Derby County vs. Blackburn Rovers

AmericanRam

11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes of course. his first in 19 games from open play.

Those stats barely justify starting for a team trying to avoid the drop never mind a team wanting promotion.

I'd happily test if Martin has turned things around over playing Bent. 1 touch every 10 minutes for Bent against Brentford and it's not like that's an anomaly. He's been nigh invisible every time he's played. If you really don't want to play Martin, fine but play someone other than Bent. He's done even less. Sure, he's had less time but it's not like he's showed any signs at all of being able to do anything with more of it. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd happily test if Martin has turned things around over playing Bent. 1 touch every 10 minutes for Bent against Brentford and it's not like that's an anomaly. He's been nigh invisible every time he's played. If you really don't want to play Martin, fine but play someone other than Bent. He's done even less. Sure, he's had less time but it's not like he's showed any signs at all of being able to do anything with more of it. 

Linesman has seen him pretty easily.

Bored of the Martin argument, by far and away the best striker and the club and the best fit in the system we are best suited to playing - and scoring or not, he was still setting up all the goals we were actually scoring.

1 hour ago, Andrew James said:

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Olson, Hendrick, Butterfield, Johnson, Russell, Bent and Blackman. Bent causes Brentford problems on Saturday with his off the shoulder and should have scored. We then have further impact players off the bench - 

Are we that confident we only need 10 men :whistle:

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Do some digging you will see Bent is a proven goalscorer! 200 career goals. Its not a case of just dropping Martin it's a case of playing bent. I cant see Bent going 18 games without a goal if he started them all. So to answer you i don't want to play someone else instead of bent as i believe he is the best finisher we have.

For all i care play both but i would like to see bent have a good run in the team. it's the only way we can settle this little debate now isn't it.;)

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Do some digging you will see Bent is a proven goalscorer! 200 career goals. Its not a case of just dropping Martin it's a case of playing bent. I cant see Bent going 18 games without a goal if he started them all. So to answer you i don't want to play someone else instead of bent as i believe he is the best finisher we have.

For all i care play both but i would like to see bent have a good run in the team. it's the only way we can settle this little debate now isn't it.;)

Not sure what relevance goals scored 10 years ago have in 2016. Fact is with Bent playing, we don't score any of the goals we scored against Burnley, Man Utd or Fulham. 

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes, he's scored loads of goals in his career. Big whoop. I was begging for him to see time during Martin's slump. But he's just not there, lets be honest. He's not going to, at his age, suddenly become prolific again. I was so adamant that if we gave him time he would return to his goalscoring levels of his time with us on loan but the man can't even get a ******* touch, let alone score. 

If Martin's slump continues post Brentford then drop him, but unless Bent finally does something exlposive he's got to drop down the order himself because he looks **** right now. 

Don't know how Bent  can be so heavily criticised. He hasn't played 90 mins all season has he?

Started a handful of games. When he had a run in the team when Martin was injured last season he scored plenty.

He is getting older but still got a year or two i think. 

@Srg how many of those 3 games did we win? Bent didn't play in them either did he? So who knows what would of happened if he played.

Just give him a fair chance- let him start and play 90 mins. You can't call Martins form a slump and Bent **** when Martin has had 10x the game time- maybe Bent is rusty from the lack of time in the team:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Don't know how Bent  can be so heavily criticised. He hasn't played 90 mins all season has he?

Started a handful of games. When he had a run in the team when Martin was injured last season he scored plenty.

He is getting older but still got a year or two i think. 

@Srg how many of those 3 games did we win? Bent didn't play in them either did he? So who knows what would of happened if he played.

Just give him a fair chance- let him start and play 90 mins. You can't call Martins form a slump and Bent **** when Martin has had 10x the game time- maybe Bent is rusty from the lack of time in the team:ph34r:

You're placing far too much stock on who's the one finally putting the ball in the net.

I saw enough in the last half of last season to know, despite Bent scoring plenty, we weren't as good of a team.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

You're placing far too much stock on who's the one finally putting the ball in the net.

I saw enough in the last half of last season to know, despite Bent scoring plenty, we weren't as good of a team.

As i said before we need our striker scoring goals. If your number 9 doesn't score in 18 consecutive games from open play its very unlikely you will win the league. Against Bristol is probably the best performance we put in this season and that was with bent and ince in behind.

Martin has his goal now and Bent looks more in the plans of the management so lets just hope both can hit the ground running. Remember goals win games :)

Just now, Simsy said:

As i said before we need our striker scoring goals. If your number 9 doesn't score in 18 consecutive games from open play its very unlikely you will win the league. Against Bristol is probably the best performance we put in this season and that was with bent and ince in behind.

Martin has his goal now and Bent looks more in the plans of the management so lets just hope both can hit the ground running. Remember goals win games :)

Now I know you're trolling.

Archived