Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

Just now, CumbrianRam said:

Johnson gets all that hate when Thorne, Hendrick. Weimann, Russsell and Ince were just as poor if not worse.

I tried pointing that out in the match day chat. Everything he did wrong is quickly pointed out whilst other player's mistakes are often ignored.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Yeah you have to touch the ball first before you can make a mistake. 

Exactly. 

And we have too many players trying to play a game they arent good enough to play. You can have a couple that are rough around the edges. Not 4

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Who do you replace Johnson and Russell with though? I agree they were awful, but Ince and Weimann were even worse.

I'd go 4-2-3-1 and actually play with genuine wingers.  You know, a right footed player on the right and a left footed player on the left.  They proved today that inside fowards, especially our inside forwards, are too easy to play against...

On 27/02/2016 at 14:34, harryram said:

This is the bit I can't get my head around. We still have a good chance of play offs if it gets sorted. And who knows what can happen in them. Very poor substitutions if thorne was struggling why not like for like with Hanson. As for AW would have been better off playing with 10 men. Poor management which illustrates darren is not up to the job

Agreed.....cannot, for the life of me, understand why a proven manager has not been appointed. We are throwing the season away!

I'm just left reeling from how sloppy we were in possession. Invention, spark, creativity and risk taking all lead to losing the ball sometimes, but that's natural and understandable. Endlessly losing the ball through sheer bad passing is just bad football. And where has the touch gone from all our players?

I mean, that was really poor. I won't say they weren't trying - they were - it's just they were all being utter gash and there is no team there.

Wolves deserved it.

Dire performance. I really don't like our team at the moment. I wouldn't say mercenaries, but they're a bunch of highly-paid individuals who aren't very good collectively.

The football was atrocious at times. Absolutely ridiculous the way we go about things. It's all wrong.

I hope we clear the decks this summer. I'd take staying in the Championship another ten years if it meant building a youthful team who play good, entertaining football.

Pushing the boat out for promotion and putting in performances like that. It's very QPR-esque.

Was Wassall watching a different game to me?

Butterfield was our brightest central midfielder with good runs and a threat from range with his shooting. So what does our manager do...sticks him in a defensive midfield position.

Russell was a threat running directly at their defenders and did actually look a threat.

Just at the point at which we looked to be in top of the game and were bossing the midfield, he decided to change things.

Why?

I don't agree with all of the stick that Johnson is getting on here. Play a player out of position and this is what will happen. Granted, he didn't look great when he moved to a more central position but I believe the management are destroying his confidence along with others trying to accommodate them in unfamiliar positions.

Just now, wingfieldram said:

Agreed.....cannot, for the life of me, understand why a proven manager has not been appointed. We are throwing the season away!

Problem is we're not just giving up on this season, next season as well as the new Manager will need time to bed his team/style in. Get someone in now then anything this season is a bonus but a least we will be up and running for August. 

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'd go 4-2-3-1 and actually play with genuine wingers.  You know, a right footed player on the right and a left footed player on the left.  They proved today that inside fowards, especially our inside forwards, are too easy to play against...

Camara has to get a start for me. I have no idea if he's any good, but he can't be any worse than the others. The problem I have with your formation is that it relies on playing too many of our players who have done nothing to earn a shirt. For me Hanson, Butterfield and Bryson all need to be playing and that requires a midfield three.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I hope we clear the decks this summer. I'd take staying in the Championship another ten years if it meant building a youthful team who play good, entertaining football.

Pushing the boat out for promotion and putting in performances like that. It's very QPR-esque.

What makes it galling is that 2 years ago that's exactly what we had.

I can understand wassall trying to be positive to lift the players, but............wtf.

there's a lot wrong and telling the players how great they are isn't going to put it right.

for example we are pushing the full backs really high which is risky, but the number of times we get it wide only for one or the other - christie especially. - to just belt it backwards to keogh just defeats the whole purpose. 

Thats just one example.

As for george......?

1 minute ago, timmo said:

Apart from Hughes, who's not playing, I wouldn't be sorry to see any other player go, simply not good enough 

I think I would just promote the entire U21 squad to the first team (including Bucco), but keep Carson in goal and give them a shot for the rest of the season.

Archived