"There's only one Jamie Hanson..."

Srg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its better to sing summat to acknowledge a great performance from an academy youngster than not to.

It was a spontaneous chant by fans from all round the ground. We should celebrate Jamie's mature performance rather than worry about not having a unique chant for him.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its better to sing summat to acknowledge a great performance from an academy youngster than not to.

It was a spontaneous chant by fans from all round the ground. We should celebrate Jamie's mature performance rather than worry about not having a unique chant for him.

He's one of our own...

not exactly original but it's not one we use already.

I loved the chant. It may not be original, but I'm sure that Jamie got the point. A local lad walking off the pitch at the iPro with his name being sung. Not many better experiences in life, surely?

He's growing into the role. He's not yet as good as Thorne was at his best, but at present Thorne looks a lumbering shadow of the majestic figure who drove us to Wembley. As things stand, Hanson would be my first choice for the holding role.

We need a better chant for him. He's a destroyer, a beast of the midfield, and he can thread passes too. The word "bruiser" needs to be in the chant. Maybe Triple H as well, although ill settle for Double H minus Hendrick.

I can understand that fans are disappointed in Thornes form and fitness but he's gone from future england potential (in the eyes of some) to an overweight burden ( that's how I have interpreted the sub text of some of the previous comments). It's brilliant that Hanson is doing well and he should rightly have the support of all DCFC fans but GT is also a young player that we paid a fair amount of cash for and he needs that support also.

15 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

For me he's already better than Thorne, thorne is never fully fit and until he is then I'd play Hanson, thorne needs taking out and telling to get in shape. 

Thrones not looked good for a while. Too slow on the ball and gave it away for Wolves goal. Also gives it away too much. Hopefully get a good pre season down him and be better next season

Archived