Derby County vs. Blackburn Rovers

AmericanRam

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

On the basis of one goal? One swallow doesn't make a supper. Stick with Bent, bring Martin on if required and re-evaluate in a game or two if necessary.

If we are going to push the midfielders further forward like we did on Saturday, we need Martin there to link the play and hold the ball. We don't need somebody that has 6 touches of the ball and constantly gets caught offside when we are in good attacking positions.

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Since Rhodes has left, Rovers next top goal scorer has 2 goals I believe... No pressure

In the league, correct but Ben Marshall has 5 goals in his last 6 games (4 in the fa cup 3 against Newport and Oxford) but only 1 goal for the rest of the season.

I fully expect Blackburn to park the bus tonight and hit us on the break, Rhodes is a big loss to them but let's not get carried away, they are still capable of scoring goals. My head is saying 0-0 here my heart 2-0 Rams.

we need to start early with a high tempo and score early if we want to win this. Brentford was a good result but we need to keep our confidence. The longer the game goes without a goal the more we will lose that confidence. The crowd have a big part to play tonight. Get behind the team stay behind the team and don't be negative even if we are not winning in the 89th minute. Believe and cheer them on 

COYR 

On 2/22/2016 at 21:45, duncanjwitham said:

Martin has always been a streaky scorer - even the last 2 seasons where he's been getting 20+, it's been 5 in 6 and then 5 without a goal.  He's been on a long goal drought, which he has just broken, so he should absolutely be in the team and given the maximum chance to turn that goal into a scoring run.  And it's not like bent has been banging them in either...

and for him (Martin) to provide assists, which he has not stopped doing.

The back five picks itself and for me Martin has to play as the fulcrum of our attacking options.  As for the other five places there's an argument for and against Hanson, Hendrick, Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, Ince, Russell, Blackman, Bent, Camara and Weimann so it's perm any five from eleven so "you pays your money and you takes your choice" typified by this thread.

Formations, systems, tactical configurations,three up front, two up front, holding midfield players, wingers, long ball, short ball, possession football, who knows. What I do know is that I'd like to see an increased attacking tempo, sharper passing, midfield movement past Martin, a back four operating further up the pitch, a concerted effort at closing down the opposition in their own half, convert our goal scoring opportunities, full backs bombing forward, a few clenched fists, crunching tackles, the crowd lifting the players and perhaps most importantly the players lifting the crowd and a performance that puts a smile on everyone's face, and oh yes....................three points!

Hi all new member here!

Went down to Brentford on Saturday and was obviously impressed with Wassall's changes later in the game and the fight that inspired the come back. Darren Bent had (yet another) starting chance which he did nothing with and now going into this evenings game, Chris Martin to start is a must for me. The footballing brain he possess in terms of movement, passing and hold up play is invaluable to our attacking shape as well as his lesser adored by fans 'gamesmanship' (diving/winding up opposing defenders) abilities that all sides who are competitive need in their side I feel and are invaluable to ours. (I'm sure all those fans who moan about him diving would be jumping up and down for joy if we scored from a resulting free-kick).  

Blackburn will not be easy opposition in my opinion and can see a 1 - 1 draw result tonight. Hopefully we can build on Saturdays result although, think we need a positive atmosphere in the stadium to help to lads to regain their confidence. I do fear however, if there isn't a Derby goal come the half time whistle, that the quiet night game atmosphere we have experienced during our poor run would become a problem at home for us again as the players play with less & less freedom through fear as the game progresses. Positive atmosphere can aid a positive result for me tonight! 

On Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 09:21, McLovin said:

Russell shows passion but that's about it. He is technically as good as a 12 year old.

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Hanson

Hendrick      Butterfield

Ince   Martin Blackman

I'd go with that line up ! 

Archived