Albentosa Ball watching!

irobinson

6 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I'd like to see some of our fans go to another country and settle in and start performing 100% right away, different culture, different language, colder weather, finding kids new schools etc etc. its bad enough moving from one part of the country to the other, us humans don't like change, we prefer the status quo, so uprooting 1000s of miles is bound to have an effect on us. 

I though he did ok and would have improved over time, the language barrier couldn't have been much fun tbh.

I think quite a few of the posters on here could go anywhere and maintain their performance. Bull is bull in any language.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, irobinson said:

Ronaldo just ghosted in a scored with a header in the Malaga box......rock of who - just watching i!!

Dear oh dear. Bet you regretting for posting this then he went on and scored!!!

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Based on?

The fact that initially he and Mascarell had to pay for their own English language tuition - Mel was not happy that DCFC were apparently not trying everything in their power to break down was was essentially a communication barrier - instead, I got the impression that certain personnel withing the club didn't really give a toss.

Note: this is way before the Clement days.

16 hours ago, YouRams said:

He's fudging up my accumulator the banker 

******** albentoser ducked up my coupon aswell... was due 1k off a 50 quid bet.... all my other games were in including an away win in romanian league at 6-5, only one that cost me was this... thanks albentoser

39 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Ronaldo isn't happy with him either. Says that Raul elbowed him. After the game Raul said on the tv that these things happen and after the game it's all forgotten about. At that moment Ronaldo walked past him and if looks could kill....:D

If he's been smacking that little gobshite around then Raul is my new favourite player and should be brought back immediately. We can send him and Bucko round to Fawaz's next time he's slow paying us our cut of gate receipts.

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

******** albentoser ducked up my coupon aswell... was due 1k off a 50 quid bet.... all my other games were in including an away win in romanian league at 6-5, only one that cost me was this... thanks albentoser

Ouch couldn't write it could you! I'd had City on mine so luckily/unluckily Albentosa wasn't the sole coupon destroyer. 

11 hours ago, eddie said:

The fact that initially he and Mascarell had to pay for their own English language tuition - Mel was not happy that DCFC were apparently not trying everything in their power to break down was was essentially a communication barrier - instead, I got the impression that certain personnel withing the club didn't really give a toss.

Note: this is way before the Clement days.

That doesn't reflect very well on the club, I'd have thought the club would have a players officer to sort issues like that automatically. 

IMO - never make a decision until you have too. And we don't need to on Raul just yet, as:

1. we can find a buyer in the summer - if we are in the championship next year and he doesnt fit in -  just sell him

2 if we wanted to keep him - and he adds something to our squad (i.e. better defending and a right foot volley into the roof of the net! - and we could get promoted - we can do better to help him this time

3 he is our player - and if he keeps playing better - the price could go up

4 We could still get our Casternet, Spanish flag and Ole's going on a day out.....

20 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I'd like to see some of our fans go to another country and settle in and start performing 100% right away, different culture, different language, colder weather, finding kids new schools etc etc. its bad enough moving from one part of the country to the other, us humans don't like change, we prefer the status quo, so uprooting 1000s of miles is bound to have an effect on us. 

I though he did ok and would have improved over time, the language barrier couldn't have been much fun tbh.

Got to say this is one of the bib best myths in football....the "settling in to a new culture" rubbish.

I have lived in France, Switzerland, Germany and now the US of A, all very different from Gods country in many many ways and I did this without the assistance of being paid thousands and thousands of Euros/dollars a week and having a personal assistant and a football club doing everything for me. Then I had to find myself a job and all that goes along with that. Do you honestly think that Albentosa had to find a school for his kids? (if he has any?), find a new house, a new car, get his paperwork sorted etc etc etc of course he didnt, the only thing he had to remember was his football boots and by all accounts he forgot the insoles from them!!!

Just another excuse for footballers in general to hide behind. He was rubbish, in any language.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Got to say this is one of the bib best myths in football....the "settling in to a new culture" rubbish.

I have lived in France, Switzerland, Germany and now the US of A, all very different from Gods country in many many ways and I did this without the assistance of being paid thousands and thousands of Euros/dollars a week and having a personal assistant and a football club doing everything for me. Then I had to find myself a job and all that goes along with that. Do you honestly think that Albentosa had to find a school for his kids? (if he has any?), find a new house, a new car, get his paperwork sorted etc etc etc of course he didnt, the only thing he had to remember was his football boots and by all accounts he forgot the insoles from them!!!

Just another excuse for footballers in general to hide behind. He was rubbish, in any language.

Actually that was most of the problem, as mentioned by MM the club did very little to help him. He'd be good for us in the prem, if he wanted to come back. He's done very little wrong in La Liga this season. 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Actually that was most of the problem, as mentioned by MM the club did very little to help him. He'd be good for us in the prem, if he wanted to come back. He's done very little wrong in La Liga this season. 

No one did anything at all to help me and I managed just fine and still did my job well. He could have afforded a whole load of PA's to sort his stuff out, he only "works" a couple of hours every other day, there is absolutely no excuse for it other than he isn't a good footballer.

Just now, MuespachRam said:

No one did anything at all to help me and I managed just fine and still did my job well. He could have afforded a whole load of PA's to sort his stuff out, he only "works" a couple of hours every other day, there is absolutely no excuse for it other than he isn't a good footballer.

Well, he is a good footballer. So there must be another reason. Perhaps he's just not as independent as you?

Archived