Fans vs Cars

drgoodspeak

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Hunt-Derby-County-fans-threatened-family-Saturday/story-28547975-detail/story.html?

Police are appealing for witnesses to an incident involving a group of Derby County fans and a family towards the end of Saturday's match against Birmingham City.

Between 4.40pm and 4.45pm a man was driving his silver-coloured car, with his wife and children inside, along Derwent Parade, Derby, in the direction of Wyvern Way.

Just before football stewards were about to close the road the driver gave way to some football fans crossing the road. As they did so a fan hit the bonnet of the car.

The driver got out of his car and challenged the man and a fight took place which ended in the man falling to the floor.

The driver's wife was threatened by the group and one of the crowd kicked the car. Another fan hit the windscreen of the car causing the glass to break.

The children ran from the car to the pavement and a passing woman looked after them. Police now want to speak to this woman to see if she can provide any further information to help the investigation.

The crowd of men were described as wearing Derby County colours and were all in their 40s and 50s.

Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Andrew Kendall-Edwards on 101 quoting crime number 2351/16.

To report crime anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

This kind of BS always does my head in.Just because I park in a DCFC car park, I apparently have to give way to pedestrians at junctions otherwise some brave fool cross behind my car and slaps the roof. Tools.

Yes we were all pissed off on Saturday, but the air was nasty after the game. People darting out in front of the car and then shouting abuse as if I was speeding etc.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously this behaviour isn't condoned but any car park in the immediate vicinity of the ground should be closed for 15-20 minutes to allow fans to disperse. The Velodrome car park, the units in and around the velodrome, the roads up to David Lloyd etc

Its only a matter of time before someone gets badly hurt by a car leaving and trying to be the fans walking in front.

It is a nightmare, i park in Toys r us and have to be so careful as people just step out in front of you and assume you can see them, when your watching for other cars too its really hard and im surprised no one has been badly injured.

Not sure about 50/50 on this one, if i was the driver i think i would have stayed put in the car, but even so it sounds like what happened after that there is no excuse no need to assault his wife then kick cause damage to the car, sounds like a bunch of idiots who cant stand the thought we lost.

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Obviously this behaviour isn't condoned but any car park in the immediate vicinity of the ground should be closed for 15-20 minutes to allow fans to disperse. The Velodrome car park, the units in and around the velodrome, the roads up to David Lloyd etc

Its only a matter of time before someone gets badly hurt by a car leaving and trying to be the fans walking in front.

Normally the car parks are closed towards the end of the game to allow fans to disperse but the circumstances surrounding this game was a little different with those leaving considerably early significant in number, both by foot and by car.

That said, what a massive over-reaction from the blokes involved. Totally unnecessary.

People are ******* stupid. Like proper stupid. Poor kids.

What you get is knobs walking that think cars have to stop because well, it's football innit? Everyone knows the road is for pedestrians on match day. How dare these cars not wait until 20,000 people have crossed the road. 

And you get the knobbers in cars who aren't going anywhere because of traffic and when they see people walking in front they roll forward just to be a cnut.

It's the same species of idiot that sees a car pulling out and then puts their foot down to make it seem like the car pulled out in front of the idiot. Then he beeps and rants and ***** his pants if you pull over.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

You cant call the blokes down because his wife and kids were there when he left the vehicle to confront them. Cars are in a rush, pedestrians forget its a road happens every week.

you can when they start threatening her and kicking and smashing the car

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

you can when they start threatening her and kicking and smashing the car

This is one side of a story though, who's saying she wasn't giving verbal's to them as her husband is trying to start a fight? I didn't see it but there is always two sides to a story. I once got started on by a Norwich fan who had two little kids with him if I retaliated which side of the story do you think a paper would have written?

I could be completely wrong of course anyone on here see it?

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This is one side of a story though, who's saying she wasn't giving verbal's to them as her husband is trying to start a fight? I didn't see it but there is always two sides to a story. I once got started on by a Norwich fan who had two little kids with him if I retaliated which side of the story do you think a paper would have written?

I could be completely wrong of course anyone on here see it?

well she probably did, im sure she didnt smash her own windscreen though.

Just now, Paul71 said:

well she probably did, im sure she didnt smash her own windscreen though.

I'm not condoning that at all, that's an idiotic thing to do but again from expierience people look like they're letting you out at times then will put their foot down just to be a t**t. Doesn't warrant smashing a window but again two sides.

There's idiots on both sides in this debate. I park opposite the Merlin and know for a fact that I will be stuck in traffic so will let people walk over the road in front of me whilst queueing, but occasionally you do find a gap and are able to drive at a reasonable speed and you still get planks that think because it is a matchday, the normal rules of the road don't apply and will stroll out in front of you without looking. But I know for a fact that if anybody had hit my car, I would also be jumping out and having a go. These idiots were blokes in the their 40's and 50's and should know better or if they are that wound up, hang around for the brum fans that were looking for trouble after the game and have a go with a group that will fight back.    

Archived