nothing will help the gumps more than a disconnect between our team and fans, so it's up to all of you to play your part. From well before kickoff too. Build a great atmosphere to give the players confidence rather than have them start nervously.

The team? Today's midfield trio need to play. Martin and Ince need to play. We have no other fullbacks at the club so Christie and Olsson need to play. I'd partly blame Carson for their second goal but he still needs to play.That leaves three places. I think Wassall will go completely unchanged for the starting 11 though if Russell returns to the bench someone has to make way.

To cheer people up slightly, I thought I would paste some of the most memorable Derby Forest games from our perspective to get us all in the mood! 6 days to go!

Derby County 5  Forest 0

Forest 1  Derby  2 

Derby 2  Forest 0 

Derby 3  Forest 0

Forest 2  Derby 2

Derby 1  Forest  0

Forest 0 Derby 1

With the right attitude we will stuff them. We have to believe and we must must must get behind the lads .. None of this leaving early, booing and other subversive behaviour. We are going to do this and advance to the fruitful sunlit uplands. God for Harry England and StGeorge .. Now Doctor pass me my tablets, and my rabbits foot. 

Archived