"There's only one Jamie Hanson..."

Srg

Thorne is not playing his best thats for sure, and he does look unfit when he has to do some running back.

But I really dont think Hanson is the answer either. I think we are crying out for a younger version of Eustace.

Someone big, strong, physical, a beat of a player.

Someone who do the nasty stuff, someone who could play centre half as well as offering assurance for the rest of the team to get forward. At the moment we are so open at the back, a better team than Huddersfield would have beaten us. The current system with current players is not sustainable in the premiership or for a side wanting to finish top 2.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Thorne needs to be back in training for at least a month before playing games, he needs to get some natural fitness back, he goes from injury, back in training, playing, injured again. When we first signed him he sat on the bench for nearly 2 months without getting a kick, all the time he was training, building fitness and look how good he was in the run in to Wembley.

Regarding bruiser, think he's got a bright future and could quite easily grow into the CDM role, absolutely clattered somebody yesterday which I personally loved!

I find it fitting that we sang "One Jamie Hanson", because that is the song we normally reserve for Georgie himself. It was even more fitting that George was walking on to hear his song being sung to someone else! And Jamie did get a tremendous ovation as he walked off, and a huge hug from Wassell!

43 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I find it fitting that we sang "One Jamie Hanson", because that is the song we normally reserve for Georgie himself. It was even more fitting that George was walking on to hear his song being sung to someone else! And Jamie did get a tremendous ovation as he walked off, and a huge hug from Wassell!

2 different songs though, similar wording but different tune. For Hanson it was "One Jamie Hanson, there's only one Jamie Hanson" whereas the Thorne song is "George Thorne, there's only one George Thorne"  

Just now, ossieram said:

2 different songs though, similar wording but different tune. For Hanson it was "One Jamie Hanson, there's only one Jamie Hanson" whereas the Thorne song is "George Thorne, there's only one George Thorne"  

Woops me! Agree, but the significance seems real enough to me! Anyway, isn't it good having two players of their calibre at our club?

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Thorne is not playing his best thats for sure, and he does look unfit when he has to do some running back.

But I really dont think Hanson is the answer either. I think we are crying out for a younger version of Eustace.

Someone big, strong, physical, a beat of a player.

Someone who do the nasty stuff, someone who could play centre half as well as offering assurance for the rest of the team to get forward. At the moment we are so open at the back, a better team than Huddersfield would have beaten us. The current system with current players is not sustainable in the premiership or for a side wanting to finish top 2.

Erm... Hanson has played centre back for the majority of his young career, earning the nickname bruiser for his strength, tenacity and fearlessness. 

P.s. **** Eusless. 

Hanson left his mark on his opponent a couple of times yesterday.

i like that. In fact i'd like to see a bit more of it.

Anything that reminds me of bruce rioch is welcome really.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Hanson left his mark on his opponent a couple of times yesterday.

i like that. In fact i'd like to see a bit more of it.

Anything that reminds me of bruce rioch is welcome really.

Paterson had only just picked himself up from one clattering before Jamie gave him another! 

I spent the 5 minutes before half time just watching him, and his movements, I'd say he reads the game well enough.

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Paterson had only just picked himself up from one clattering before Jamie gave him another! 

I spent the 5 minutes before half time just watching him, and his movements, I'd say he reads the game well enough.

That's probably the bit i liked.

if it was intentional rather than a bit mis-timed then that would be even better.

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

Erm... Hanson has played centre back for the majority of his young career, earning the nickname bruiser for his strength, tenacity and fearlessness. 

P.s. **** Eusless. 

I thought we were done with this. All the Eustace naysayers were proved definitively wrong last season. Don't tell me you're brave enough to start crawling back out of your shells now. Did you think we'd forget?

I like Hanson though. He's earned that shirt and Thorne is going to have to be patient and work his way back into the team.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

I thought we were done with this. All the Eustace naysayers were proved definitively wrong last season. Don't tell me you're brave enough to start crawling back out of your shells now. Did you think we'd forget?

I like Hanson though. He's earned that shirt and Thorne is going to have to be patient and work his way back into the team.

Not going to rehash it, but yeah, not a Eustace fan. 

Main point was all the attributes listed as what was required, were attributes that Hanson is known for. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

P.s. **** Eusless. 

I sense that absence hasn't made your heart grow fonder as far as Eustace is concerned.

He's currently better than Thorne because Thorne just isn't fit enough, we can't keep carrying him, if he can't get fit then he shouldn't play and we look a lot more mobile with Hanson in the team. I do hope Thorne can get his old swagger back but he's had 2 serious injuries and I just can't see it tbh,, which is sad because when he was on form he was awesome.

While Hanson will be quality and a great asset in the future, He has a lot to learn positionally, often too rash, missing tackles and getting out of position allowing opposition to run straight at our back 4, happened a lot against Blackburn and yesterday. Thorne had a dodgy game against Wolves and hasn't hit the heights of previous years but we're more solid with him in the team. Thorne back in for me as soon as he's fit. That said Hanson is learning quickly, has an excellent eye for a pass and can certainly tackle, if clement had included him more this season, then Thorne would have a tough ask to get back in the team. Keep Hanson in the squad and playing some games for rest of the season then next year will be an interesting battle between the two.

For anyone taking the rip out of The Derby Way, Hanson is it. Ok, fans saying he's not good enough, well maybe not yet but saying we need x player or y player, no we don't, we need to maximise the asset that is Hanson. If we got him to the first team then sold him fans would be moaning about us being a selling club. We need more Hansons! 

Archived