Are you excited about tonight's game

Boycie

Up for it?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

The fault of the Clough years was the tactics. Once McLaren came in it was the difference between night and day.

He tweaked the team while adding quality but still kept the strong team bond.

Now we have just chucked all that hard work in the bin and gone full QPR.

Was this your opinion 10 games ago???

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - a game between sides managed by cautious managers who will follow a safety first policy in order to prevent themselves coming under greater pressure. They have just a bit too much quality to give us much of chance, but are themselves so tedious to watch.

Too many day trippers in our stands, too many potentially drunk away supporters for the evening to pass off safely. Add to that the feeling of being fleeced for the tickets.

I'm way more excited about watching the Preston game on Tuesday.

It has all the potential to be one of the great moan-offs as two sets of disillusioned fans of two out of sorts teams go head-to-head.

Which teams fans will muster the loudest rendition of "you're getting sacked in the morning..."?

Who will win the coveted "first fan out of the stadium" award if it descends into a 0-0 borefest?

Me, I'm going to cheer myself up by watching it in the local. Which is run by the most miserable Baggies-supporting bunch of west midlanders you could meet.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

It has all the potential to be one of the great moan-offs as two sets of disillusioned fans of two out of sorts teams go head-to-head.

Which teams fans will muster the loudest rendition of "you're getting sacked in the morning..."?

Who will win the coveted "first fan out of the stadium" award if it descends into a 0-0 borefest?

Me, I'm going to cheer myself up by watching it in the local. Which is run by the most miserable Baggies-supporting bunch of west midlanders you could meet.

We could combine voices in a rousing chorus of "we're **** and we know we are"

Just now, Srg said:

We could combine voices in a rousing chorus of "we're **** and we know we are"

To hear a full stadium sing that would actually be amazing. 

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nice idea.

Or alternatively, both sets could simultaneously belt out "who are ya" to the collection of reserves and youths that Manure will probably send out.

In all seriousness, it'll be their first team. This is pretty much all they have to play for.

Just now, Srg said:

In all seriousness, it'll be their first team. This is pretty much all they have to play for.

Some of their bench players will likely be replaced by people like Perreira(sp?) but yeah, I expect it to be a pretty much first team XI (with the exception of the full backs as they currently have 5 FB's injured).

I'm looking forward to it IMO it's a much needed pressure free game. Also i like the fact that for once we are the underdogs and as Daveo says it has the potential to kick start a good run.

So long as we give a good account of ourselves i'll be happy. Plus i really like BBC coverage of FA cup games.

It's interesting that Van Gaal has said (in his usual cryptic way) that if they lose he will probably get sacked, not sure what affect that comment will have on his players. 

Just now, LauraH said:

I'm looking forward to it IMO it's a much needed pressure free game. Also i like the fact that for once we are the underdogs and as Daveo says it has the potential to kick start a good run.

So long as we give a good account of ourselves i'll be happy. Plus i really like BBC coverage of FA cup games.

It's interesting that Van Gaal has said (in his usual cryptic way) that if they lose he will probably get sacked, not sure what affect that comment will have on his players. 

Well more specifically he said it will "probably" get him sacked "for the fourth time" referencing the 3 times this season the media has come out saying he's about to be sacked/resign. 

If he loses, he will actually get sacked though. Man Utd fans I've spoken to are more than happy to miss out on their last real chance of any silverware this season to see LVG gone.

Unwelcome distraction. Really couldn't give a stuff as long as we don't pick up any injuries.

Lose 5-0 tonight & be fresh & fit for the Preston game, I'll be just fine with that.

Seriously considering not watching it on TV. If I do, then I'll start to care about it and I don't want that for this game.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If he loses, he will actually get sacked though. Man Utd fans I've spoken to are more than happy to miss out on their last real chance of any silverware this season to see LVG gone.

I live up here surrounded by Utd and City fans (it's as horrible as it sounds) and yeah they say the same.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Unwelcome distraction. Really couldn't give a stuff as long as we don't pick up any injuries.

Lose 5-0 tonight & be fresh & fit for the Preston game, I'll be just fine with that.

Seriously considering not watching it on TV. If I do, then I'll start to care about it and I don't want that for this game.

Check out partyboy over here. Anyone else just feel the life being sucked out of the room?

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

In terms of domestic silverware yes. However, I suspect the moneymen at United will have told LVG to prioritise the Chumps League next season and hence top 4. So I do not expect this competition to be their #1 priority.

Do FA cup winners get a spot in Europa League or is there now no competition for them at all?

Just now, HantsRam said:

In terms of domestic silverware yes. However, I suspect the moneymen at United will have told LVG to prioritise the Chumps League next season and hence top 4. So I do not expect this competition to be their #1 priority.

Do FA cup winners get a spot in Europa League or is there now no competition for them at all?

FA Cup winners can get in the Champions League depending on other League positions etc

Archived