Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the past 8 days:

"individual performances have been brilliant" - What???? A few players have been decent, Keogh Butterfield Hanson etc. but magnificent?! No way.

"Team performance ... overall in the 3 games you can't take anything away from the boys, they've been absolutely magnificent" - Come on Darren, stop it :lol: 

Rams player parts not seen on Youtube video:

"A point would have been very good today" - A point against a team who haven't won in 7, with the 2nd worst home record in the league and have sold their best players really wouldn't have been a good result for a team supposedly chasing promotion.

"If we carry on performing as we are for the next 12 games, then we'll be absolutely fine" - Yeah Darren, we certainly won't get relegated if that's what we'll be fine about.

"If anyone has seen us over the last 3 games, then they'll know we are a force to be reckoned with" - Very, very debatable.

32 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I thought Butterfield was terrible from a defensive point of view. In fact, Wolves totally won the midfield battle with Butterfield, Hendrick and Thorne really poor at making tackles.

Russell I thought did OK. Drove inside a few times, played a few balls in to Martin's feet. Did far more than Weimann.

Our best spell of the game came in the first 10 minutes of the secnd half. Then the changes came, and it totally disrupted our play. It was real desperate stuff.

I'm still shocked at how we managed to spend £25m.

Derby County should are the shining example of what not to do when you get promoted, and now the perfect example of what not to do when pushing for promotion. Proper train wreck stuff.

This is why Clement went, all that money and we were worse for it give him any long and it would have been another Jewell.

1 hour ago, HKRam said:

Wassall is obviously a much better man manager compared with PC. But he is simply not qualified for the job. End of story.

Why is he obviously a better man manager?

PC didn't seem to bond with them but why is darrens gushing over enthusiasm better?

4 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

This is why Clement went, all that money and we were worse for it give him any long and it would have been another Jewell.

Clement's transfer business was poor, but a number of players were signed before he even got here.

It's a combined tragedy. How not one professional working within Derby's recruitment team failed to spot that we had no right-footed LW is beyond me. 

From 18 months ago, it really wasn't difficult to add the finishing touches to what was already a decent side.

I miss Jamie Ward, or a player of that mould from a few years ago. One that can actually carry the ball.

15 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

We are still in the play-off positions,not facing relegation,makes him better,doesn't it? It was Clement who got us to top,as well,Maybe we should have given him longer.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Writing the season off in February is one thing but writing off next season in February is pretty special. 

Haha Shoot I didn't mean it to read like that, but it does doesn't it, I am muppet. I'm not writing off next season already honest, I've renewed you know :) this time next year this will all be a distant memory........Big Sams black and white army :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

We are still in the play-off positions,not facing relegation,makes him better,doesn't it? It was Clement who got us to top,as well,Maybe we should have given him longer.

Jewell took over a bad team, they stayed bad, Clement took over a decent team made them mediocre, yes we were top but were downhill from the start of 2016.

36 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Why is he obviously a better man manager?

PC didn't seem to bond with them but why is darrens gushing over enthusiasm better?

Said Wassall was a good man manager such that I appeared to be even-handed. Don't want to be called a wrist slasher by the fanboys, you know.

The main point was Wassall is not qualified for the job.

2 hours ago, Dcfc10 said:

Wolves lost 3.0 to brentford last game. Not won in 7 the players are a joke. How hard is it to keep and pass the f....... ball to ya own players **** english championship players not even  that f..................................... tw.............................  wassall sounding like a d... again on radio.

Oscar Wilde lives

11 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Jewell took over a bad team, they stayed bad, Clement took over a decent team made them mediocre, yes we were top but were downhill from the start of 2016.

Clement took over a team that had finished 8th last season,when he was sacked they were 5th. Bearing in mind they were probably a bit demoralised after the meltdown.The decent team he took over was minus 2 of the best players after 30 mins.of the season,he went on a 19 match run,with 1 defeat. During that time in 10 successive matches we kept 8 clean sheets.Whats happened to that defence,now? Who's to say he wouldn't have picked us up again for the run in? Why sack him when we did,what was there to lose by giving him more time?

18 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Said Wassall was a good man manager such that I appeared to be even-handed. Don't want to be called a wrist slasher by the fanboys, you know.

The main point was Wassall is not qualified for the job.

I'll go one further than wassall not being qualified, the guy is either A deluded or B walking around with a white stick. That performance was poor and if you can not see that DW then I'll get your coat and put it on for you no hard feelings but please go now .

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Still in Wolverhampton, stuck on a car park. Blocked in - there are two rows, and a moron decided to start a third, leaving my car the jam - or is that yam - in the car sandwich.

Got back half an hour ago. Rather than call the police non-emergency number (it was a policeman who suggested it - and they would have towed it), we had a wander into town and got a coffee and a sandwich, then went back to the car. 5 minutes later the owner showed up, family in tow, looking very sheepish and apologetic when he realised what he had done.

Archived