title still in our own hands

B4ev6is

So just because i believe in them and i know that we can do it and always have. And always will maybe if some of you had same believe in them you shall see sink into the players like it did saturday

When everybody was firmly behind them made all the differance.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

So just because i believe in them and i know that we can do it and always have. And always will maybe if some of you had same believe in them you shall see sink into the players like it did saturday

When everybody was firmly behind them made all the differance.

Everybody was firmly behind them during McClaren's first season and they lost in the play off final. Everyone was behind them in McClaren's 2nd season and they managed to go from top of the league to 8th. Everybody is behind them this season and they've gone from top to 5th, 6 points behind (could be 9/10 if Hull or Boro win their games in hand).

I know you and others will always believe the fans play a massive part in whether Derby win or lose, but you 'believing in them' isn't going to make them win the league, just like it didn't in the past 2 years.

I have it on good authority that we are going to win every game from now on, storm the league and the open top bus is going on the tour of Derby and then sir Jake will drive all the way to Stockholm, where the squad will then romp to Eurovision victory. ITK.

If you add all the lines from B4 together in this thread we would have a song almost as inspirational as Steve Bloomers Watching :ph34r: but on a serious note, it's one thing to be optimistic now we've won a game, but to even think about winning the league is absurd, best we can hope for realistically is creeping into 2nd if those around us slip up. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

No it is not incorrect at all for crying outloud.

It is incorrect.  If we had 3/4 games in hand then it would be, but we don't.  This means all the teams above us have to lose a few of their games and us to keep winning. Neither of those things are guaranteed... Therefore your talking Betty Swallocks, as usual...

All B4 is saying is that if we all encourage and support the players every game then this positivity will give the players confidence and a confident team will play better and win more.

He just has a B4 way of saying it. Given what we know of him, it's up to us to translate his intentions and respond accordingly, not have a pop.

We have 14 games, win them all and we will be top 2

@B4ev6is you need to realise that it is NOT in Derby's hands at all.

The reason for this? Derby can win every remaining game they play, but still end up outside of the top 2.

For it to be in Derby's own hands, they would need to either be top having played no more games than those immediately below, or have games in hand over any team above, which having played the games in hand, winning would overtake. (ie 2 points behind with one game in hand, or 5 points behind with 2 games in hand).

As it happens, it's all in the teams above hands, as if they win, we CANNOT catch them!

Please think about that.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys the champership title still

In our own hands. The title fight is still on any teams who rule us out at there own risk. But i think us the fans still have a massive part to play this season. I think the lads started to sence we are believeing again in them again. Which brought out the fighting spirt out of them which is the derby way. Not knowing when we are beaten for rest of the season lets keep bringing it out of them. By having ipro rocking and also keep selling out away games weekends and midweek ones as well.

Amen B4. 

Archived