Victor Anichebe

Bris Vegas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Reports going around he has rejected a move to Derby

Not sure where they've come from exactly, will dig around

Surely this counts as hearsay without any credible link? Usually I'm fine with any htc sources as while they're hit and miss they do have some credibility, without any actual reports this is the kind of thing that usually gets locked.

Apologies for being pedantic but this does seem like just throwing rumours out.

18:33JAMES NURSEY

Yet MORE West Brom striker news

Victor Anichebe has snubbed a loan move to Championship Derby and is preparing to quit West Brom on a Bosman this summer.

The Nigerian international striker,27, is out of contract at The Hawthorns in July after a £6million move from Everton in 2013.
He was handed a chance to drop down a division to join promotion hopefuls County for regular games but has decided against it.
Despite making just two league starts for the Baggies this term, Anichebe is willing to stay at Albion until the summer and quit on a lucrative Bosman when he hopes to stay in the top-flight.

Action Images via Reuters / Alex Morton

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Victor Anichebe has snubbed a loan move to Championship Derby and is preparing to quit West Brom on a Bosman this summer.

I'm not particularly bothered he rejected us, if he did. If anything I'm happy about it. But this bit really doesn't make sense on his part. If you're preparing to quit because you're not getting game time, why would you not move on loan to another club to get some game time and put yourself in the shop window for offers in the summer? Realistically he's not going to get a loan move to many clubs better than us.

If true, what this does say is that we may bring in a striker on loan very true. If we were in for Anichebe and he's said no, I expect we've moved on to a different target. Adding a little bit more writing on Darren Bent's wall.

30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Reports going around he has rejected a move to Derby

Not sure where they've come from exactly, will dig around

Nice to get some good news for a change. Strong and pacey but couldn't trap wind! Not even sure he's as good as Connor.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

18:33JAMES NURSEY

Yet MORE West Brom striker news

The Nigerian international striker,27, is out of contract at The Hawthorns in July after a £6million move from Everton in 2013.
He was handed a chance to drop down a division to join promotion hopefuls County for regular games but has decided against it.
Despite making just two league starts for the Baggies this term, Anichebe is willing to stay at Albion until the summer and quit on a lucrative Bosman when he hopes to stay in the top-flight.

Action Images via Reuters / Alex Morton

I'm bloody glad he has 

15 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Surely this counts as hearsay without any credible link? Usually I'm fine with any htc sources as while they're hit and miss they do have some credibility, without any actual reports this is the kind of thing that usually gets locked.

Apologies for being pedantic but this does seem like just throwing rumours out.

Wasn't a HITC run, a colleague mentioned he was covering a report on it but that was an hour so ago and he then went offline. So I don't know where the initial report came from.

But Papahet has found it.

A loan move wouldn't have been bad for cover but if we actually signed him id be gutted. Sounds like he hasn't got the sort of attitude we want to help us out and he is happy to sit on a bench and pick up a wage until the end of the season 

Saying that knowing our current selection choices we were probably bringing him in as cover for keogh & shacks 

A strange thing about us is that we seem to keep being linked with the same players over and over again. Even stranger when their records and injury history are as terrible as Anichiebe's. It would be madness to go near him and if he is the answer, I fear there are many at the club with no idea what the question is.

Oh my goodness, just back from the pub and saw that, after entering panic mode and before checking my eyesight again reached for more alcohol, I know feel better After re reading but disturbed to be linked to the most unavailable player in the last ten years.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sure we are daft enough to try and sign him, I thought that was a McLaren target? 

A Mclaren target is a Clement target, or Rush's, or Richards or Mels or F knows who :ph34r:Anyway glad it's fallen through 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just who is doing our scouting? 

When we took Clement on, foolishly I expected to see the odd gem from Madrid/PSG/Chelsea.

Instead we go for Anichebe from West Brom.

Isn't Mo Camara one? Make of that what you will. 

Edit: Not really that big was he :lol:

I think he is chief scout.

I do wonder if we scout further afield. When we look at the success we had signing the Italians, Croats, Costa Ricans etc, it suprises me that with Mel coming in as an old romantic he hasn't encouraged those types of signings. 

Not all our foreign imports were a success, but if you do get it right they tend to have more of a special feel about them.

Even Marco Reich had that excitement factor when we first got him. 

Archived