Fans vs Cars

drgoodspeak

Just now, YouRams said:

I'm not condoning that at all, that's an idiotic thing to do but again from expierience people look like they're letting you out at times then will put their foot down just to be a t**t. Doesn't warrant smashing a window but again two sides.

Im with you there are two sides and all that but the very fact that they caused criminal damage does sort of suggest they were the aggresors, maybe not but not a clever thing to do.I would have stayed in the car, or if it was me walking i would have walked away.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This is one side of a story though, who's saying she wasn't giving verbal's to them as her husband is trying to start a fight? I didn't see it but there is always two sides to a story. I once got started on by a Norwich fan who had two little kids with him if I retaliated which side of the story do you think a paper would have written?

I could be completely wrong of course anyone on here see it?

There isn't always 2 sides to every story - that's nonsense!

See it all the time, sometimes drivers are a bit silly but a lot of the time people think they are all of a sudden invincible because they are in a crowd. Even people not in crowds just walk slowly in front of cars because it's a matchday. Both sides need to be sensible. My wife has had the car punched for just being at a junction before, makes me furious.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

50:50 in my opinion. I bet cars would boo just as hard, given the chance.

(EDIT: You should never repeat a bad joke twice. Thanks for life lesson, internet). 

It's never stopped me.

No excuse for the idiots escalating this to physical violence, but as a pedestrian who attends the match on foot, I simply don’t understand those people who sit in their cars and edge forwards into pedestrians on purpose. They clearly aren’t getting out of the Pride Park gridlock any quicker if you move forward two feet towards the stationery car in front of you.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Neanderthals.

Saying that, when some thugs hit your car, getting out and confronting them probably isn't the best idea.

Agreed. I would sit tight, lock the doors and video them.

What would be the point of confronting them anyway? They slap your roof, you get out and say what?

"I say my good man - please in future would you mind awfully not slapping my roof when I nearly run you over?"

The driver got out of his car and challenged the man and a fight took place which ended in the man falling to the floor.

He "challenged" him - that's his problem.

He "challenged" him to a fight, and then he lost the fight

What it is about English football culture that makes everyone so keen to get away? We have fans literally fighting to leave.

It's like the rush of the school bell, except nobody is forcing you to go to the football like they were with school. But maybe that's part of the problem. A lot of fans go as a force of habit rather than having a passion for the game.

Obviously the result provides some context here, but I don't get the fight for space between fan and car, or fan and fan. You'll get home. Just chill out.

13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

there should be signs on the approaches to PP area displaying that a game is in progress. Other grounds have them

Ha! Like at West Midlands Safari park. Keep your windows up, do not leave the car and do not make eye contact with the gorillas as some of them may attack

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Obviously not right ,but I have walked out of the Ipro and some dick as driven at me in a car in his haste to beat the traffic jams . So I guess it works both ways .

Was you on the pavement? If so, you should have got their registration number and reported them to the police. If you was walking on the road, it is you that is in the wrong.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was you on the pavement? If so, you should have got their registration number and reported them to the police. If you was walking on the road, it is you that is in the wrong.

Is that correct? I thought Pedestrians were allowed to cross the road if it was safe to do so. a row of stationery cars is pretty safe. If one then decides to drive at you, then you are not in the wrong. Cars are supposed to give way to pedestrians who are crossing the carriageway

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Is that correct? I thought Pedestrians were allowed to cross the road if it was safe to do so. a row of stationery cars is pretty safe. If one then decides to drive at you, then you are not in the wrong. Cars are supposed to give way to pedestrians who are crossing the carriageway

Well maybe I am technically wrong but not sure why anyone would assume it is safe to cross a road in a spot where there is a space that they know a car is waiting to drive into?

I park on the Velodrome car park and don't normally have a problem leaving the car park. There are loads of fans trying to cross the road at the entrance but there is normally a bit of intelligence & give & take from all there and not too much of an issue.

Where I do see problems is further on Royal Way and onto the A6 with nutter pedestrians running into the road to overtake others on the pavements. I've seen plenty of incidents with them getting nudged by cars and subsequent fall-outs.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Actually it was in the car park right next to the ground which I am sure you realise is joint cars and pedestrians.Last time I checked the highway code says pedestrians have right of way.

Having said that the nob deliberately pulled out as I was walking past  his car complete tosser.

Archived