Albentosa Ball watching!

irobinson

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The best? Regularly makes the best defenders look silly? Are you sure buddy?

His record against Malmo, Espanyol and Shakhtar Donetsk is pretty insane (19 goals in six matches)

But his record against the better teams with better defenders like Atletico Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal makes for pretty grim reading (seven matches no goals).

Ronaldo is a flat-track bully. To be the best in the world, you have to do it against the best. He regularly doesn't.

Regularly no, but today he managed to do it against Raul :ph34r:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

His record against Malmo, Espanyol and Shakhtar Donetsk is pretty insane (19 goals in six matches)

But his record against the better teams with better defenders like Atletico Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal makes for pretty grim reading (seven matches no goals).

Ronaldo is a flat-track bully. To be the best in the world, you have to do it against the best. He regularly doesn't.

All teams are bound to put 2 men on Ronaldo when defending and close down insanely fast. Don't forget the better teams are more competent at doing so, therefore, whilst he may not be scoring goals against those teams he is still opening up the space for his team mates by having to have 2 defenders.

There are more ways to judge a footballer, especially a forward, than goals. Unfortunately FIFA games have caused people to believe that unless they're scoring 20+ goals a season, are a boarderline 100m sprinter and score every time they have a shot they are average. (Not saying you specifically but the mentality is being engrained into all of us)

Not bitter or any malice in there guys - he seems more comfortable playing at Malaga in the top flight in Spain.

What do we do if we go up - and what is the plan for him.

i agree with most people on here - he didn't really get a fair crack at it....but i suppose we will never see him back - probably just one of those things  - didn't work - wrong timing etc........

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't get it. Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world right now, if not the best! He regularly makes the best defenders in the world look silly, so why are you singling out Albentosa @irobinson ? It makes you seem very childish and bitter.

nope I am not. Just an observation

5 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

All teams are bound to put 2 men on Ronaldo when defending and close down insanely fast. Don't forget the better teams are more competent at doing so, therefore, whilst he may not be scoring goals against those teams he is still opening up the space for his team mates by having to have 2 defenders.

There are more ways to judge a footballer, especially a forward, than goals. Unfortunately FIFA games have caused people to believe that unless they're scoring 20+ goals a season, are a boarderline 100m sprinter and score every time they have a shot they are average. (Not saying you specifically but the mentality is being engrained into all of us)

Don't get me wrong, goals aren't the be-all and end-all of strikers. But in those games above, Madrid only managed to win one, draw three and lose three.

Ronaldo is an excellent goal scorer, but he's been overtaken on that scale by Luis Suarez who offers more both in terms of goals and general play.

I reckon he'll be lucky to be included in next year's Ballon d'Or top three.

Real Madrid are massively on the decline, they won't win anything this season, and Ronaldo is no longer a playmaker and is reliant on his teammates creating chances for him.

2016 will be Ronaldo's last year at the very top level. He'll be 32 in early 2017. Messi will go on for much longer as he doesn't rely on athletic abilities. He'll be a Xavi-type midfielder at 35.

49 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

oh here we go! Mr "I'm the only one who's opinion on Spanish football counts" has spoken!

This isn't about Ronaldo per se, it's about singling out Albentosa ffs!

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

oh here we go! Mr "I'm the only one who's opinion on Spanish football counts" has spoken!

This isn't about Ronaldo per se, it's about singling out Albentosa ffs!

When have I ever said you can't have an opinion? This is a forum, and as you wrote something - made a big statement - that interests me quite a bit, I thought I'd comment.

I'm sure if I wrote something quite outlandish like that on a different topic you'd have a say on it. Isn't that what forums are for? Don't get your knickers in a twist buddy.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

When have I ever said you can't have an opinion? This is a forum, and as you wrote something - made a big statement - that interests me quite a bit, I thought I'd comment.

I'm sure if I wrote something quite outlandish like that on a different topic you'd have a say on it. Isn't that what forums are for? Don't get your knickers in a twist buddy.

It's rather erm...outlandish to say that the comment 'Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world' is outlandish.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

On the basis that he won't be coming back to us then the better Raul does In Spain, the bigger fee we're likely to get - might even get back what we paid for him (plus a few pennies more!).

I saw somewhere a fee was agreed 1.2m euros but Malaga want to renegotiate the price. If Malaga's negotiating skills are anything like David Cameron's then we will most likely get 1.3m for him.

16 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Hopefully we can't re-negotiate and get him back looked above championship level today and in the process ballsed up my winning bet!!!

Surely it would be like our case with Ince last year. If Malaga want him and he wants to go, so long as they match the price there is nothing we can do about it. If they want, as has been sugested in the press, to renegotiate the price then we can refuse. As far as Albentosa wanting to come back, I think that we would have to be in the Premier because his game, supposedly, is more suited to there than the Championship. Even then I could understand it if he prefered to try his hand elsewhere, after all there were 12 clubs after him only a year ago.

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Surely it would be like our case with Ince last year. If Malaga want him and he wants to go, so long as they match the price there is nothing we can do about it. If they want, as has been sugested in the press, to renegotiate the price then we can refuse. As far as Albentosa wanting to come back, I think that we would have to be in the Premier because his game, supposedly, is more suited to there than the Championship. Even then I could understand it if he prefered to try his hand elsewhere, after all there were 12 clubs after him only a year ago.

I don't think that he would want to return.

Raul's best option is to stay in Spain surely.  Playing at a higher level of football, the style of play suits him better and it's his home so it's safe to assume the culture does do.  There is little doubt that he is eager to stay there. Good luck to the lad, i hope it works out for him.  And i hope we manage to get some money back! 

Archived