"There's only one Jamie Hanson..."

Srg

I remember after seeing Hansons first few games at the beginning of the season thinking, If hanson is best we have in the academy, things dont look too good.

I also remember thinking, does he look better than lets say Hughes or hendrick did after a couple of appearences?  Again probably not, But I also remember thinking he might not ever be given the chances they had. At least under PC and all this investment in players, its a different situation completely to when Nigel was in charge and playing hendrick first then hughes later left Clough with not much choice.

Looks like under Wassall he will be given a chance, but jury is very much out on him for me.

if people really do rate him over Johnson who has been a class player for years including a POY winner with 15 goals from midfield in a promotion team, then I guess I will never convince anyone of anything.

Lets not forget the midfield of Thorne + hendrick + hanson early season looked awful with the Leeds defeat. As soon as Johnson and Butterfield came to the club we went on an amazing run.

id be much happier if derby had a beast of an academy player who could play central defender or the defensive midfield role, and who was in the team to stop the opposition. A player like Miles Addison had the mobility and passing range of a donkey, but given the way Wolves and Huddersfield play right through our midfield, then that this the sort of player I think we need right now. At least until Thorne gets some match fitness.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree Hanson needs games to learn so should be around the squad and involved. He is the future and is the Derby way (it's great he's actually a derby lad).

I think if we still have promotion aspirations, we need to get Thorne fit and in form. Thorne needs games and I think he will play better with Jeff and Bryson alongside, running into space and giving him passing opportunities unlike Johnson and Butterfield who played on top of him under clement. Balance is wrong with those two in there, last 20 mins on Sat was best we've played at home in months.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

His song has to be "hes one of our own"

having heard his interview, i havent heard a derby accent like that on a player since Riggott.

Burton... Close enough

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

He used to score shedloads of freekicks for the U21s. Will he get the chance to take them around the opposition box for the first team? Now that would be interesting.

His set-pieces on Saturday were excellent too, none one of this floaty nonsense - he drills them in properly.

He's just one of those players I instantly warm to. Not afraid of a challenge and always getting his head up, looking for a pass. There's a very good player in there with the right coaching.

Heard some say they don't think he's a CDM, but I wonder how he compares to Eustace at the same age...

15 hours ago, curtains said:

Just doesn't suit the CDM role. He's not creative enough and doesn't control the play.  

Yeah, he misses the creativity, no, artistry that John Eustace brought to the role :rolleyes:

Eustace owned that role, the very basics of it are to defend and then distribute, it's a role all about doing the basics very, very well. 

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Yeah, he misses the creativity, no, artistry that John Eustace brought to the role :rolleyes:

Eustace owned that role, the very basics of it are to defend and then distribute, it's a role all about doing the basics very, very well. 

Can I call him useless then. 

Everyone hates me for loving Bradley johnson, but he is a beast and something that is needed in a team of non physical lightweights.

11 corners tonight, and nothing! they had one freekick from a cross, goal.

In both boxes Johnson is good from set pieces, and hes on the frickin bench!!!!!

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Everyone hates me for loving Bradley johnson, but he is a beast and something that is needed in a team of non physical lightweights.

11 corners tonight, and nothing! they had one freekick from a cross, goal.

In both boxes Johnson is good from set pieces, and hes on the frickin bench!!!!!

I don't I like Bradley. 

Its a travesty what's happened to him at Derby. 

Archived