Victor Anichebe

Bris Vegas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Not a fan to be honest. Unless someone is out (Martin) then he is only a squad player in my opinion.

He wouldn't be a suitable replacement either as his touch is nowhere near as good as Chris'.

He'd be more suitable than Bent for the shape we play.

3 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

True but haven't we got an academy player that can offer a solution in this department?

We are trying to get promoted to the Premier League. Having to rely on players who haven't played a moment of league football wouldn't be too wise. In addition to that, none of the academy strikers are in the same mould as a Martin type forward.

6 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

So what? We have a Martin type forward and he isnt contributing much at the moment.

presume you missed the first time we had a midfield runner get beyond him in weeks on Friday night? But hey, ignore the fact he set up our last 2 goals.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

We are trying to get promoted to the Premier League. Having to rely on players who haven't played a moment of league football wouldn't be too wise. In addition to that, none of the academy strikers are in the same mould as a Martin type forward.

I honestly don't think Anichebe would make that much of a difference. I'd rather take a punt on an unknown quantity.

And if it is a choice between Bent and Anichebe I'd rather have Bent. He scores!

Yes I saw it but dont let that change the reality of what has gone on since the end of October.

My point was not to bash Martin but to bash this constant posting that we need a player in the Martin mould. IF the actual Martin cant do the business in this team how is a forward in the same mould going to do it 

2 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Yes I saw it but dont let that change the reality of what has gone on since the end of October.

My point was not to bash Martin but to bash this constant posting that we need a player in the Martin mould. IF the actual Martin cant do the business in this team how is a forward in the same mould going to do it 

Because the whole system we play is built that way, what would the point be in signing say a striker to imitate someone like Earnshaw used to be to play in this system? Wouldn't work.

Just now, RicME85 said:

It still makes no sense.

Why buy an inferior product to when the best man for the job cant do the business?

Because form is temporary and class is permanent.

Or are you saying Eden Hazard is ***** too?

bash-head.gif

Christ this Martin defence is embarrassing. 

I AM NOT BASHING MARTIN.

Can you not see my point is that if the TEAM isnt able to produce opportunities for Martin to score...how is an inferior player of the same mould as Martin going to be any better.

6 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

bash-head.gif

Christ this Martin defence is embarrassing. 

I AM NOT BASHING MARTIN.

Can you not see my point is that if the TEAM isnt able to produce opportunities for Martin to score...how is an inferior player of the same mould as Martin going to be any better.

It's a very good point! It's the system that is at fault, or at least 9 of those that play in it.

23 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

It's a very good point! It's the system that is at fault, or at least 9 of those that play in it.

Don't think you can automatically discount either though really...

Martin has been cutting a very isolated figure this season... wingers too far away and no-one from the middle getting close enough to support him... BUT that said... He was still bagging goals at the start of the season when this was also the case...

I think the Birmingham game showed how isolated Martin has been all season... Blackman just played an entirely separate game from the rest of the side for 80 mins... Cos no-one came anywhere near him... Just lumped the ball at him and expected him to get it back to them... Think they've been spoilt by Martin's capacity to do that...

Can't see why we would go for someone as poor as Anichebe, when we are paying Bent to sit around and do nothing on a matchday. 

Why would anyone in their right mind want Anichebe? If this is true then someone needs to have a word with the recruitment people. 

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think he is chief scout.

I do wonder if we scout further afield. When we look at the success we had signing the Italians, Croats, Costa Ricans etc, it suprises me that with Mel coming in as an old romantic he hasn't encouraged those types of signings. 

Not all our foreign imports were a success, but if you do get it right they tend to have more of a special feel about them.

Even Marco Reich had that excitement factor when we first got him. 

I would say exactly the opposite. For every good foreign signing we have had, we could probably make 3 or 4 bad ones.

Much more special to me to see local talent doing well.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would say exactly the opposite. For every good foreign signing we have had, we could probably make 3 or 4 bad ones.

Much more special to me to see local talent doing well.

Homegrown talent tends to cost a bit more though... I'd like to see us take a few more punts like we did on the likes of Eranio., Baiano, Wanchope, Poom etc... It's why I totally defend the signing of Albentosa... £500k is well worth a try... He's obviously a decent player (hence being picked up by a La Liga side) who didn't settle right here...

57 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Homegrown talent tends to cost a bit more though... I'd like to see us take a few more punts like we did on the likes of Eranio., Baiano, Wanchope, Poom etc... It's why I totally defend the signing of Albentosa... £500k is well worth a try... He's obviously a decent player (hence being picked up by a La Liga side) who didn't settle right here...

Homegrown talent is free if your academy is doing a good job...

Not sure what the obsession with foreign players is personally.

Archived