title still in our own hands

B4ev6is

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I see no reason why we cant do the same thing i think now chris martin has scored he will make up

For lost time and for a while things started to click again against brentford. 

I think you could be right about Derby going on a good run. Once these players start playing to their potential, like 7/10 or better, we will beat any team in this league. It's just that I cannot see 3 of the 4 teams above us choking. One will, maybe 2 could.

What do you think B4? Which of the teams do you think will choke and drop points?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For us to get anywhere near the top 2 I would think that we would have to break some sort of DCFC record for consecutive wins and whilst I am a firm believer in if it is still mathematically possible then it is still possible, I have to say that I also realistic to realize that it isn't going to happen. The play offs are going to be a big ask for us this season but if we get in them I reckon we will win it... Wednesday at Wembley...easy.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Look guys this is the message what home fans are giving and affecting lads mood. But were only 5 points off top for for godsake.

That was far enough away for Clement to get the sack

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys the champership title still

In our own hands. The title fight is still on any teams who rule us out at there own risk. But i think us the fans still have a massive part to play this season. I think the lads started to sence we are believeing again in them again. Which brought out the fighting spirt out of them which is the derby way. Not knowing when we are beaten for rest of the season lets keep bringing it out of them. By having ipro rocking and also keep selling out away games weekends and midweek ones as well.

It certainly brought the fighting spirt out of me when I saw the result #cumonyourams

I think most would say the top 9 are the only teams with a real chance of finishing in the top 6 at this point. Here is a list of the '6 pointers' remaining:

Birmingham vs Hull

Birmingham vs Brighton

Birmingham vs Burnley

Birmingham vs Middlesbrough

Brighton vs Sheffield W

Brighton vs Burnley

Brighton vs Derby

Burnley vs Cardiff

Burnley vs Middlesbrough

Cardiff vs Ipswich

Cardiff vs Derby

Cardiff vs Birmingham

Derby vs Hull

Derby vs Sheffield W

Derby vs Ipswich

Hull vs Sheffield W

Ipswich vs Hull

Middlesbrough vs Cardiff

Middlesbrough vs Hull

Middlesbrough vs Ipswich

Middlesbrough vs Brighton

Sheffield W vs Ipswich

Sheffield W vs Cardiff

Total '6 pointers' remaining:

Birmingham (5), Brighton (5), Burnley (4), Cardiff (6), Derby (5), Hull (5), Ipswich (5), Middlesbrough (6), Sheffield W (5)

A lot of these games take place during the final couple of weeks to the season so we'll see a lot of teams switching places. I think it's also worth noting Boro's last four games are all 6 pointers. 

So at this stage "anything could happen".

Derby have NO chance of winning the league. NO chance at all.

This team needs to win 12 of the last 14 games for that to happen. The same team that hasn't won more than three games on the spin since McClaren's first season.

And our team now is worse than that one.

We blew our chances by not taking more than two points from Birmingham, Reading, MK Dons and Preston at home. Not to mention failing to beat Charlton and Leeds at home plus Bolton away.

In a pish easy league, we've dropped a huge number of points against poor opposition,

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

This team needs to win 12 of the last 14 games for that to happen. The same team that hasn't won more than three games on the spin since McClaren's first season.

We blew our chances by not taking more than two points from Birmingham, Reading, MK Dons and Preston at home. Not to mention failing to beat Charlton and Leeds at home plus Bolton away.

In a pish easy league, we've dropped a huge number of points against poor opposition,

Futurama-Fry.jpg

I mean, I'm not optimistic and I admit it's ridiculously unlikely. But to contradict one sentence with your next is quite impressive. 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Futurama-Fry.jpg

I mean, I'm not optimistic and I admit it's ridiculously unlikely. But to contradict one sentence with your next is quite impressive. 

Of course, it's a figure of speech, but we have NO chance of doing it.

It's mathematically possible so you can't say that, but based on evidence of this team's capabilities, there is probably more chance of Villa staying up than this team winning the league.

56 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do you get paid to say that statement? And does it really matter? I agree that we won't win the league but we possibly still could make top 2 although it's a long shot. If we do follow with your favourite saying and fail to win four on the bounce for the rest of the season we could still maintain 3 wins and a draw in each group of 4 games. That would be 30+ points and that could be enough this season. Everyone has gone through a sticky patch and everyone seems to be slipping up here and there.

B4 you are my fav Derby fan,,, if Mel Morris's does read this board as is believed then Mel get hold of this lad and give him an out of this world match day experience , directors box tickets , meet the players , the whole works ,,, he is the Derby way

Archived