Are you excited about tonight's game

Boycie

Up for it?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

No, I am worried that with all the UTD talk, LVH will put out all their big guns tonight - god help us.............

they did against Sheffield Utd last round... would hardly be a surprise.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Srg said:

they did against Sheffield Utd last round... would hardly be a surprise.

I am worried that we are so fragile in all areas at the moment, that unless we put in a good performance regardless of the score, our confidence will collapse like last season.

The performances against Fulham, Leeds, Boro, Reading, Brum and Burnley have not been great, so a good performance tonight is all that really needs to be done, after all we are not going to win the dam thing - getting back in the promotion race is the only priority. 

Of course I am looking forward to it. As much as I didn't want anything to do with te FA Cup this season we have gone and drawn the biggest club in the competition at home and it's on a Friday night on the telly....what's not to look forward to..? 

I don't buy into the "average" united team they are the 5th best team in the country a very very fine team indeed, one that we will have to be on it to beat. 

Mans to top it off we will get to sign one of the best songs in football....

"we're on the March with Clememts army"

after i have typed all this my knee have gone all trembly...I'm on my way to Wembley..

3 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

The exact same. Of course I'm happy when we win but I haven't even gone to a game this season. Heck I ain't even listened to one on the radio.

While I admire your morals, to say we have no team spirit due to the players we've signed this season is a little daft.  Without a good team spirit we may not have won half the points we have.  Bolton's squad may well have a great team spirit and spend every 3rd Sunday at Darren Pratley's house getting wasted and playing Pie Face together but they're still crap.  You need skill and technique to go with grit and determination...

4 minutes ago, robglosta said:

If you aren't, you're totally wasting your money. It's a game against one of the most famous teams in the world, on our patch, on TV. 

It's not a league game, so you can relax a little more and we should have enough to at least give them a game. 

I've seen us play them loads of times home and away and couldn't give a monkeys how famous they are. I look forward to watching Derby play and hopefully beat whoever we are playing.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've seen us play them loads of times home and away and couldn't give a monkeys how famous they are. I look forward to watching Derby play and hopefully beat whoever we are playing.

I agree with this point of view. I go to watch Derby try and win games, doesn't matter if we're playing Man Utd or Southport.

I am excited because everyone is aware of and talking about it, which they wouldn't be if it was a Championship fixture. It's good to be in the public consciousness for a while.  

Like @StockholmRam and I suspect many others on here I recall that horrible day at Hillsborough so games against Man Utd always have a little added spice.

So Rams, please give a good account of us tonight and I will be happy (win or lose!)

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

I just can't agree with this point. Are you honestly telling me it is not even slightly more interesting to see the team play against some of the best players in the world - every now and then? That's the entertainment of the cup, something you don't see week in week out.  

I doubt many football supporters in the lower leagues would share this viewpoint. 

I woke up at 6, took the dog for a walk on the beach then made a kale and apple juice...and felt a million miles from the greatest city on gods green...then I watched a load of you tube clips of classic 80's/90's Rams, the movie Football Factory and now I am listening to Cock Sparrer...and feeling much more in touch with my roots..! Can't wait for the game now. 

Archived