Fans vs Cars

drgoodspeak

8 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

It was still slow going up rose hill street.

We used to park on one of those car parks round Cotton Lane/Russell Street area - a nice brisk 10 mnute stroll from the ground. It still took for ever and a day to get away, but leave before the end? Sod that for a game of soldiers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eddie said:

We used to park on one of those car parks round Cotton Lane/Russell Street area - a nice brisk 10 mnute stroll from the ground. It still took for ever and a day to get away, but leave before the end? Sod that for a game of soldiers.

Did you have to mix with the away crowd on the way back? They used to park their coaches at the back of the cop shop.

12 hours ago, ossieram said:

Did you have to mix with the away crowd on the way back? They used to park their coaches at the back of the cop shop.

Often. Saying that, we only parked there/drove in for night matches. For Saturday games it was the Trent bus and a skinful in the Sitwell Arms, then something similar in the opposite direction at night.

18 hours ago, LesterRam said:

It's sounds like bad form on both sides, the pedestrians didn't need to provoke the driver and the driver didn't need to get out the car to escalate the situation, the kids didn't need to see any of it :(

And that is one of the reasons that society is in the state it is in because people just accept other people damaging their property !

AS a taxi driver i understand the mans frustration having his car,damaged by a,thug,His action was criminal damage.

But by leaving the vehicle he made himself and his family vulnerable, i know it don't seem fair,But you have to cut your losses ,to take action is natural,but wrong.

I did the same once,got out and confronted a teenager for kicking my taxi,he ran off,while his mate stole my cab,.

The police found it in a car park damaged and my takings gone,Never left my vehicle again,

Still had the dent from the kick,takings gone from door panel,And more damage done while they ransacked the car.

BAD-MOVE     Stay in the vehicle cut your losses

3 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

And of course the performance and result had nothing to do with it.

If it did, why are we all not outside the ground kicking the crap out of cars and turning the West carpark into a scrap yard?

It happened because some people are bellends.

On 18 January 2016 at 17:52, drgoodspeak said:

Can imagine the reaction to this next statement, but I really don't care. I have only stayed to the final whistle once this season. The result? Ninety minutes added on to my journey home due to closing the road that runs parallel to the ground and increased traffic. Ninety minutes! First time I've had a season ticket and I took the Velodrome parking pass. I live in Leeds and doubling my journey time is not an option. I do feel a bit dirty, but I leave on 83 minutes every match and it works for me. On a night match I get home for about 2330, so no way am I adding that extra time.

Presumably the traffic management has always been like this though, so I can't see any changes coming.

Of course that is absolutely your prerogative, no issue with that.

have you considered changing your route home and not going via norwich ? I used to live in Leeds and often came to matches. Didn't take me over 6 hours to get back though.

I'm obviously missing something here.

people are surprised that there is congestion when 30000 people leave a small area all at the same time ?

others choose to park in touching distance of a 30000 seater arena and wonder why it takes some time to move freely afterwards ?

that a minority of our fans are complete cretins and always will be ?

is all this something new or might it not be fairly predictable ?

And in 99.99% of occasions ar'nt issues arising from the above avoidable if you choose them to be ?

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

If it did, why are we all not outside the ground kicking the crap out of cars and turning the West carpark into a scrap yard?

It happened because some people are bellends.

That's the point I was making (not well enough obviously). Some person or people coming out of the stadium acting like tossers because the performance/result was ****. Why can't they just get home, sulk in private or take it out on their families like the rest of us? If they can't they need to grow up or f**k off.

53 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

Of course that is absolutely your prerogative, no issue with that.

have you considered changing your route home and not going via norwich ? I used to live in Leeds and often came to matches. Didn't take me over 6 hours to get back though.

It doesn't take him 6 hours. This is a night match he's talking about not a 3pm kick-off. I also live in West Yorkshire and that's about right. We also have to leave a few minutes early otherwise my son would miss his last train home. Pride Park is worse than a lot of other grounds in my opinion when it comes to post-match congestion. There's no active traffic management that I can see, and they've made things worse by putting in an additional crossing near the Harvester when there's already a crossing 200yds further up and an underpass 200ys further down from it.

12 minutes ago, Bad Sheep said:

It doesn't take him 6 hours. This is a night match he's talking about not a 3pm kick-off. I also live in West Yorkshire and that's about right. We also have to leave a few minutes early otherwise my son would miss his last train home. Pride Park is worse than a lot of other grounds in my opinion when it comes to post-match congestion. There's no active traffic management that I can see, and they've made things worse by putting in an additional crossing near the Harvester when there's already a crossing 200yds further up and an underpass 200ys further down from it.

Why do you have to leave early if it's your son's train?

Archived