Rotherham United vs Derby County

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Bucko too - it would improve our distribution and we might start seeing a centre half  actually head a corner or free kick in: we get a ton of those with close to no execution. Zanzala I'll guess I'll have to go watch tonight but he's a scoring machine with power and a bit of pace so my fantasy is that he could be our Star forward of the future. You don't know how effective he will be at this level until you give him a go. Ince central and if you have Hanson Thorne and Johnson and maybe Bryson too all in some midfield role you have some serious bite. Hendrick and Butterfield have flashes but really if you break it down its their positions in the attacking mid are where our primary problems lie - so change it up ! 

24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I'd like to see Bucko too - it would improve our distribution and we might start seeing a centre half  actually head a corner or free kick in: we get a ton of those with close to no execution. Zanzala I'll guess I'll have to go watch tonight but he's a scoring machine with power and a bit of pace so my fantasy is that he could be our Star forward of the future. You don't know how effective he will be at this level until you give him a go. Ince central and if you have Hanson Thorne and Johnson and maybe Bryson too all in some midfield role you have some serious bite. Hendrick and Butterfield have flashes but really if you break it down its their positions in the attacking mid are where our primary problems lie - so change it up ! 

Nigel Clough school of thought, play with 4 Centre Mids. You want to improve our distribution by playing Bucko and moving Shackell to LB? Just defeats the objective.

A few people keep mentioning bringing buxton in for his passion and commitment.  Where as I do love his passion and pride at putting on the rams shirt, I think the two cb's and our goalkeeper at the moment are the best three players in the side and should not be changed. If only Buxton was an attacking midfielder or winger.

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shacks, Olsson, Hanson/Thorne (a 100% on form Thorne would be great), Buttercup (hughes will replace him though once match fit), Johnson, Ince, Blackman and Martin. 

We now have a consistant back 4 and GK which is a positive, we just need to find a consistent midfield 3, Thorne and Hughes when fully fit will be 2 of them and I'd like to think Johnson could still be a top player for us, with Hughes almost back we may see a better Johnson.. it then leaves the front 3 which for me Blackman Ince and Martin could yet be a good 3, Blackman looks to be settling in but still needs time to adapt to our style, give him that time and he will come good imo.

Keep the front 3 as they are and wait for it to click, their professional footballers and will start to understand each other given time. the midfield 3 is still a mind freeze without Hughes, but once he's back we can start sticking with the same central 2 and hopefully a fully fit in form Thorne.

We can't keep chopping and changing and hope to fall on a winning formula, why the hell we went out and signed a truck load of players I'll never know. 

9 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shacks, Olsson, Hanson/Thorne (a 100% on form Thorne would be great), Buttercup (hughes will replace him though once match fit), Johnson, Ince, Blackman and Martin. 

We now have a consistant back 4 and GK which is a positive, we just need to find a consistent midfield 3, Thorne and Hughes when fully fit will be 2 of them and I'd like to think Johnson could still be a top player for us, with Hughes almost back we may see a better Johnson.. it then leaves the front 3 which for me Blackman Ince and Martin could yet be a good 3, Blackman looks to be settling in but still needs time to adapt to our style, give him that time and he will come good imo.

Keep the front 3 as they are and wait for it to click, their professional footballers and will start to understand each other given time. the midfield 3 is still a mind freeze without Hughes, but once he's back we can start sticking with the same central 2 and hopefully a fully fit in form Thorne.

We can't keep chopping and changing and hope to fall on a winning formula, why the hell we went out and signed a truck load of players I'll never know. 

I know what you mean but the logic only looks wrong in hindsight. .. Bryson and Hughes injured along with a lack of choices in attack. Johnson, Butterfield, Ince Bent and Weiman all made total sense at the time. Camara and Blackman were strange decisions but maybe made because (a) we could and (b) Bent and Weiman didn't seem to be right long term in Banta case or didn't produce the goods in weimans case 

anyway back to tomorrow .. Want Johnson back, hopefully with something to prove and to provide some much missing steel in midfield. Hope George Thorne is fit ? 

Doubt Hanson will play a role today and he might give weimann a go on right wing and it's a toss up between Butters and Bryson for wassall but I'll predict the lineup as:

Carson

christie Keogh shacks olssen

Thorne

Bryson Hendrick

Russell Martin Ince 

be fairly happy with that I guess.  

Archived