"There's only one Jamie Hanson..."

Srg

11 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

While Hanson will be quality and a great asset in the future, He has a lot to learn positionally, often too rash, missing tackles and getting out of position allowing opposition to run straight at our back 4, happened a lot against Blackburn and yesterday. Thorne had a dodgy game against Wolves and hasn't hit the heights of previous years but we're more solid with him in the team. Thorne back in for me as soon as he's fit. That said Hanson is learning quickly, has an excellent eye for a pass and can certainly tackle, if clement had included him more this season, then Thorne would have a tough ask to get back in the team. Keep Hanson in the squad and playing some games for rest of the season then next year will be an interesting battle between the two.

Yep.

He was getting dragged all over the place against Huddersfield by chasing the ball. This meant that  Butterfield had to play too deep when covering for him, limiting his attacking effectiveness, increasing his defensive workload and quite possibly leading to the rather unpopular substitution (there was a slight limp/hobble from Butterfield seconds prior to going off)

Sometimes the awareness and discipline comes naturally, like with Thorne, and sometimes it has to be learned... sometimes it can be, sometimes it can't.

A decent performance, but not a great one.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yep.

He was getting dragged all over the place against Huddersfield by chasing the ball. This meant that  Butterfield had to play too deep when covering for him, limiting his attacking effectiveness, increasing his defensive workload and quite possibly leading to the rather unpopular substitution (there was a slight limp/hobble from Butterfield seconds prior to going off)

Sometimes the awareness and discipline comes naturally, like with Thorne, and sometimes it has to be learned... sometimes it can be, sometimes it can't.

A decent performance, but not a great one.

I would say that Butterfield's positional play was the problem, not Hanson's. Butterfield kept driving forward at the same time as Hendrick. As soon as we lost the ball Hanson was having to cover two men. Butterfield then didn't work hard enough to get back. I thought he had a very poor game.

I have liked him since he first stepped on the pitch and am always pleased when he is in the squad or starting. Not quite as majesterial as Thorne but as someone said earlier Thorne seems to have lost some quickness about his game. Almost as if there is something stuck in the carburettor. He has been getting caught in possession too often. 

Jamie did well enough on saturday but to my mind sat too deep when he should have been further up the field stopping their mids walking right through us . There were times when he was a 3rd centre back. 

Hanson still isn't ready yet as I've said previously he's still got a lot to learn and CDM is not his best position it's CB primarily.     This is the whole point about bringing the U21s through it has to be done when they are good enough .  

Having said that Thorne isn't fully fit yet either. 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Hanson still isn't ready yet as I've said previously he's still got a lot to learn and CDM is not his best position it's CB primarily.     This is the whole point about bringing the U21s through it has to be done when they are good enough .  

Having said that Thorne isn't fully fit yet either. 

Not a better way to learn that on the pitch

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

Just doesn't suit the CDM role. He's not creative enough and doesn't control the play.  

You're being unbelievably harsh. The lad has played most of his youth career at the back and is projected to be more of a midfielder at this level, mainly due to being far too short to be a centre back. He has a great range of passing, and can hit a wicked dead ball - so you know he has the technique. Just give him chance, it's not easy to come in at that ages and "control the play".

Or you could just ignore that, and write him off now.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

You're being unbelievably harsh. The lad has played most of his youth career at the back and is projected to be more of a midfielder at this level, mainly due to being far too short to be a centre back. He has a great range of passing, and can hit a wicked dead ball - so you know he has the technique. Just give him chance, it's not easy to come in at that ages and "control the play".

Or you could just ignore that, and write him off now.

Maybe i am being a bit harsh I agree. 

But ive always said it. 

PS I've also praised him but he's not IMO ready yet week in week out  .

He does take a good free kick but he wouldn't get them over Martin and Butterfield  or Johnson . 

Is he a better footballer than Bradley Johnson ? 

Hanson has Derby fans on his side right.  

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

But ive always said it. 

Is he a better footballer than Bradley Johnson ? 

Right now? probably not... but he's also a lot younger with the time to improve, and he is homegrown and didn't cost £6m, so his piece of rope should be a fair bit longer, before you decide to hang him with it.

Even if he never fully develops into someone, for example, who is as good as George Thorne at his best, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even as he is now, he's a capable role player.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

But ive always said it. 

PS I've also praised him but he's not IMO ready yet week in week out  .

He does take a good free kick but he wouldn't get them over Martin and Butterfield  or Johnson . 

Is he a better footballer than Bradley Johnson? 

Based on recent performances I would argue yes, he is far better.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Right now? probably not... but he's also a lot younger with the time to improve, and he is homegrown and didn't cost £6m, so his piece of rope should be a fair bit longer, before you decide to hang him with it.

Even if he never fully develops into someone, for example, who is as good as George Thorne at his best, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even as he is now, he's a capable role player.

That's a good post by you. 

On the free kicks he is good at them. 

He has to control the game in the CDM role and he doesn't do it in the Championship yet and his positional play is off at times he overcommits and goes past the man  

He may in the future who knows but I have my doubts. 

One of the problems with Jamie is no one knows his best position so a utility player he will be but he's still learning all his roles.  

But the Championship for DCFC is here and now. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's it you see he isn't. 

FACT. 

He never ever will be as good a footballer as Bradley Johnson. 

Adios.  

You do realise saying things like this just make you look stupid?

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's it you see he isn't. 

FACT. 

He never ever will be as good a footballer as Bradley Johnson. 

Adios.  

HA his career really is ****** then if he can't hope to hit the dizzying football heights achieved by Bradley Johnson...

1 minute ago, Casio said:

HA his career really is ****** then if he can't hope to hit the dizzying football heights achieved by Bradley Johnson...

Maybe you have played at the highest level yourself have Yoo-hoo. 

Bradley will prove the boo boys wrong. 

Archived