Are you excited about tonight's game

Boycie

Up for it?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purchased a home making pizza kit yesterday... Not sure which I'm getting out of my chair faster for!! 

My first major disappointment with DCFC was against these at Hillsbrough all those years ago. The day I realized that supporting my team might not be all rosy in the garden after all. There is still an 11 year old lad inside me weeping on the steps of Hillsbrough and on the bus home. About time we put one over on this lot in the FA Cup. I believe that we have lost every FA cup tie we have ever played against them!! 

I will be watching while scoffing pizza and hoping we can do them... 

6 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

. About time we put one over on this lot in the FA Cup. I believe that we have lost every FA cup tie we have ever played against them!! 

we beat Newton Heath in 1897 but lost every time since then, nailed on win then

The FA Cup does nothing for me but a chance to beat Man Utd on the telebox is a huge opportunity for a much needed morale boost for the players and fans.

This could be the game to kick start our run in so for that reason I'm excited as listening to LVG this will be no weak side tonight, he needs the win so it would be a real scalp.

Getting smashed tonight would see this forum and social media going into meltdown, this team isn't ready for the Premier League, imagine watching that week in week out, which players are Premier League quality....totally ignoring the fact we would have a transfer window to deal in before the season started and we wouldn't be facing Man Utd each week.

Really not bothered.

I mean I'll watch it on TV with my mate who's a Man Utd fan and i'd love bragging rights. But this club is going down a path I don't like and I have no loyalty to the current crop of players except a handful.

Even when we were ***** I had more of an interest than I do now.

7 minutes ago, Daveo said:

The FA Cup does nothing for me but a chance to beat Man Utd on the telebox is a huge opportunity for a much needed morale boost for the players and fans.

This could be the game to kick start our run in so for that reason I'm excited as listening to LVG this will be no weak side tonight, he needs the win so it would be a real scalp.

Getting smashed tonight would see this forum and social media going into meltdown, this team isn't ready for the Premier League, imagine watching that week in week out, which players are Premier League quality....totally ignoring the fact we would have a transfer window to deal in before the season started and we wouldn't be facing Man Utd each week.

Plus it's a well needed break from league games for both the fans and players!

The result doesn't matter, just the performance. Providing they show them no respect, are confident in their approach and have desire i'll be very happy!

Prediction 2-1 Derby!

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

Really not bothered.

I mean I'll watch it on TV with my mate who's a Man Utd fan and i'd love bragging rights. But this club is going down a path I don't like and I have no loyalty to the current crop of players except a handful.

Even when we were ***** I had more of an interest than I do now.

My loyalty has always been to the club not the players.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

My loyalty has always been to the club not the players.

My point being is that the players we had during the Clough and McLaren years played for the Derby shirt. We didn't always have the talent but they put everything into it.

Now we have the talent but they don't feel privileged to play for the club.

Just now, GeneralRam said:

My point being is that the players we had during the Clough and McLaren years played for the Derby shirt. We didn't always have the talent but they put everything into it.

Now we have the talent but they don't feel privileged to play for the club.

It's each to their own. My interest was at an all time low during those life-sapping Clough years.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

It's each to their own. My interest was at an all time low during those life-sapping Clough years.

The fault of the Clough years was the tactics. Once McLaren came in it was the difference between night and day.

He tweaked the team while adding quality but still kept the strong team bond.

Now we have just chucked all that hard work in the bin and gone full QPR.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

During the first Clough year I think I had a season ticket. By the time he was gone my following of Derby was reduced to seeing where they finished at the end of the season.

It's a great test against what is currently an average premier league team, if we are on our game it should be an evenly matched game.

however if we get a drubbing on our own turf it will be a clear indication that we are not ready.

we have spent a lot of money and I can't believe there is a whole lot more to come so what we have now will form the spine of the team next season.

we are still playing with 60% of the squad that Nigel put together, are we making progress ?

tonight will show us.

does the result matter ?

Probably not but it will affect the feeling around the club at the moment, the momentum is waining and it needs a boost.

I'm actually quite nervous about tonight. I could stomach a loss if we give a good account of ourselves but I fear a right tonking.

We've seen Boro stop them scoring this season so we know it can be done, I just wonder which Derby are going to show tonight, the one that sorted Hull out at theirs ? Or the one from our last few games. 

I'd love it if PC sent them out with a get into them approach but he might go for the patient **** about at the back hurting no one kind of thing we've seen all to often for my liking.

COYR.

Archived