Albentosa Ball watching!

irobinson

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MuespachRam said:

And what evidence do you have that he IS a good footballer....? I have plenty that he ISNT

Well his peformances all season for Malaga, his performances the season before for Eibar?  What evidence do you have other than the 9 appearances for Derby, in which every player on our team except Ince and Bent were equally bad? 

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

No one did anything at all to help me and I managed just fine and still did my job well. He could have afforded a whole load of PA's to sort his stuff out, he only "works" a couple of hours every other day, there is absolutely no excuse for it other than he isn't a good footballer.

You say this every time and you don't seem to get it, not everyone is as comfortable in a new culture as you.

I don't understand wheelchair ramps myself, I don't have any problem walking up the stairs.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Well his peformances all season for Malaga, his performances the season before for Eibar?  What evidence do you have other than the 9 appearances for Derby, in which every player on our team except Ince and Bent were equally bad? 

how many times have you seen him be this amazing player for Eibar and Malaga....go on, roughly how many minutes....let me guess...4..

and dare i suggest that one of the reasons we were so poor in the final third of the season was because he was playing... Did he even have one decent half for us? I would say he was ok against Norwich away, the rest, totally rubbish.. He even got dragged off at half time because Chesterfield were running him ragged... 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

how many times have you seen him be this amazing player for Eibar and Malaga....go on, roughly how many minutes....let me guess...4..

and dare i suggest that one of the reasons we were so poor in the final third of the season was because he was playing... Did he even have one decent half for us? I would say he was ok against Norwich away, the rest, totally rubbish.. He even got dragged off at half time because Chesterfield were running him ragged... 

Try again. 

EDIT: Also, I at no point said Albentosa was amazing. I said he was good. 

Well if Muespach can do it, so can everyone, because every single human being is exactly the same.

I know lots of people who have lived abroad and have settled in immediately. In fact most of them became fluent in the native language within an hour. One mate of mine forgot he was even English.

Muespach is right, it's just an excuse, and the fact that he personally has never been even slightly fazed by re-settling to a new country proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that every other person on the planet is just as remarkably brave, and that there is no such thing as having to adjust to a new culture.

Just move abroad and it's instantly home. No bother. Don't know why more people don't do it.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

You say this every time and you don't seem to get it, not everyone is as comfortable in a new culture as you.

I don't understand wheelchair ramps myself, I don't have any problem walking up the stairs.

That is the most ridiculous comparison ever and offensive too.

Albentosa had everything possible to make the "adjustment" to living in England as easy as possible. He had limitless money, he was surrounded by agents, PA, club staff that have all done it before and he had the other most precious of commodity he had time....LOTS of time.

I moved to France without speaking a word of the language whilst holding down a full time job and managed to get myself a house, a car and keep myself from starvation all by myself on a modest income in a country that shuts down at 5 o clock every night.....and I still managed to train to complete a full Iron Man but Albentosa couldn't manage to complete a full 90 minutes...!

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Well if Muespach can do it, so can everyone, because every single human being is exactly the same.

I know lots of people who have lived abroad and have settled in immediately. In fact most of them became fluent in the native language within an hour. One mate of mine forgot he was even English.

Muespach is right, it's just an excuse, and the fact that he personally has never been even slightly fazed by re-settling to a new country proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that every other person on the planet is just as remarkably brave, and that there is no such thing as having to adjust to a new culture.

Just move abroad and it's instantly home. No bother. Don't know why more people don't do it.

And thats just what I said.... not that with unlimited resources (which he had) that it was very very very easy to move abroad... all the "settling in" is total rubbish a massive excuse used by footballers. Igor drove up the A52 the wrong way when he first signed but by the end of the week he was leading us on our march to the championship.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And thats just what I said.... not that with unlimited resources (which he had) that it was very very very easy to move abroad... all the "settling in" is total rubbish a massive excuse used by footballers. Igor drove up the A52 the wrong way when he first signed but by the end of the week he was leading us on our march to the championship.

And there is where the problem lies. No one at the club compared him to Stimac, yes they went to a lot of bother to sign him but at no point said that he would be our new Spanish Stimac. The fans automatically started talking about him that way and so the expectation was huge. I'm sure he would be the first to say his style has nothing to do with Stimac's.

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

And there is where the problem lies. No one at the club compared him to Stimac, yes they went to a lot of bother to sign him but at no point said that he would be our new Spanish Stimac. The fans automatically started talking about him that way and so the expectation was huge. I'm sure he would be the first to say his style has nothing to do with Stimac's.

I wasn't comparing him to Stimac at all I was just saying he moved from a foreign country (which is such a HUGE thing to do) 

He was never going to be the next Stimac he wasn't ever going to be the new Dick Pratley.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I wasn't comparing him to Stimac at all I was just saying he moved from a foreign country (which is such a HUGE thing to do) 

He was never going to be the next Stimac he wasn't ever going to be the new Dick Pratley.

I never said that you personally were comparing him to Stimac, but many on here were. And lots now think that he's a Dick and a Prat-ley

9 hours ago, Anon said:

If he's been smacking that little gobshite around then Raul is my new favourite player and should be brought back immediately. We can send him and Bucko round to Fawaz's next time he's slow paying us our cut of gate receipts.

I think I love you. Well played, sir.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

No one did anything at all to help me and I managed just fine and still did my job well. He could have afforded a whole load of PA's to sort his stuff out, he only "works" a couple of hours every other day, there is absolutely no excuse for it other than he isn't a good footballer.

The entire world speaks English, or a variation on it so I don't think that you would have had that much of a problem anywhere. Neither did I on several jaunts working abroad -  and I even worked in Scouserland. However, the Spanish guy and the French guy who both worked with me in Redditch, and a couple of Indian guys who worked with me in Ireland, both struggled to communicate.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I've watched most of his matches for Malaga this season - EVERY Spanish game is shown over here now. I also saw EVERY minute he played for Derby County. He was excellent in the away game at Wigan.

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Did you go to Tranmere?

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

The entire world speaks English, or a variation on it so I don't think that you would have had that much of a problem anywhere. Neither did I on several jaunts working abroad -  and I even worked in Scouserland. However, the Spanish guy and the French guy who both worked with me in Redditch, and a couple of Indian guys who worked with me in Ireland, both struggled to communicate.

I lived in a village where not one person spoke any English at all, in the 7 years I lived there I only came across on person who had ever even met an English speaking person before. I am 100% sure that as "the entire world speaks English" that the donkey would have had some English before he joined? I didn't know how to count to 3 in French before I moved there.

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

I've watched most of his matches for Malaga this season - EVERY Spanish game is shown over here now. I also saw EVERY minute he played for Derby County. He was excellent in the away game at Wigan.

Excellent.....he must be a player then Edward if he could handle an away trip to relegated Wigan... I take it all back...

Archived