Clement gone.

Rev

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

There being a "player revolt" per say. Mel wasn't happy but most importantly the players weren't happy. Mel would NOT have sacked Clement and would have kept to his word but a lot of the players personally went to Mel and complained.

Just assuming for one silly second that this is true, Mel would still be in the wrong for giving in to player power. No player should be going over the Head Coach's head. If Mel and Sam truly believed the guff they were spouting about their faith in Clement, they would not have sacked him because the players say so.

So either there was a player revolt and he got the sack for this, in which case we have the most toxic work environment for a manager in the entire league. Or it's not true at all and Mel has sacked him for having us in 5th.

Both possibilities are equally as abhorrent.

I'm glad we never had that draconian review Mr. Rush, thanks for that pal.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

The one obvious candidate hasn't been mentioned  An out of work manager who had

Swansea playing a passing game.

I give you-Gary Monk....dadeda

Wasn't his non-winning streak worse than Clements', albeit in a higher league?

Mel Morris is a ******* idiot, no better than that **** Fawaz down the road.

If you are going to sack a manager after 8 months, at least have a quality experienced replacement lined up. Instead, we are landed with another untried coach till the end of the season.

If this is how he intends to run our club he can **** off back to his Candy Crush empire and take his money with him.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Did someone interview all the players and staff this morning and this is the result? Wild and ridiculous idea for sure.

If Rush goes then we would have a super- meltdown, a phrase wot I just invented.:D

I think you may need to change your avatar soon young Rampage looking at the responses directed at young Mel of the candy crush empire :D

Just now, McLovin said:

I think you may need to change your avatar soon young Rampage looking at the responses directed at young Mel of the candy crush empire :D

He need only change the word 'guy'. Replace it with any word of his choosing. I can think of a few.

The Fulham game sealed his demise imo:

5 changes at this stage of the season.

Bench full of his(?)signings.

The ridiculous post match comments about the players only pass it forwards if it's sure to reach a team mate... how much are they paid?!

PC agreed to improve our style of play, was heavily backed but reneged on the agreement. Mel acted before the attendances dropped to the Clough days, a business decision.

Gary Rowett please...

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Mel Morris is a ******* idiot, no better than that **** Fawaz down the road.

If you are going to sack a manager after 8 months, at least have a quality experienced replacement lined up. Instead, we are landed with another untried coach till the end of the season.

If this is how he intends to run our club he can **** off back to his Candy Crush empire and take his money with him.

Shocking outburst absolutely shocking! If i was mel id pm you abuse :p

2 hours ago, HKRam said:

is needed, and the only thing we can change is the head coach. 

Wait and see how things are going to improve. It's called regression to the mean so things are going to improve -- and I hope the regression lasts till the end of this season. 

Probably get the lawyers in like he has done before....

51 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

Let's have a MM quote from the Season Ticket renewal letter shall we, sent out LAST WEEK.

"On the pitch, we've seen progress in both individual players and the team in Paul's first season as our Head Coach. We've seen him develop and evolve in his role and I am sure he will continue to be one of the outstanding coaching talents of his generation - and we've reaped the benefits of his work when you look at the team's performance."

Either this is the Matrix (I'll stay in my pod thanks) and some code got mixed up somewhere, or something serious, and quick, has gone on behind the scenes.

Haven't even bothered to open mine. That's unbelievable.

For what worth I think today's events have diminished the Club and made us look "grubby".

None of us know what has gone on behind the scenes, and probably never will, and therefore in the absence of fact we only have perception (and as a consequence rumour).

It has been evident to many that "something hasn't been quite right" for a while, with our flat performances on the field, and some of the selections, having been baffling and disappointing. I am not here to defend PC, nor would I want to, but given his rookie status and previous glowing comments from Mel the least he should have been given was some time and supportive backing to deal with the underlying issues. A good Club would have given him a full season to learn from and rectify mistakes, and undertaken a full and proper review after 46 (or 49) games. He made a big decision wanting to come to us back in the Summer, and I think we look like we have betrayed him at the first sign of crisis.

Mel may have had good reasons for removing PC, but even if he did IF HE IS NOT GOING TO BE CLEAR WHY (other than posting up corporate sound bites) it is going to look very much like a knee jerk, grasping decision to a great many of us fans, and the footballing family more generally. Coming so soon after his dressing room intervention Mel is looking reputationally damaged by this recent turn of events.

The players too should not escape mention. There are clearly a number within our squad who have not given of their best over recent months. The reasons why might be different for many of them, but when wearing the black and white I expect  100% effort. I am not sure we or PC have had that of late.

I personally think this was the wrong decision today, although that is not to say that it might not have a positive out turn. As I said earlier, my bigger concern is that we look grubby tonight, and l really am not happy about that.

I liked Clement. Talked sense, came across well, but the football side of it hasn't been great.

I'd have liked to see him given more time.

Wassall to the end of the season? This is what worries me now!

Were 5 point off auto's... lets go for it, i'm not sure Wassall has it in the bag to be honest.

8 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Shocking outburst absolutely shocking! If i was mel id pm you abuse :p

Morris seems to be running this club like its his personal plaything and is going to turn us into a Forest-like laughing stock - shameful decision to get rid of a manager after 8 months with us 5th in the league. I stand by what I say - he's a ******* idiot.

Archived