Derby County vs. Blackburn Rovers

AmericanRam

My Line Up for tonight would go:

Carson

Christie                 Keogh (c)                 Shackell                 Olsson

Hanson

Hendrick                 Butterfield

Ince                                                                                  Blackman

Martin

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Casio said:

My Line Up for tonight would go:

Carson

Christie                 Keogh (c)                 Shackell                 Olsson

Hanson

Hendrick                 Butterfield

Ince                                                                                  Blackman

Martin

I'd go for the same, but with Johnson in place of Blackman. Having a more defensively minded player out wide, who can tuck inside when we're short in the middle, gives Hendrick the freedom to create all kinds of problems for the opposition defenders.

28 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'd go for the same, but with Johnson in place of Blackman. Having a more defensively minded player out wide, who can tuck inside when we're short in the middle, gives Hendrick the freedom to create all kinds of problems for the opposition defenders.

I understand and take the point with having too many attacking minded players on the field however, I feel Brad gets a free ride in terms of getting in the starting line-up, no matter of his performance he will get a start. He was poor again on Saturday at Brentford from what I saw (giving the ball away by playing a harsh pass to a young Jamie Hanson playing in a delicate & vital position) which winds me up considering his experience and own failed experience playing in defensive midfield himself. 

He gives the ball away and to me doesn't have much at all of a footballing brain, which is a massive liability. I'm not saying he won't get back to his initial form when signing where he was impressive, just feel he needs a good few games on the bench as his performances are not good enough for a start.

4 minutes ago, Casio said:

I understand and take the point with having too many attacking minded players on the field however, I feel Brad gets a free ride in terms of getting in the starting line-up, no matter of his performance he will get a start. He was poor again on Saturday at Brentford from what I saw (giving the ball away by playing a harsh pass to a young Jamie Hanson playing in a delicate & vital position) which winds me up considering his experience and own failed experience playing in defensive midfield himself. 

He gives the ball away and to me doesn't have much at all of a footballing brain, which is a massive liability. I'm not saying he won't get back to his initial form when signing where he was impressive, just feel he needs a good few games on the bench as his performances are not good enough for a start.

He set up the winning goal. He's a defensive and aerial powerhouse. The odd stray pass is fine by me, because he makes up for that in so many other ways. No No No No to the Bench for Bradley Fighting Vehicle. He's a starting player and is due a goal tonight.

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He set up the winning goal. He's a defensive and aerial powerhouse. The odd stray pass is fine by me, because he makes up for that in so many other ways. No No No No to the Bench for Bradley Fighting Vehicle. He's a starting player and is due a goal tonight.

Aerial powerhouse? Not sure on that one but hope your correct regards the goal pal.

Very tough game this one. Hopefully we can pull off a win, somehow. Yet again, expectations have got the better of us. 

They got a great result at Boro not too long back. Big test for Wassall tonight. 

Hopefully Derby do the hard work for him and get us a win.

Line up bingo time 

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shacks, Ollson, Hanson, Buttercup, Hendrick, Russell, Martin and Ince. 

I'd like to see more of Hanson tbh, he played well first half against Brentford but looked tired 2nd half before being subbed after 50odd minutes, that's been our problem this season, lack of speed and looking shattered after 65 minutes, if Wassell improves the fitness alone he's done well imo, we do look a bit fitter already.

20 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Olson, Hendrick, Butterfield, Johnson, Russell, Bent and Blackman. Bent causes Brentford problems on Saturday with his off the shoulder and should have scored. We then have further impact players off the bench - 

Is that the same bent who only had 6 touches of the ball on Saturday including kick off  same team that finished sat for me 

3 hours ago, Anon said:

That's fine if we're playing a 442, but it's unnecessary in a 433.  Hanson is there specifically to give Butterfield and Hendrick licence to get forward.  The wide forwards in a 433 (at least the way we play it) need to be quick, to stretch teams, and create space for the midfielders and Martin to link up.

Have to play bent you can't give martin 18 games without a goal and then drop bent after just 1 game without a goal.

Say what you want about his performance on saturday but he pushes defences back he isn't there to have 20- 30 touches. Martin is so slow it allows defenders to have a higher line. So yeah give Bent a fair run in the team, Martin had more then a fair run and under performed.

Just now, Simsy said:

Have to play bent you can't give martin 18 games without a goal and then drop bent after just 1 game without a goal.

Say what you want about his performance on saturday but he pushes defences back he isn't there to have 20- 30 touches. Martin is so slow it allows defenders to have a higher line. So yeah give Bent a fair run in the team, Martin had more then a fair run and under performed.

You're aware Martin scored against Brentford, right? 

45 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Olson, Hendrick, Butterfield, Johnson, Russell, Bent and Blackman. Bent causes Brentford problems on Saturday with his off the shoulder and should have scored. We then have further impact players off the bench - 

You'll have to remind me of the problems he caused and when he should of scored? Didn't even have 1 chance by my memory? 

11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes of course. his first in 19 games from open play.

Those stats barely justify starting for a team trying to avoid the drop never mind a team wanting promotion.

So, given he's the most prolific striker we've had in my living memory - and I'd guess yours too - you're willing to throw him aside for not scoring in a team which as a whole was playing horrendously, leaving him completely isolated? Just to put someone in who doesn't fit the system at all, and has shown literally nothing since about this time last year?

Archived