Derby County vs. Blackburn Rovers

AmericanRam

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

He's not defensive mid. He's central midfield. If he was defensive mid he'd be just in front on keogh and shackell. I've got Tom Ince in an advanced stacking role. 

Playing a team without a defensive mid is a recipe for disaster. Non of those players in the midfield are defensive minded and if those full backs that you listed are playing we will get ripped to shreds every time blackburn get the ball on the counter attack

Your stating an opinion not a fact. As I am staying what team I would choose. I wouldn't have a dm because I don't rate Hanson and Thorne is injured. I would go with 3 cm. I don't know if you know much about tactics or formations but all 3 wouldn't be chasing the ball and making forward runs all at the same time. One may push one and two drop or vice verse hence having two strikers and one player in the free role means not all midfielders have to be hung Ho. Brain dead or what

Just now, Derbyram1983 said:

Your stating an opinion not a fact. As I am staying what team I would choose. I wouldn't have a dm because I don't rate Hanson and Thorne is injured. I would go with 3 cm. I don't know if you know much about tactics or formations but all 3 wouldn't be chasing the ball and making forward runs all at the same time. One may push one and two drop or vice verse hence having two strikers and one player in the free role means not all midfielders have to be hung Ho. Brain dead or what

Still doesn't work when natural inclination is to take the same space as the person next to you. This is why Hughes/Bryson/Hendrick were always absolutely pants playing together, despite all being great players. Can't just shoe-horn players together because they're the best players.

3 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Carson christie keogh shackell olsson hanson hendrick bryson johnson butterfield martin.... 5 centre mids as your midf 5... wingless wonders all interchanging :ph34r:

The wingers are ****. Bit of a diamond formation. Ever heard of choosing a formation around your best players? The stupid formation we've been playing for weeks doesn't work 

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

Still doesn't work when natural inclination is to take the same space as the person next to you. This is why Hughes/Bryson/Hendrick were always absolutely pants playing together, despite all being great players. Can't just shoe-horn players together because they're the best players.

Did t work before when we've played 1 striker, here were playing 2 with ince in support. I've never known us to play this formation with this set of players so how do you know if you can't tell the future? This was an opinion I had for the formation as wingers aren't playing well so why play them. 

3 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Did t work before when we've played 1 striker, here were playing 2 with ince in support. I've never known us to play this formation with this set of players so how do you know if you can't tell the future? This was an opinion I had for the formation as wingers aren't playing well so why play them. 

No one has been playing well, so why don't we change everyone?

10 hours ago, MK said:

And not play Martin? I think we could be about to see a serous return to form from him - would be crazy to risk jeopardising this.

On the basis of one goal? One swallow doesn't make a supper. Stick with Bent, bring Martin on if required and re-evaluate in a game or two if necessary.

28 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

On the basis of one goal? One swallow doesn't make a supper. Stick with Bent, bring Martin on if required and re-evaluate in a game or two if necessary.

Martin has always been a streaky scorer - even the last 2 seasons where he's been getting 20+, it's been 5 in 6 and then 5 without a goal.  He's been on a long goal drought, which he has just broken, so he should absolutely be in the team and given the maximum chance to turn that goal into a scoring run.  And it's not like bent has been banging them in either...

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Martin has always been a streaky scorer - even the last 2 seasons where he's been getting 20+, it's been 5 in 6 and then 5 without a goal.  He's been on a long goal drought, which he has just broken, so he should absolutely be in the team and given the maximum chance to turn that goal into a scoring run.  And it's not like bent has been banging them in either...

Agreed, Bent had his chance on Saturday and offered nothing, he was hardly in the game at all. 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Meh, OK, you've convinced me.

Archived