Rotherham United vs Derby County

DarkFruitsRam7

Sat 12th March

15:00

The New York Stadium

Rotheram United FC vs Derby County FC

For many weeks I've sat waiting in the wings for this moment, inspired by the legendary #ChrisTheRedeemer. I've been biding my time, waiting until the mighty Rams are at their lowest ebb before coming in and swooping them out of the hole and leading us to glory. Is that automatic promotion? Who knows? Is that scraping into the play-offs? Who knows? Is that finishing mid-table and Paul Jewell making a triumphant return in the summer to take us down to League One? Who knows?

I wanted to go to this match but it turns out tickets are sold out, so I'll just have to settle for leading the team through the dulcet tones of Craig Rammage instead. Oh well. 

We need all the lads to stick together for this. B4, we need a battle cry on this thread. #ChrisTheRedeemer, we need some words of inspiration from my idol to give me the gift of the match day thread champion. Curtains, we need you to leave the forum. 

If we do this, we can drag the lads through this patch, onwards and upwards. COYR!!!!!!!!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle cry?

Still the question occurs, "Can we do better?" The dogmas of the rough past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is challenging, so we must think anew, and act anew.

Cheers, Dimmu (ft. Abraham Lincoln)

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Battle cry?

Still the question occurs, "Can we do better?" The dogmas of the rough past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is challenging, so we must think anew, and act anew.

Cheers, Dimmu (ft. Abraham Lincoln)

The battle cry thing was aimed at B4 but the more the merrier I guess:p

3 hours ago, Anon said:

If we can't get 3 points here, we won't get them anywhere.

It's up to us New York, New York.

Probably the toughest game we will have for the rest of the season.Colin was a brilliant choice by Rotherham to save their season.He has already won 3 games on the bounce,2 of them top 6,cant remember who the other was Warnock may have failed in the Prem.,but in this league he knows what to do,and has a brilliant record.He loves beating Derby and will have his side motivated and tactically aware of how to beat us.I fear for Saturday.

I'm going.... taking my 2 lads, one of them its their first away game.

Train departs Derby 1:16pm.... anyone else on that one?

I can't wait, the boys can't wait.... all of us will be wearing our lucky pants.

Rotherham 1 Rams 2

25 minutes ago, Redcar said:

I can't wait, the boys can't wait.... all of us will be wearing our lucky pants.

Rotherham 1 Rams 2

Is that direct to Rotherham? If there is such a thing

Off to this one with the wife and kids. The initial excitement has been somewhat dampened after last nights performance. Really dont know what to expect. Just hope we put up some kind of fight. Please give Camara a chance.

Looking forward to a few pre match beers. Rotherham isnt crammed with fine pubs, but these two are close to the ground and look to serve good ales:

http://oldmillbrewery.co.uk/pubs-bridge-inn-rotherham.html

http://newyorktavern.co.uk

There are a few whetherspoons pubs about as well.

On 09/03/2016 at 21:58, wingfieldram said:

Off to this one with the wife and kids. The initial excitement has been somewhat dampened after last nights performance. Really dont know what to expect. Just hope we put up some kind of fight. Please give Camara a chance.

Looking forward to a few pre match beers. Rotherham isnt crammed with fine pubs, but these two are close to the ground and look to serve good ales:

http://oldmillbrewery.co.uk/pubs-bridge-inn-rotherham.html

http://newyorktavern.co.uk

There are a few whetherspoons pubs about as well.

I have just remembered that Camra is playing in the under 21s on friday night, so wont be given a chance on saturday.

7 hours ago, Redcar said:

Rotherham 1 Rams 2

I hope you mean each of you has your own lucky pants.

A few years ago I would have said we would walk away with 3 points easily from Rotheram, sadly those days seem long ago now. Warnock will be looking to do a job on us this Saturday especially with the winning run their on right now. They've already beaten Brighton & Boro at home this season so their certainly no mugs. I don't won't to predict anything as anything is liable to happen. With the Inconsistency in our team right now perhaps a draw would be acceptable all things considered. 

Archived