Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't lie camara... Looks lively but not good enough. Nor has Blackman offered enough. If these are the clement signings rather than chris evans... Well bring back chris Evans or Jeremy clarkson for that matter. We need to get back into top gear. 

I felt sorry for Camara. A couple of times he pinged over great crosses and no-one tried to get on the end of them. I thought that's what we employed Martin and Blackman for.

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I felt sorry for Camara. A couple of times he pinged over great crosses and no-one tried to get on the end of them. I thought that's what we employed Martin and Blackman for.

Anag Ram, I agree Ram a nag, A granma, Ran a mag, Rag a man, A ragman, Mar a nag, Anagram?

9 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Gypsy spell was allegedly lifted before 48 cup final.... not taking the pee but i seriously think we are cursed again.... playoff off final.... last season.... this season.... someone get that spoon bending fella or the ghostbusters to come and have a snoop round

I wasn't alive for ethier but everyone should be aware of the fact that the only time we won the cup was 1946. 

10 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Oopsi.... yeah of course.... schoolboy error thanks

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself and think about what you've done.

100 lines of "Derby County won the first post-war FA Cup in 1946" on my desk by the end of the day, satty, or I shall have to make a phone call to Mr and Mrs atwal.

21 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Not this season they havent.

I wonder what the spending figures for all championship clubs have been as 5 year average.

i venture to suggest that despite our recent splurge our average spending, while at the top end, isn't exceptional. Add to that the Johnson Butterfield situation arose following Bruson and Husghes being injured and us being lucky enough to have Mel's resources. One of those 2 would not have been bought if Hughesy had stayed uninjured. 

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself and think about what you've done.

100 lines of "Derby County won the first post-war FA Cup in 1946" on my desk by the end of the day, satty, or I shall have to make a phone call to Mr and Mrs atwal.

:mellow: i was half asleep.... didnt have much sleep the night before as was re running the game in my head.... i bow my head in shame.... i have a 1946 poster in the garage aswell :ermm:

• 3 months later...
On 24/01/2016 at 21:47, McLovin said:

I'd happily bet with anyone that we won't nake it into the play offs. I'm 99.999999% sure that we won't. Bet at your own peril.

On 24/01/2016 at 22:09, reveldevil said:

I'll have £100 with you, if that's ok?

On 24/01/2016 at 22:30, Tombo said:

Someone went for £100, maybe that's too rich for your blood, I don't think I'd take that either tbh.

Let's try £20 to a charity of the winners choice. You on?

Good job you never went for this @McLovin You'd have had to save up your pocket money for years to pay us off.

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

Good job you never went for this @McLovin You'd have had to save up your pocket money for years to pay us off.

How mature but I guess that reflects more on you than myself that you went to all that effort to find one post for your own agenda when lots of other posters at the time made the same prediction, there were different circumstances then with completely different tactics and different manager. Surely you could see due to the nature of the last bit "bet at your own peril" you could see I was joking but for your own humour I'd happily have the humble pie. I'm sure I could find some wrong predictions from yourself but I'm not sad enough to do that. I did say that I made that bet because if we did happen to fall out the play offs I would be in a win-win situation, either rich or seeing my team in the play offs with a genuine chance of going up. Oh well at least Sky are £100 richer now but I'd have preferred the play offs any day of the week.....

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

How mature but I guess that reflects more on you than myself that you went to all that effort to find one post for your own agenda when lots of other posters at the time made the same prediction, there were different circumstances then with completely different tactics and different manager. Surely you could see due to the nature of the last bit "bet at your own peril" you could see I was joking but for your own humour I'd happily have the humble pie. I'm sure I could find some wrong predictions from yourself but I'm not sad enough to do that. I did say that I made that bet because if we did happen to fall out the play offs I would be in a win-win situation, either rich or seeing my team in the play offs with a genuine chance of going up. Oh well at least Sky are £100 richer now but I'd have preferred the play offs any day of the week.....

You call @Tombo sad, but you respond to a little tongue-in-cheek jab with a full paragraph.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You call @Tombo sad, but you respond to a little tongue-in-cheek jab with a full paragraph.

A full paragraph that took about 2 minutes to write whereas Tombo was probably waiting for months for right moment to bump up this thread. Many other posters made the same prediction but it's funny how he singles out myself......

20 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You offered a bet out for something you were 99.9999% sure wouldn't happen. Many people decided to "bet at their own peril", myself included. I offered you a bet to charity, so I wouldn't have even benefitted personally, and you just ignored the comment.

It seems to me that for whatever reason, you're intentionally negative and I'm not sure why. If you really were so confident we'd drop out of the play-off places you'd have taken some of the many bets on offer. Nothing more than a troll, I find it hard to take anything you say with anything more than a pinch of salt.

Just now, McLovin said:

A full paragraph that took about 2 minutes to write whereas Tombo was probably waiting for months for right moment to bump up this thread. Many other posters made the same prediction but it's funny how he singles out myself......

I've no comment on your relationship with each other. 

Will say I don't remember anyone other than Bris suggesting we might not reach the playoffs (other than the wristslashers who come on to tell us the end is nigh whenever we lose) but that doesn't mean they weren't here. Aforementioned wristslashers meant I didn't pay much attention :p 

I'm certainly not going to take the time or effort to look.

Just now, Kernow said:

You offered a bet out for something you were 99.9999% sure wouldn't happen. Many people decided to "bet at their own peril", myself included. I offered you a bet to charity, so I wouldn't have even benefitted personally, and you just ignored the comment.

It seems to me that for whatever reason, you're intentionally negative and I'm not sure why. If you really were so confident we'd drop out of the play-off places you'd have taken some of the many bets on offer. Nothing more than a troll, I find it hard to take anything you say with anything more than a pinch of salt.

I did say that it was a win-win situation for me because I either would 1) Get some lovely winnings or 2) Get to see my team in the play offs. Also how do you know that I didn't or do not bet to charity? At the time I came into a bit of money from some other betting. To your comment that I was negative, we had just lost 4-1 and was a heat of the moment thing, were you expecting me to jump for joy?

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I did say that it was a win-win situation for me because I either would 1) Get some lovely winnings or 2) Get to see my team in the play offs. Also how do you know that I didn't or do not bet to charity? At the time I came into a bit of money from some other betting. To your comment that I was negative, we had just lost 4-1 and was a heat of the moment thing, were you expecting me to jump for joy?

From the way the game went you could surely see we didn't deserve to lost 4-1. Burnley were perhaps better but I'd argue a draw wouldn't have been unfair on either side.

If you'd already bet, why offer the bet out openly? I replied pretty quickly yet got no response from you. I even had to prompt you. I don't understand the endless negativity. You're not the only one on here but you're definitely only doing it for a wind. With a name of McLovin & previously dcfcrammyboy, it must all be a joke...

25 minutes ago, Kernow said:

From the way the game went you could surely see we didn't deserve to lost 4-1. Burnley were perhaps better but I'd argue a draw wouldn't have been unfair on either side.

If you'd already bet, why offer the bet out openly? I replied pretty quickly yet got no response from you. I even had to prompt you. I don't understand the endless negativity. You're not the only one on here but you're definitely only doing it for a wind. With a name of McLovin & previously dcfcrammyboy, it must all be a joke...

Just because I have a different perspective of the game doesn't mean that I'm negative. Whilst I agree that the score 4-1 was harsh you make your own luck. I've said this many a time, football is all about opinions, not one opinion is more valid than another

Archived