Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

Just got back from the match we were very poor kept loosing the ball no attacking intent second to every ball and most players looked disinterested only butters and Martin looked ok but even worst was I have justed listen to wassells post match interview ,,,,,,,,what match was he watching he has not got a clue we need a manager and we need him now 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Clement's transfer business was poor.

From the very beginning I said exactly the same thing, especially for the January transfer period (and as you might expect, I did get a lot of sticks from the fanboys).

But don't we use the continental head coach + technical director system? That's what Derby County employ according to MM/Rush. In a continental system where there is a technical director (or gm or chief executive), the head coach focuses on on-pitch performance and leave the rest, including recruitment and transfer, to the club. What's the benefit? Accordingly to MM/Rush, this system is better stability-wise because a manager can come and go in any minute -- but no new coach needs to bring in 30 new players.

So if I believe in what MM/Rush preached, shouldn't we not have such a thing as McClaren's players and Clement's players? I know MM also said that it was PC who wanted all those players (and all he himself did was to yield to his request because he believed in a no-excuse policy blah blah blah), but I thought the consensus was that it was merely PR talk?

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

"individual performances have been brilliant"

"Team performance ... overall in the 3 games you can't take anything away from the boys, they've been absolutely magnificent"

"If anyone has seen us over the last 3 games, then they'll know we are a force to be reckoned with"

DW might be a naturally optimistic person -- so much so that he sounds deluded -- but I have a feeling that MM mentioned something about the importance of being positive and optimistic during interviews and thus DW is just doing his job.

Since the latter sounds more plausible to me, so: Good job, DW! You are the man!

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

Apart from butterfield and shackel the rest of the signings have not improved us one bit and if Bradley Johnson plays the next game wassall is just a puppet and Morris is picking the team 

He is. This is a complete ******* joke. All this money and we're back to paul Jewell era. Need a massive clear out 

52 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Jewell took over a bad team, they stayed bad, Clement took over a decent team made them mediocre, yes we were top but were downhill from the start of 2016.

Stop banging on about Clement, the guy made us hard to beat, we dominated every game and went top. MM is the bad guy, we need a manger not the youth coach. Since the MM tantrum after the Reading game 8 points from 8 games, before Reading 49 points from 26 games.

Back home now after a trip to Molineux, road rider coach got lost!! Topped off a dreadful day watching a bunch of overpaid players stroll round the pitch without a care in the world and a manger massively out of his depth! 2x fullbacks, keogh, butters & Martin all deserve a bit of credit but the rest were shocking. Why Johnson still keeps getting picked is beyond me. Anyway, off to sulk now.

My observations from today.

Both full backs outplayed by their full backs.

Shackell a show pony whose slow passing puts us under pressure.

The midfield has no balance, no drive and calls for the ball without moving for it.

There is a real problem when your team wins two on the bounce and then plays with so little belief.

It was obvious today that we needed Bryson or Henson or even both of the bench to inject some power in the middle.

How Weimann got on the pitch is beyond me.

I thought Martin tried,  Keogh was probably our best player and the rest should take a look at themselves.

We can still get in the play-offs but not with today's attitude.

They really don't look like a united squad.

A new manager is a necessity - the work experience guy has had his 10 minutes in the limelight.

I can accept that we've wasted most of the £25m on at best mediocre players (Butterfield being one notable exception), that we have most of our squad playing below and some well below the level they are capable of, that we have a recruitment team who didn't seem to know where the squad needed strengthening since the last close season and that we have now put in charge of team selection 2 'coaches', neither who have any experience whatsoever of taking a club out of the Championship and into the Premier League.

But having just listened to Wassalls' post-match interview, what I can't accept is being told by our manager (sorry - coach) that the last 3 performances have involved magnificent individual and team performances when even the most die-hard of fans should concede that those comments are plainly ridiculous and an insult to the intelligence of those fans who have watched those matches.

In an attempt to preserve team spirit, it's one thing avoiding public criticism of individual players and trying to put a positive spin on insipid, sterile performances but twice now in four post-match interviews, Wassall has shown a complete disregard for the football knowledge of the vast majority of Rams fans.

Darren, we are not idiots so don't treat us as though we are, even if telling it as it is may not be to the liking of the man upstairs. Continue to do as you are will alienate more and more of the supporters and ultimately that will only end in one way!

30 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Back home now after a trip to Molineux, road rider coach got lost!! Topped off a dreadful day watching a bunch of overpaid players stroll round the pitch without a care in the world and a manger massively out of his depth! 2x fullbacks, keogh, butters & Martin all deserve a bit of credit but the rest were shocking. Why Johnson still keeps getting picked is beyond me. Anyway, off to sulk now.

How can anyone get lost between Wolverhampton and Derby? Kinda sums us up this post, we've lost direction and lack a good driver.

1 hour ago, peachmyster said:

Just got back from the match we were very poor kept loosing the ball no attacking intent second to every ball and most players looked disinterested only butters and Martin looked ok but even worst was I have justed listen to wassells post match interview ,,,,,,,,what match was he watching he has not got a clue we need a manager and we need him now 

Agree peachy word for word except for "disinterested". I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it - disinterested means impartial like an umpire. You mean uninterested. 

50 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Over a pint I hope.

24 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I can accept that we've wasted most of the £25m on at best mediocre players (Butterfield being one notable exception), that we have most of our squad playing below and some well below the level they are capable of, that we have a recruitment team who didn't seem to know where the squad needed strengthening since the last close season and that we have now put in charge of team selection 2 'coaches', neither who have any experience whatsoever of taking a club out of the Championship and into the Premier League.

But having just listened to Wassalls' post-match interview, what I can't accept is being told by our manager (sorry - coach) that the last 3 performances have involved magnificent individual and team performances when even the most die-hard of fans should concede that those comments are plainly ridiculous and an insult to the intelligence of those fans who have watched those matches.

In an attempt to preserve team spirit, it's one thing avoiding public criticism of individual players and trying to put a positive spin on insipid, sterile performances but twice now in four post-match interviews, Wassall has shown a complete disregard for the football knowledge of the vast majority of Rams fans.

Darren, we are not idiots so don't treat us as though we are, even if telling it as it is may not be to the liking of the man upstairs. Continue to do as you are will alienate more and more of the supporters and ultimately that will only end in one way!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

1 hour ago, Derbyram1 said:

Were the whole Derby squad on that coach also because they all looked lost today!

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Over the past 8 days:

"individual performances have been brilliant" - What???? A few players have been decent, Keogh Butterfield Hanson etc. but magnificent?! No way.

"Team performance ... overall in the 3 games you can't take anything away from the boys, they've been absolutely magnificent" - Come on Darren, stop it :lol: 

Rams player parts not seen on Youtube video:

"A point would have been very good today" - A point against a team who haven't won in 7, with the 2nd worst home record in the league and have sold their best players really wouldn't have been a good result for a team supposedly chasing promotion.

"If we carry on performing as we are for the next 12 games, then we'll be absolutely fine" - Yeah Darren, we certainly won't get relegated if that's what we'll be fine about.

"If anyone has seen us over the last 3 games, then they'll know we are a force to be reckoned with" - Very, very debatable.

Total clown, deluded.  That's the last interview I'll listen to until he is back with the 21s.  

Archived